You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Jessi, You looked so good in the kit, you should be proud to step out in such well made kit. Kate loved doing it for you and the chemise you sewed was pretty impressive too. Was a pleasure sharing your birthday with you on board....sorry about the finicky pistol it worked fine all weekend until you tired to fire it :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4657_185347615261_744070261_7115359_2350761_n.jpg

My second outfit from blackbeards this year. This is the one id really like feedback on. As for the things id like to do to change it myself...first get new checked shirt of actual linen, remake the sailors jacket(its more shottily constructed than it looks in this) and change the breeches to trousers...oh id also like weapons, but ill worry about that a little later and more period correct specticles...*sigh comments?

4657_185347410261_744070261_7115326_5803454_n.jpg

Lastly my old faithful rust-colored waistcoat, though iv gotten quite used to wearing a straw hat(good for the rain). on a side note, a friend of mine happens to be wearing a few of my items, though im not sure the angle gives much of a better look. Cheers mates!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

You looked real good Reggie especially once you got your new shoes :lol: ...weapons can come in time ( a good knife & perhaps a boarding ax would make a fine start) ...nobody is going to fault you at this point for a cotton checked shirt, the overall impression is quite good ....now you need to toughen up your attitude to be a bit more fearsome :lol::o :o

Reggie,

I liked both outfits I saw you in... Like Callenish said, the little details and add-ons come with time. I don't know how long you have been at this, but from what I saw, in my opinion you are at the leading side of the curve. Keep it up.

Michael_banner.jpg

Reggie!

I am impressed you made most of this yourself. I thought you looked very good. Like you said, period glasses would be a nice touch - or as my wife Kelli did, get contacts for these events. Oh and your sash made from curtains. :lol: Callenish is right, your shoes made a big difference.

YOu'll soon be 21 and can legally add that one last pirate accessory to your internal kit. :lol: That will help with developing a surly attitude as well.

ihtcbanner.jpg

Reggie!

I am impressed you made most of this yourself. I thought you looked very good. Like you said, period glasses would be a nice touch - or as my wife Kelli did, get contacts for these events. Oh and your sash made from curtains. :lol: Callenish is right, your shoes made a big difference.

YOu'll soon be 21 and can legally add that one last pirate accessory to your internal kit. :lol: That will help with developing a surly attitude as well.

So I'm not the only one here whos under 21?

Awesome lol. I don't feel so out of place anymore.

*cries... i dont know that i am capable of fearsome....lol Thanks all, i just wanted to make sure i was starting on the right foot. I swear the details really do add alot, the sailors kit didnt look as good before the cartouge box. Speaking of knives, Callenish do you remember the small dagger i got last year? i am wondering if its period appropriate(though i believe it might be a bit too early or fancy, but ill get a picture if i can) Thanks mr.bagley, this is actually my first go at historic interpretation, so your encouragement means quite alot( are you by some chance attending lockhouse in july?) Oh drinking...i assure you mooseworth..i dont toughen up when drunk LOL....Niko your not alone, I too am forced to sit and watch as all around me partake in the water of life.....then i wonder just how many guns they all have...and pointy swords...mabey its good not to drink....!

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

*cries... i dont know that i am capable of fearsome....lol Thanks all, i just wanted to make sure i was starting on the right foot. I swear the details really do add alot, the sailors kit didnt look as good before the cartouge box. Speaking of knives, Callenish do you remember the small dagger i got last year? i am wondering if its period appropriate(though i believe it might be a bit too early or fancy, but ill get a picture if i can) Thanks mr.bagley, this is actually my first go at historic interpretation, so your encouragement means quite alot( are you by some chance attending lockhouse in july?) Oh drinking...i assure you mooseworth..i dont toughen up when drunk LOL....Niko your not alone, I too am forced to sit and watch as all around me partake in the water of life.....then i wonder just how many guns they all have...and pointy swords...mabey its good not to drink....!

