Costume Pictures

Christine

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the costumes - do any of you have outfits that are on your "to do" or "wish" list for the future? I'd like to put a Gryffindor costume together (with a little help from Alivans.com), along with any female costume from SW. The storm trooper outfits look so neat, but I'm sure I'd end up claustrophobic in one.

I've done both movie versions of the Hogwarts school robes, so I'd be happy to answer any questions, Cpt Sophia.

And which "female" costume are you referring to in Star Wars? There were females in all roles (including some women in Stormtrooper gear in the original trilogy): Jedi, Senators, Royalty, Pilots.

The problem with armor is that it is difficult to wear for long periods of time and there is some bruising involved where the pieces pinch (aka monkey bites). If you get claustrophobic I don't recommend it because the helmets feel close after a couple of hours.

Also, armor requires a certain commitment because it comes untrimmed and un-assembled. Even for my Jedi General arm/leg pieces I spent about 40 hours - which may be why I haven't done the torso/abdomen pieces yet.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

An old re-enacting buddy is into the Victorian English Big Game Hunter Gig... He has a whole camp set up and everything.  I must admit it is pretty freakin cool...

Did that guy take his camp to MTT about two years ago? If so, I saw it when I was there with the Old West gang. Their camp was amazing!

Cool, I didn't know your wife re-enacted.

I've also been tempted to do 24th with the Zulu War guys. Martini-Henry's were affordable last time I looked.

Too many neat things to do, not enough time, nor money.

Hey Ed, are you at all familiar with Space:1889? The question could steer us off-topic, but I've heard of Space:1889 LARPs, and I was wondering if you have heard/seen/done any of that?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Guest NEGRO PIRATE
here's an older shot from my performing at ren faires

swrd-bal.jpg

like so many of us i have very few of myself in full kit regardless of period :rolleyes:

IMG014.jpg

here's one of the lad and i last fall as we went to samhein(halloween)

now thats just ridiculous.

I'm aware of Space:1889, even vaguely familiar with the concept, but I've somehow never got round to actually playing it. Neither have I ever come across any Space:1889 LARP, but that could be really cool. I've done some fantasy LARP but had to give it up (got VERY fed up with people complaining that I wasn't supposed to win because I was just a level1 gurgle-grunt or something while they were a level53 Archmage-warrior prince. Who couldn't fight to save their life). I'd definitely consider giving Space:1889 LARP a go though.

Martini-Henrys might be cheap enough, but have you factored in the price of a bayonet...and some guts behind it?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Got a couple of PM's asking for more info/pictures of Free French stuff...

This was event we hosted at a Boy Scout camp in Virginia along the James river. We had 5 total FF troops (but 2 were part timing it for the weekend) and we were up against about 50 German troops.

The scenario involved a downed pilot that both sides were trying to find. The Germans other task was to find the Free French base of operations and to capture/eliminate them. The FF forces were tasked with disrupting supply lines and setting ambushes.

The first night of the event, we had set up a French Cafe/Cabaret in an old building. The Germans were drinking and eating and they thought that the "scenrio" would not start till the morning. About 12 midnight, during the height of the German celebration, Two FF members bursted into the caffee, threw Grenades and emptied Sten and MP40 Mags into the Partying Germans.

Needless to say, the Gloves were off after that!

By the way, my wife really isn't a "re-enactor". She just wanted to come out and see what the fuss was all about. While, she had a great time at both her events... She doesn't have the passion for history to make it a hobby.

FF-4.jpg

FF-5.jpgFF1.jpg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

here's an older shot from my performing at ren faires

swrd-bal.jpg

like so many of us i have very few of myself in full kit regardless of period ;)

IMG014.jpg

here's one of the lad and i last fall as we went to samhein(halloween)

now thats just ridiculous.

What be ridiculious Negro Pirate mate? I sees nothin a matter wit the gentlemans pictures. At least he be in garb and not a sweatshirt. He be showin a true love fer the hobby ya scurvey dog. We spend a lot o tyme gettin it right. Where be yer garb er colors?

Shoots anything that moves!!

Awesome costumes, all! I'm jealous! I've got to find a scanner... I've got my stormtrooper armor, pirate gear, Rev War Marine, Civil War Marine (US), Spanish American War Marine, WWI Marine, WWII Marine, (is there a pattern here? lol), and I'm working on a Marine from the war of 1812...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

LOL. You sound like me, Capt Morgan. :P

Too many costumes, too little time. Especially since the Harry Potter movie-makers have changed all the costumes (again!) for the new film coming out in November. I now have to make a new Professor McGonigal in addition to my son's Harry.

And then there are the Halloween costumes that my kids want: younger son has settled on Jedi robes (thank goodness, I can do that with my eyes closed) but older son wants an outfit from a video game that is not out yet (Kingdom Hearts II).

Nah, no pressure... :P

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

i think kingdom hearts II has potc in it... somewhat on topic... but anyway, i have my colonial gown to do, tonight, it has the overskirt cut out and thats it. it has to be totally done by tomorrow, and im really hoping its gonna be a little cooler tomorrow, because im going to be walking around cape may (i think thats where it is) in four layers. and the only petticoat i have thats long enough is polyester. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND MAKES A PETTICOAT OUT OF POLYESTER!!!

Martini-Henrys might be cheap enough, but have you factored in the price of a bayonet...and some guts behind it?

I have my share of fears, but I can honestly tell you I'd have no qualms over standing my ground, bayonet fixed, and waiting for that final moment.

Cheery thoughts, eh what?

Ooo... found one more pic I could post... but instead, I think it's time for some shuteye.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

We need more holidays where the wearing of costumes is the order of the day...

:P

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Here is a picture of me (and my group) going out of the Ft Bragg Jump Towers... German style head first. We had a pretty large group of SF guys stop their cars and get out and watch us.

JumpTraining-3.jpg

In a totally unrelated incident, A German paratrooper (my Brother) searches some captured Brit SAS.

Prisoners-1a.jpg

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Guest NEGRO PIRATE
Besides pirate/renaissance garb, attire, whatever. Post yer pictures of you in other costumes. Whether it be for Halloween or any other event.

Here's some of mine:

ChristineasAlicewithJasminekitty.jpg

photoshoot.jpg

Wally_and_Christine_photo_shoot_2.jpg

Wally_and_Christine_photo_shoot_1.jpg

BatsandCat.jpg

poorgolem.jpg

The_Star_Trek_Crew.jpg

sexy............... :lol:

What great costumes! I love the Batman/Catwoman having dinner together. That is a great picture!

I like the "London after Midnight" costume, too. I just watched it last month.

Good work, I love seeing people who put thought into their costume and enjoy dressing up !

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

The Star Trek outfit is great, i love Star trek but sofar i've only the com badge.

And a chess game i cannot put anywhere, no more space..sheesh i always wanted it and got it as a gift from work and now it's sitting in it's box.

Ok, drifing off LOL, great pics guys :)

hero.jpg