You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gov -

Yourself and the First Lady make a colorful couple indeed.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to visit Disney World this past October. Here's a shot of me at the entrance of the Swiss Family Robinson's tree house. I didn't wear my coat, bucket boots, or hat do to a lack of suitcase space and the Florida heat.

disney_world_pirate_by_slannmage-d6ppj50

Here's a picture of my full garrrb. The coat I got for a steal on ebay - it dates back to the late 1800's and was used at several opera houses. It has a lot of natural wear and tear, plus plenty of sun damage - perfect for a pirate.

piratenight_zps9ad6b335.jpg?t=1383667867

IMG_20131004_182146_zps9f7384a0.jpg

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

Captain Tuerie those are some great photos! You could easily crop out your shoes in the picture in front of the Swiss family Robinson Tree house. The coat is very cool too!

Question for you! I've heard Disney is very strict about costumes on site in the parks (I know they let everyone dress up in Japan). I thought only kids could dress up in the Magic Kingdom. How did you pull that off shipmate?

Captain Tuerie those are some great photos! You could easily crop out your shoes in the picture in front of the Swiss family Robinson Tree house. The coat is very cool too!

Question for you! I've heard Disney is very strict about costumes on site in the parks (I know they let everyone dress up in Japan). I thought only kids could dress up in the Magic Kingdom. How did you pull that off shipmate?

Yeah, I had the same question.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Thanks!!! I need to get a better shot with my actual boots. I opted for some leather spats/ modern ankle boots while at the park.

Disney is strict about costumes, however in October the Magic Kingdom has a special "Mickey's Not So Scary, Halloween" event. The Magic KIngdom is open in the evening to Midnight. Guests that purchase these tickets can dress in costume. It was a really enjoyable experience, many of the park workers really loved the costume.

Edited by Captain Tuerie

IMG_20131004_182146_zps9f7384a0.jpg

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

I was fortunate enough to visit Disney World this past October. Here's a shot of me at the entrance of the Swiss Family Robinson's tree house. I didn't wear my coat, bucket boots, or hat do to a lack of suitcase space and the Florida heat.

disney_world_pirate_by_slannmage-d6ppj50

Here's a picture of my full garrrb. The coat I got for a steal on ebay - it dates back to the late 1800's and was used at several opera houses. It has a lot of natural wear and tear, plus plenty of sun damage - perfect for a pirate.

piratenight_zps9ad6b335.jpg?t=1383667867

hey mate! welcome to Pyracy Pub! wasn't expecting to see you here, it's Edward-Smee from deviantart. I gave you a compliment recently on the same garb on deviantart

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Thanks!!! I need to get a better shot with my actual boots. I opted for some leather spats/ modern ankle boots while at the park.

Disney is strict about costumes, however in October the Magic Kingdom has a special "Mickey's Not So Scary, Halloween" event. The Magic KIngdom is open in the evening to Midnight. Guests that purchase these tickets can dress in costume. It was a really enjoyable experience, many of the park workers really loved the costume.

Thanks awesome! At Disney in Japan everyone dresses up! It looks like fun!

In St. Augustine at the Pirate Gathering.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=7200

https://pyracy.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=7196

Guess which one I am....Hint I'm the one without the peg leg.....

Edited by peglegstrick

• 2 months later...
Finally Got My Fop On ! Inspired by the movie Rob Roy

fopeye2

bandwfopeye

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of my Recent ones. The two with me in the blue coat are from a loval Twelfth Night Feast, I was proud to have one first place in the costume contest this year. My dad, who I went with, is of the opinion I had it locked in as soon as I stepped inside.

PA260004

P1190058

P1190056

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

• 6 months later...

This is my garb so far.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/reenactment%20flying%20gang/Anprobe1.jpg?_subject_uid=341644189&w=AAByIVf223XNYsHJZLOfLaRhk2csfjlspJwiOiVf1lemQA

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/reenactment%20flying%20gang/Anprobe2.jpg?_subject_uid=341644189&w=AAAKIGjA7p6FkNeDxOITUoS0GoFfTSNz9EylRTW8BP7_lA

I know it is rather plain and boring compared to the fancy rags some of you guys strut in. But when it comes to reenactment I am going for a simple common style. However, there's still a lot to do. So please feel free to comment, if you would like to.

Edited by Frtiz

Aye Brother, 'simple common style' is exactly what we need more of!

Way too many of us go around like grand captains or what have you, when the truth is most everyone, except maybe after a lucky prize or maybe celebrating in port somewhere, would be very very plainly attired. Just like us today don't 'dress up' for hard manual work - or to go to WalMart - they didn't back then either. And unless you were in a friendly port, you wouldn't dress up then either unless you wanted to alert authorities that you somehow had access to things way beyond a normal seaman's ability.

Now granted, it is fun to dress up a bit, especially for a party or ball, but for day-to-day, how-it-really-was, simple and plain is much appreciated! Thank ye for yer work to 'keep it real', aye!

yr mst hum and obt svt-

I always thought it was kinda funny.... a whole buncha Captains, First Mates and Master Gunners......AND VERY FEW CREW.....

Captains are a dime a dozen.... The only reason the crew don't get more of th' loot, is because there are so many Captains, that alla them out vote us fer a pay raise (kinda like Congress).

BW-PH.jpg

I say.... let them do alla th' work fer awhile an' see how they like it....

Oh yeah Fritz.... yer dropbox account won't show yer pictures.... if ye "go advanced" when ye post, down at th' bottom of the postin' pannel is th' option to "Attach Files" that may work ....