I've always wanted to go there...

Mission

If you think you will someday go to these places, I suggest you will someday go to these places. If you think it will probably never happen, it almost certainly will not.

Let me 'splain...no there is too much. Let me sum up. As you think, so shall you be and do.

Well it's more me being realistic, I will always dream of going to those places and those dreams will always make me smile and want to try but... with the fact that I will have enormous medical bills for the rest of my life and the likelyhood of me being able to get a job to make enough money to pay for my basic living and then medical there isn't going to be much left over to just run off to differant parts of the world. Of course there is always the plan of getting together with a rich guy. :huh: (kidding)

But basically it's a not letting myself believe something will happen and be let down cause there is so much working against it. Of course all of that wont stop me from at least trying cause if it does happen later on in life than that would be rad. Otherwise I really am happy with what things do happen, especially the little things. I'm acutally a pretty happy person cause I am teaching myself not to dwell and just to take all of it as glass half full rather than half empty.

Perhaps they are expecting a ROUS instead of BOUS?

*snort* maybe they need lots of room to avoid the flame spurts and the lightning sand ;P

• 4 weeks later...

I want to go many places.. but, okay, a short list it is:

* Egypt (pyramids and all)

* Yucatan Penninsula (once again, pyramids and all)

* Australia & New Zealand (inevitable, isn't it)

* Alaska (been obsessed since I was 10)

* Greek Isles ( bring on the Oozo)

* And, of course, Sailing, Sailing over the deep blue sea (it doesn't really matter to where...it's the journey that counts)

Myspace pagepyratbabe13@yahoo.com
I have no true love but the sea. Arrrrr!

Been a lot of places over my lifetime, but here's the short list.

Moorea - would like to go back there with someone I actually like. It beats the hell out of Hawaii. Bora Bora would be good too.

Galapagos - just to be able to see that level of unspoiled nature and wildlife is reason enough.

Roatan - the Bay Islands of Honduras is beautiful, unspoiled and the people there are amazing. This is a go back.

Wales & Ireland - an ancestry thing. Not really interested in most of Europe.

Italy - that said, would love to visit Italy and eat and drink well.

Belize - my girlfriend's family lives there - would like to see something that's not Belize City. And I would love to camp out at the Mayan ruins there.

Jamaica - again and again. Love Port Royal and the people there.

New Orleans and San Francisco - two of my all time favorites.

Australia used to be on my list when I lived on the West Coast. But being an East Coaster now it's just too far away. Heck it was 18 hours from Seattle...

That should keep me busy for a while.

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Some time, hopefully in this lifetime, I'd love to go to:

Italy-always wanted to go since I was a kid. I wouldn't have to worry about the food there-lol!

Ireland-I have a lot of Irish in me and would love to see the beautiful countryside.

Greece-Greek is also in my background. I love the food and the country is just beautiful!

England-a place I've just always wanted to go to. My sister, aunt and uncle have so far been lucky and have already been there.

France-I really would only go to 2 places there: Disneyland Paris and to the Paris Opera House.

Hawaii-I only went once when I was 13, but I'd love to go again. My favorite island is Kauai.

Australia-a friend of both my sister and mine lives there and invited us out there whenever we can go.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

How did that slogan go? "Join the Navy and see the world!"

Places I've been...

Most of the States (including Hawaii)

Canada

United Kingdom (lived in Cornwall for two and a half years)

Ireland

Japan

Hong Kong

Singapore

Bahrain

Australia

Places I'd like to visit someday...

Germany

Italy (espcially Venice and Rome)

France

Greece

The Netherlands

Okay, okay...Europe in general...

Russia

Alaska

Egypt and some other bits of Africa

Jerusalem

The Caribbean

Mexico and South America to see the temples and "Lost Cities"

Meg Wardell Posted on Sep 16 2005, 09:44 AM

How did that slogan go? "Join the Navy and see the world!"

B)

Thanks for dragging us Jarheads along with ya... some of the scenic spots of the world I've been to:

Iraq

Kuwait

Israel

Greece

Haiti

Denmark

Jamaica

Bahamas

UK

Germany

Canada

Australia

And where I wanna go-

Cuba (that embargo thing has gotta end eventually... from some of my European mates, it is a great place for a vacation)

Scotland

Ireland

France

Germany (this time hopefully I'll remember it... long story there)

Switzerland

Spain

Egypt

China

Most of South America

And, I'm sure I'll get to most, if not all of them, eventually!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Were you in the UK on orders? I was stationed there for a couple of years...JMF St. Mawgan.

Yeah, did some time training with the Royal Marines in Poole, and was in London for some anti-terrorism stuff... only went in short trips, of no more than a couple weeks at a time, never stationed there, though... I'd love to go back!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I have been from one end of England to the other(Stayed with me mums family for 4 months)

We were supposed to go back this past summer for our honeymoon but did not ;)

I have been to Scotland, spent a week on a house boat on Locke Ness sadly no monster.

Then spent a few days in Wales visiting distant aunts and uncles

and thats my short list as well, The only thing keeping me here in California are my kids

Going to Hawaii in March

Thar are two islands that I will visit someday. First I want to spend at least a month in Ireland and surrounding countries, then a week or so in Malta would be divine. My family hails from these two fyne places and it is me goal in life to go and make friends there. :lol:

i really want to goto ireland some day

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• 2 weeks later...

A short list of where I'd like to visit:

London

Scotland (going in Jan 06)

Ireland

Japan

Australia

New Zealand

Egypt

Palau Islands (saw them in an Imax movie once)

I've been to a handful of states (or driven through them) in the US, the Mexican Riviera, Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Caymen.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

PLaces been : Singapore, Thialand,Philipines,Hawii, THe MAll, my bedroom, work and really who cares! :unsure:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 3 weeks later...

Salisbury Plains - England

Egypt

Carribean

Key West

Ireland

The open seas on a real pirate ship :)

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

You should definitely see Key West before it changes again. Then you can complain about how, "It's not the way it used to be! When I first came here, etc. etc. etc." Key West is the most polymorphic place I've ever been. Reading its history, I've discovered that this has been pretty well true since the Carib indians wandered down there to battle the mosquitos.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

For a pyrate, I be not too well travelled—1978, A Club Med in Mexico the only place out of the US. Have seen the Grand Canyon, stayed for a week on a houseboat on Lake Powel, UT., and another houseboat for a week on Lake Shasta.

Been to Disnyland too many times to count—since I was 10 yrs old. Most interesting trip, when I was in my 20's, and got stuck on the Pirates of the Carribbean ride for half an hour, right at the end where your little boat goes back up the ramp. They closed the ride down, but we were the last ones they got out. While we waited, canted at a 45 degree angle, my first husband passed around a flask of rum to our fellow captives. I must have had heard "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me" run through my head for weeks afterwards. :D

Places I'd like to see, if I get lucky and pick six:

Ireland and England—as that's my heritage.

The Greek Islands

Egypt-take a boat up the Nile.

Italy-for the food and wine!

A port-to-port sail on the Lady Washington-as a crew member in training. Spent a day on her earlier this year, and loved it, but they couldn't go out of the bay.

Actually, one of the places I'd aways wanted to go to was New Orleans, for the food. Might have to wait a bit for that trip, till things dry out.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I was about to start a new forum regarding Malta, but wanted to see if someone else had discussed it first. I searched for "Malta," and the search engine brought me to this thread, but I could not find it in the posts...

Having said that, and apropos to this discussion thread, the only place on this planet that even comes close to my short list of places to go is Malta. Give me a week of renewed perspective, and I might come up with a list of more than one location, but having just returned from a week in Malta (the second trip in three years), mateys, I cannot begin to imagine traveling to any other counry again.

I have been to Scotland, England, Russia, Canada, South Africa, and all over the U.S. -- but my heart and soul belong in Malta. When the wheels of our plane left the runway, I lost control and cried in deep regret and loss to leave behind something so beloved (although I will carry with me to my grave a physical reminder of Malta). Just an hour ago I got my one-hour photo processing back (batch one: 12 rolls) and cannot believe some of the shots I got of this most beautiful country.

... Sorry, perhaps this all belongs in my other thread (yet to be started) on Malta, but for now my short list has only one location.

Oh! I have another one -- Gozo! The second largest of Malta's five islands!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

...Been to Disnyland too many times to count—since I was 10 yrs old. Most interesting trip, when I was in my 20's, and got stuck on the Pirates of the Carribbean ride for half an hour, right at the end where your little boat goes back up the ramp. They closed the ride down, but we were the last ones they got out. While we waited, canted at a 45 degree angle, my first husband passed around a flask of rum to our fellow captives. I must have had heard "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me" run through my head for weeks afterwards...

Disneyland or Disney World? As outlined elsewhere (in a very lengthy post) I was stuck in the PotC ride in Disney World the day it opened. However, I was stuck for well over an hour, but I was (also) on the last boat they pulled all the way through (the ones behind us were pulled out backward). I am only now getting past the horror of hearing "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me" a billion times.

However, this happend to me in Florida, and you in California (your profile does not hint at your age, and you would have to be quite older than me). What a small world it would be for both of us to have been in the same boat!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg