Jolly Rogers

Captain Cronus

Is there a website that has lyrics for their songs?

I am listening to Yo-ho-ho and I want to know the lyrics to it.

Darkmalkin gave you the Jolly Roger website in the previous post. If you click on the albums, they give lyrics for some of the songs.

Not sure what you mean by "Yo ho ho" -- don't remember they have a song by that title. Perhaps you mean "The Derelict" -- which is the proper name for "Fifteen men on the Dead Men's Chest" -- also called "Yo ho ho and a Bottle of Rum" because of the chorus?

If so, it seems the Jolly Rogers don't give a link to the lyrics. You probably can find it at the Mudcat Cafe website, and several other websites. But, if you'd like to learn that song, [blatant plug warning] we have it, and several others the Jolly Rogers sing (The Devil's Son, L'Ollonais, All for me Grog, Morning Glory, and Captain Kidd) in the No Quarter Given Pirate Song Book (complete with lyrics, music and chords). http://www.noquartergiven.net/collection.htm

BTW -- The Jolly Roger lads are working on a new album, "X Marks the Spot". It will be all original.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 2 months later...

I have a few, I think three. However, with the Bilge Pumps and Jolly Rogers, I can't remember for sure... They're good. It's a matter of taste, but they do some traditional and some contemporary sea shanties. All of which sound good. I'll probably buy another when it comes out.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Being a fan of the JR's, I love their music. "Pirate Gold" is a wonderful album but, their new one "X Marks the Spot" is outstanding. Well worth the gold to purchase it, in my opinion.

Captain Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com