Yep, I'll be at St. Marys Citie 375th anniversary this weekend, and at the LockHouse at Havre de Grace next month. I know you mentioned you might try to get to one or the other, hope to run into you out that way!

Cheers

Michael_banner.jpg

4657_185347410261_744070261_7115326_5803454_n.jpg

Lastly my old faithful rust-colored waistcoat, though iv gotten quite used to wearing a straw hat(good for the rain). on a side note, a friend of mine happens to be wearing a few of my items, though im not sure the angle gives much of a better look. Cheers mates!

Wow, I like that waistcoat. Very stylish looking.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Reggie ...love the waistcoat and the shoes make it! As to the short coat I told you why I like it, why I like the fact that you skimped on the fabric. I think it makes it look like someone who is new to this freedom and perhaps doesn't have the money to pay a tailor of buy new coat or yardage so he took something used and adjusted it to himself. (I do love the fabric in the short coat ...so sooooooft!) I agree that another coat would be nice but, the one you have can be used for one character and the new for a character who has had his freedom for a longer time.

Yep, I'll be at St. Marys Citie 375th anniversary this weekend...

The clock is ticking... and I still have so much to do to get ready...

SMC is my Mecca. To be invited to attend an event there is one of the greatest honors I can think of.

:rolleyes:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Oh drinking...i assure you mooseworth..i dont toughen up when drunk LOL....Niko your not alone, I too am forced to sit and watch as all around me partake in the water of life.....then i wonder just how many guns they all have...and pointy swords...mabey its good not to drink....!

I think I'm going to have to be wary of these fellows at PiP....lol

Edited by Niko

From the past weekend at John Levique Days. New shirt from Blackbeard Festival....

4592_90813838700_526093700_1853554_1814319_n.jpg

Good sir, i see that you too have discovered the glory of a fine straw hat! I swear this picture doesnt do that shirt justice, good show as always Mr.Mooseworth! oh silkie i <3 you lol thanks for the help! I still need to grasp that i can portray different people(of different classes). But im gonna keep the coat for sure!

Great photo. That pistol looks like a mare's leg (sawed off Winchester rifle) without the lever action. The two of you look great together. Just like two locals watching some event pass through town.

Yeah, those early English Horse Pistols are freaking huge! And now I have two of them... :D

Thanks for the compliment on the gear though, we were standing in a row of probably over 50 armed men for that shot... Probably the largest firing line I have ever stood in!

Michael_banner.jpg

BlackJohn and I t St. Mary's City this past weekend... I think it is one of the few photos of me with my doglock, I seem to wind up using my pistol more often for some reason.

You met Blackjohn before I did?! The world just isn't fair...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

BlackJohn and I t St. Mary's City this past weekend... I think it is one of the few photos of me with my doglock, I seem to wind up using my pistol more often for some reason.

You met Blackjohn before I did?! The world just isn't fair...

Yeah but you forget, I am like the "Where's Waldo" of the pirate re-enactment world... I'm there in a picture at every event, you just need to look hard enough to see me.... It's a lot of hard work, but someone has to do it. :D

Michael_banner.jpg

Yeah, I'm just not dedicated enough to the cause...I still haven't managed to meet the three people I decided I most wanted to meet after a years or so of being on the board. (Back in 2005)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

Yeah, I'm just not dedicated enough to the cause...I still haven't managed to meet the three people I decided I most wanted to meet after a years or so of being on the board. (Back in 2005)

yeah, but that is cool... No one is ever excited to see me.... (Wait, I wonder if that is supposed to be a hint? :D )

It just means we're all that much more excited to see you the few times a year you can make it out! ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

Great photo. That pistol looks like a mare's leg (sawed off Winchester rifle) without the lever action. The two of you look great together. Just like two locals watching some event pass through town.

Thanks. It was great to finally meet Michael, and his lovely wife. I've stood next to plenty of guys in the line, some of them you have a bond with, some you don't. Standing there with Michael, I felt like I had stood in line next to him countless times before, like I was standing next to a fellow grognard. That's a cool feeling.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.