You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Now that I have two canoes and a kayak in my fleet, should I be addressed as Commodore?

Last Battle for me this weekend at Glasgow, MO. I gotta be a damn yankee for the first time ever. Our Company is the host unit so we gotta go blue for the event. What a sorry way to end a reenacting "career" huh. Embarrassing to say the least. Wish I had kept my pyrate gear so I coulda showed-up with my wheel lock and gone rogue!

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have two canoes and a kayak in my fleet, should I be addressed as Commodore?

Last Battle for me this weekend at Glasgow, MO. I gotta be a damn yankee for the first time ever. Our Company is the host unit so we gotta go blue for the event. What a sorry way to end a reenacting "career" huh. Embarrassing to say the least. Wish I had kept my pyrate gear so I coulda showed-up with my wheel lock and gone rogue!

Bo

Commodore Bo... Ifn ye come back to pirate'n, I'll buy ye a BIG hat...

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

This reminds me of the song Fetch Me Old Red Doublet.

Great look Fritz!

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Commodore Bo... Ifn ye come back to pirate'n, I'll buy ye a BIG hat...

mP

My 18th century friends are all pretty upset with me for bailing out too, and I did attend the Chez le Canses fete at Fort Osage last month just to visit and show off the Wheel lock. Got way too drunk at the Tavern Friday night, (mixed dark ale and rum), and spent Saturday sprawled out on a bunk in one of the barracks hung-over baaaad!

The first Captain of the WTF co., (the founder), has enticed me to give it one last go at the Fort de Chartres winter woods-walk first weekend in November. We are all that's left of the outfit. I'll see how it goes but so far the magic just ain't there anymore. I'll try and post pictures though.

Good to see that some are still putting out great effort with their kits. Kudos to those who have posted recently. Good work. This is why I keep coming back here, to see who is still around and who is new.

Tried to put in a picture of me in my Yankee suit, but won't work.

Bo

• 2 months later...

OK, not pyratey but I finally got the only photo known in existence of me in a damn Yankee suit:

Glasgow_zpsbaeff270.jpg

In my defense; during the late period of the Civil War in Mizzourah (1864) all male residents were required to enroll in militia companies regardless of whether or not they had fought for the South, been paroled, released for medical reasons, (etc), in order to keep track of former Confederates. These were known by Union people as "Paw-paw militia." Mostly they just went out on circular "patrols" (but couldn't seem to find any rebels), or fired a few desultory shots and surrendered to any Confederate forces they encountered, or just took off with their militia issued equipment and re-joined their Confederate brethren. So that was our portrayal for this event. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Bo

Hey... the unit I use-to reenact (Co. A 14th TENN. Vol. Inf. ) historically showed up at Sharpsburg (Antietam) completely dressed in brand new Union uniforms... They had made a little side trip to Harper's Ferry first, and it was the first issue on new uniforms (well they were the wrong color) they had since the war began.... 8)

• 4 months later...

Well, I tried getting out but for various reasons I still remain entrenched in the hobby after all I have done to the contrary. I recently went to Fort de Chartres for the April trade faire with my itinerant grinder impression. There are some fantastic photos but I cannot figure out how to get them here from the FB site they are hosted on. The photographer for some of those is Thang Ho Photography, and if you find the album between all the drag-queens, mimes, and WWII reenactor ones, keep scrolling down and there are three or four more of my impression by a lady photographer, Ericha Johanning also. Not having any luck in getting a link or shortcut up here, but if you want to see them try the thanghophotography on facebook and hopefully you will see them there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-de-Chartres-Historic-Site/561377117310205

Bo

• 4 weeks later...

Bo,

The blue looks good on ye!

** snickerin **

mP

Oh the shame of it all! I had to take three showers and use perfume too... I will never be the same again.

I hope to get some shots up soon of my seaman impression with my new Mad Pete slops!

Bo

Whenever the fort event ends I always jump onto the Facebook page in anticipation of pictures and was overjoyed when I came across this one. Tracy heard me exclaim 'Bo!', and she looked over to see what I was so excited about, so I showed her the old engravings and she was most impressed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has provided me with such great entertainment and inspiration! Thank you all for sharing. You all look great!

Aspiring writer, living adventures imagined behind closed eyes.
Yoga lover, red wine enthusiast.

• 3 weeks later...

BCarp -

Splendid.

What was the event/invasion?

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

BCarp -

Splendid.

What was the event/invasion?

This inaugural event: http://www.fortrodmanpyrateinvasion.com/

Located on Clark's Point on Buzzards Bay, just south of New Bedford, Mass. They did a super job for a first-time event, and plans are already in the works for next year.

Here's an album of pics I saved, featuring our three small boats, and the two larger craft that participated:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BCarp/slideshow/Pyrate%20Invasion

Carpie

"You will be a brother to pirates and corsairs...."

• 4 weeks later...