Costume Pictures

Christine

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, great costumes everybody. by the way, dread pirate gregory, would you happen to know my friend natasha? i think she belongs to that, uh, whatever you call em. for some reason 501 sounds like the one shes in. i dunno. time to stop rambling.

Christine, were ye dressed as Elvira when ye posed with her ?

I envy ye havin a picture with the Mistress o the Night. When I met her, I didn't have a camera with me. * Damn forgetfulness * Had to settle for an autographed pic o her though. Can't complain.

wow, those are some good costumes/pictures. I dont have my scanner hooked up now so no pics of mine ('sides I dont think I have any pics) of the last three years I've celebrated Halloween at work, but for so long I didn't (was told I was too old, lol) But the past 2 years I went as a 'quick-thrown-together-ina-hurry-makeshift-pirate' and the year before that I went as a painter's drop-cloth.

One year I'm gonna go as a white sheet that says "chicken" (or bull) across it so that I can be Chicken Sheet.

Btw- Rogue Mermaid, love the costume- you remind me of Demona from the Disney cartoon Gargoyles. Two thumbs up!

i would love to send pictures of me all dressed up (some of just clothes i wear to school, i like to theme my day) but i cant find pics or work the scanner... hmmm, maybe this button that says "scan" might do it. i am a bit technologically challenged.

A still-in-progress Browncoat (Space Pyrate) from Whedon's Firefly/Serenity:

browncoat.jpg

Nice work everyone!

Ahh, this is good to see. I have been rewatching Firefly, in anticipation of the film. Very nice.

Finally, new scanner in place, works terrific. So here's some pic's to widen your eyes. I tried like hell to make them smaller, but failed.

ThePeacockBall1.jpg

I won First Place in the Master Class, First Place Master Class for Workmanship for beading and jewelling. Best of Show at ConDor 5, 1998.

ThePeacockBall2.jpg

Back view

ThePeacockBall3.jpg

close up of front beadwork

SweetheartAmanda.jpg

SweetheartAmanda2.jpg

Title of costume: Sweetheart Amanda. Won at LosCon 15, 1988. First Place Novice, Second Place Workmanship in beading.

Destiny.jpg

Destiny2.jpg

Costume Title: Destiny. My very first major costume attempt. Shown at WorldCon, 1984. I handset 1,438 rhinestones on royal blue velvet.

MotherRackettsPlasticPirateGirls.jpg

MotherRackettsPlasticPirateGirls2.jpg

The now very famous Mother Rackett's Plastic Pirate Girls. Tanya Mock and myself. Actually sewn plastic garbage bags, including the bloomers. Won at LosCon 24, 1998, First Place, Master Class, First Place for Unique use of plastic bags.

FantasyPirate.jpg

Fantasy Pirate, some called this outfit the "Birthday cake topper". :lol:

Well there you have it.

love your costumes, rumba! wish i had your sewing talent. :rolleyes:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Rumba, ye look MAGNFICENT!

What a fabulous seamstress and model ye be!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Here is one of me son from FarPoint in February. He was an Orc Warrior. Not the LOTR brand, but the D&D kind. We made the axe too. The outfit was all suede and fur with metal mesh on the mask.

OrcWarrior2.jpg

He took first place in the Young Fan Division and also got a medal for First workmanship since he helped with some of the sewing.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

OMG, Cheryl, I'd run like hell if I saw him! What a GREAT costume.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Rumba - those costumes are wonderful! I already thought you were a terrific costume designer but this gives me even more respect for you.

These pictures don't do the fabric of the capes or the masks justice, but here are a couple of photos from a masked event Jack and I went to a couple of years ago. Jack's mask was particularly resplendent. And it's not quite clear, but mine has a bunch of soft feathers that went back over the head and three peacock feathers in the middle.

RHJMap.jpg

Rhumba your costumes are great.,but I am really impressed with your feathered mask! (I have been trying to collect from my bird a few more before I send)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I didn't make the mask, but it was what got me started. I purchased the mask from a gal for a major discount since I had been working her booth at Southern Faire, eons ago. She doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore.

But it truly was the mask that got my mind working and what you see is the end result. The Nobility Court dress I aquired from Frieda Soto-Paris, whatever her married name is now. But she made many of the Queens outfits for years. I learned a tremendous amount from her about costuming and I'm grateful.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. It really makes this gal's heart sing.

Mad Woman Cheryl, your son is a real ham, ain't it great! He'll make a fine pirate cabin boy.

Rumba

**Smile and Let Your Spirit Soar**

• 1 month later...

Thank ye Rumba fer yer 'guide t' postin' piccies'.....Finally I can post some o' me in me various garb's.......(bows deeply)..

first up.....me Eco warrior garb...fer the 'Warriors night' held in me club...

EcoWarrior.jpg

next......'Gents night'.....wot wot!

wot.jpg

Me in 'Panzer drivers coat'......tryin' t' sell it fer a mate o' mine....gen ww2 german gear.....

Jacketfrontclosed2.jpg

Hussah!....fer modern tech!

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg