You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Such handsome men! ::swoons and bonks her head on the keyboard::

:ph34r:

Seriously guys, the effort you put into your garb speaks volumes of your love of re-enactment and history. Makes a thrift-store pyrate like myself green with envy. :)

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so cool to see all of these great pictures! We be a dashing, dastardly, delightful crewe of pirates! Cheers to all!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Right....

'ere's me avitar...

https://pyracy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=15

'ere's me lookin' like a common sailor on land...

https://pyracy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=676

I've a few more.... somewhere... when I's wearin' a hat too...

An' firin' cannons, etc...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

You can never have too many girls!

girls.jpg

That's me with just a few of me adoring wenches and erm... an adoring fella...

Jesus, I was knackered! :ph34r:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I have a good reason for keeping to one wench... because she has a Sharp's four barrel pocket pistol, and she knows how to use it!

lucy01.jpg

And since I've stepped out of period for a sec... me as 15th (Scottish) Recce...

Johnsentryduty.jpg

re-enacting... it's all about the cool hats!!!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

John, I love Mrs Blackjohn's outfit, looks superb! Between the gun, the boots and the look in her eyes I don't think I'd mess about either! It shames me to say that the current "Mrs" Foxe isn't in my picture...

Anyway, if we're going out of period I've always rather liked this one

Pilot.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Good God Rummy! Do you have to have a license for those things?

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

OFF TOPIC RESPONSE!

Yeah, it is RAF, they wore blue and khaki uniforms depending on circumstances and personal preference. Dress uniform was always blue but "HD overalls" (what the army called "battledress") could be in either blue or in army khaki. When modified with items of civilian wear (like poloneck jumpers - very popular amongst pilots) the RAF looked scruffy as hell.

I have been considering setting up a re-enactment unit of "Popski's Private Army" - like the LRDG but they operated mostly in Italy.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk