You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, I like the powder horn..where did you get it?

Not sure, it's been a bit. They are available at many places though for about $20.

I see them on eBay pretty frequently for about $14 or so... And if you are patient enough, I have seen vendors at re-enactment who sell them for as cheap as $12 or less.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hate to tell ye mate, but she's probably a better shot than you: look where the muzzles are pointed. If the breech plug on hers was polished I believe it would have reflected the flash.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I hate to tell ye mate, but she's probably a better shot than you: look where the muzzles are pointed. If the breech plug on hers was polished I believe it would have reflected the flash.

Judging from my attempts at shooting on the Wii over xmas I believe you are right ha ha.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

I once saw a photo of several, five or so, fast-draw champions pointing their guns at the camera. All of them reflected the light from the flash off the face of the breech. Don't piss off those guys...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I once saw a photo of several, five or so, fast-draw champions pointing their guns at the camera. All of them reflected the light from the flash off the face of the breech. Don't piss off those guys...

I'd go for the Clint Eastwood approach in the unforgiven and just go get a blunderbuss biggrin.gif

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

pm... give yerself some time, check out everyone else's garb, decide what look you wanna go for, try to make it, get frustrated, ask for advice and tips on the board, get some great advice from the people who were once in your shoes !!

many started off exactly where you are now !!

good luck to ya !!

• 1 month later...

My new ticken short vest, linen waist coat and linen shirt

short.jpg

long.jpg

close.jpg

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

I dig it. Nice stuff, mate. And I really like your sheath knife, which incidentally looks a helluvalot like my own. By any chance, is the maker's mark a tiny little canoe?

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

It occurrs to me that I have not yet put up any pictures of myself in garb on this thread, which boggles the mind, as I tend to be a raging narcicist. Well, I shall remedy the situation forthwith.

Here ye go, folks. Jack McCool, Irish-highwayman-turned-pirate. Pretty much none of the kit is period accurate as of yet, but we're working on it. For now, I'm pleased with my Hollywood Pyrate kit.

gallery_11102_229_84034.jpg

gallery_11102_229_24601.jpg

gallery_11102_229_41426.jpg

gallery_11102_229_36727.jpg

gallery_11102_229_22910.jpg

Okay, that should be about enough of me to last you folks a lifetime...

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

J8ksdad- Wonderful job mate, lovin the ticken weskit......the mercury iphones pretty bad ass....if you like ...THOSE..guys.......*grin

Master McCool- Though not pc...i still like it...tis a very nice hollywood kit...i love the pic wit the patches and missing teeth lol..heck your wearing trousers in that on score one on the pc side! lol

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

William, The phone is kind of prominent. Always glad to tell people about it.

Captain Jack, Yes it is the same knife. Great kit by the way!

Mr. Cross, I have my tailor (mother-in-law) working on some ticken breaches to go along.

Edited by j8ksdad

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Thanks! And in regards to the knife, do you happen to know who exactly makes those? I bought mine from the Mountain Man - this little re-enactment store down near Colorado Springs, about an hour and a half away from me - and I haven't been able to get back there since. I'd be interested to see some more of that particular maker's stuff, but I don't remember the name the guy at the shop gave me. All I have to go on is the tiny canoe.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Thanks! And in regards to the knife, do you happen to know who exactly makes those? I bought mine from the Mountain Man - this little re-enactment store down near Colorado Springs, about an hour and a half away from me - and I haven't been able to get back there since. I'd be interested to see some more of that particular maker's stuff, but I don't remember the name the guy at the shop gave me. All I have to go on is the tiny canoe.

PM Sent

Groovy, thanks! Using said PM I actually found out that the maker is Dean Oliver, of a company called River Traders. They've got some really nice knives.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Pretty sharp there, J8ks. :D Especially th' brown linen waistcoat. Right nice there, it is. And th' ticken... equally sharp. Nice combination with th' metal buttons.

Aye, I'm with Cross on this one, McCool. It's still a good outfit. :) But ye be not too far from th' marker unlike some others. So, pat yo'rself on th' back.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

Photo0085.jpgThought I'd post a picture of my jacobite garb which includes the tartan shortcoat I enquired about ealier. Here's what my character would look like at home in the highlands.

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0080.jpgPhoto0081.jpgand here is what he would look like once he joined up with the Yankee pirate crew.... The Iron Brigade.

and there you have it

Edited by Liam McMac

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!