You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great there, Ivan! I'm almost jealous. Almost. ;)

I know this is incredibly late, but better late than never, so here is a pic taken of me at the Port Washington Pirate Fest back in June, of my new outfit (will have to make some minor alterations to the venetian breeches).

249434_10150655275490595_815765594_19204256_7087467_n.jpg

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 month later...

I did go to Fort Osage a couple weeks ago. If I look grumpier than usual it's because I was still in pain from my recent trip to the hospital, and had also just been back to see what was wrong with my leg after the heart catheter incision started turning all sorts of colors from the incison to below my knee , looked and felt like a bruise from getting kicked by a horse. Turns out the incision leaked and then the blood thingy burst and , well enough about that. I was not feeling very well but dammit i was going to the fort no matter what!!! I drank a whole bottle of PYRAT XO Reserve at the tavern between friday and saturday night. Been saving it since my graduation back in May. So, without any further ado:

FtOsage09-11-1.jpg

314526_10150381917176195_161340931194_10317254_1534604_n.jpg

310262_10150381918406195_161340931194_10317262_1184030994_n.jpg

I was using my home-made crutch from the car wreck I had back in 2009. Glad I hung onto that!

P.S.- This gettin old shtuff ain't fer sissies!!!

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

When my new flintlocks come in I will be updating this again. Complete with shoes... I have a feeling that I might only use them for historical pirate festivals. The boots are still my favorite. But hey you never know, the shoes might grow on me. Just good to have them when I need them.

smythesig-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Took these a few minutes ago, went for a Halloween ride through the "neighborhood" in English tack with my colonial garb. What a beautiful day we had!

halloween2011002.jpg

halloween2011001.jpg

Today is our last day on-line, so Happy Halloween everyone! Hope all winter well.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Looking Sharp Bo.........I miss having & riding my horse. Have a friend here that offered to let me work some of his horses.....Kinda shy of that wiyhout the left leg & all.

Nice tack.....have allways loved English gear.....my Uncle Stewart raised Tenneessee walkers & he had nothing but english tack and that is what I learned to ride with.

Took these a few minutes ago, went for a Halloween ride through the "neighborhood" in English tack with my colonial garb. What a beautiful day we had!

halloween2011002.jpg

Today is our last day on-line, so Happy Halloween everyone! Hope all winter well.

Bo

Very sharp, and a fine day for riding.

The weather here was so mild that it felt like mid July all day and into the night. Tracy and I just came back from 5 different back to back events with the children. We had a wonderful evening and it's the first time I've worn my Quartermaster kit to anything other than a period event.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Peg- You're looking awesome! That wee powder monkey looks to be havin a great time of it too. I grew up in western tack, so these last five years have been a learning experience for me, but I am happy to say I have not (yet) been un-seated from either my Buena Vista, nor any of the three English saddles we now have (they're cheap around this part of the country). We just got an Argentine given to us. It looks exactly like the one from the Horatio Hornblower series that Hornblower rode in the French Revolution episode. It is qucikly becoming our favorite.

William, I'll bet that was a big hit, your kit is museum quality to be sure! Well, we should be disconnected sometime this afternoon, but I'll try to slip in from a library when I can to say howdy.

Bo

• 1 month later...

Ye look positively beatific: not good for a bloodthirsty pyrate. Otherwise fantastic, as usual.

Jim -

Beautific... Thems be the ones to be wary of. Ye'll never hear the swish o' the sword. :ph34r:

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I see travel posters in the background, don't I? There's a story to this picture.

The call of adventure... maybe exotic places ??? :D

Welcome Raven!

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Bo... you are evil! I am jealous. :) Ye look beyond splendid, Bo! Bravo! Halloween, hmm? Lemme guess... Headless Horseman? :)

Pegleg... ye look fantastic! Ye definitely are the spitting image of Long John Silver! Huzzah! :::: worship::: Ye make Pirate look very good. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!