Pirates in Texas?

• 4 months later...

Join the Brotherhood of the Gulf! We're headquartered at Middlefaire, our home faire, but we are ALL over Texas! We have members in the DFW area, Austin, Wichita Falls, and Beaumont! Come see us at Middlefaire (www.middlefest.com), Pirate Days in The Colony (www.piratedays.org) or at TRF during their Pirate Adventure weekend! For more info, PM me!

Fair winds to ye,

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 4 months later...

I've just been informed that Middlefaire will be holidng a Pirate Festival on the weekend of May 1 of this upcoming year. Being the assistant cast director out there, I'm planning to come up with a "fight the pirate" type of thing using boffer weaponry (like is used at Live Action Role Playing games). We tried a Live Action Role Playing game tournament thing during our Renaissance Faire last year and I found that to be relatively difficult to get going (due to multiple reasons), and most of the days it turned into a free-for-all. I will be posting to the Raids section more about this event as I get the finalized information on the festival. There is also a flier about the pirate weekend at the faire's website, www.middlefaire.net.

Morick Towain

Captain of the Inferno

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

And The Brotherhood of the Gulf will be heartily represented at this event! We'll be tell ing tales of the sea (readings from Raising Black Flags and Echoes From Other Worlds) all over the Faire and Blackbead's Treasure Chest will be open for business! Come see us!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy Texas pirates I just joined and thought I would pass along some info relevant to this thread. The town of Surfside Beach Tx held their first pirate fest this past September. I didn't find out about it until it was over so I can't give any opinion on how well it went. However the fact that it took place right on the beach is very appealling and a festival I plan to attend next year. Here is the link so ye can scope it out yeselves.

www.surfsidepiratefest.webs.com

Bloodyblade

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

New year new occasions to meet and go do some noise somewhere , for what I have seen the TX ppl want to meet but nobody takes the first step so here it goes.

What is the first faire/gathering coming up? is it Pirate Week in NOLA? who's going to be there ? me and the Capt are in the weekend so if you are planning send me a message and we can go from there. :D

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ahoy! Ye pyrates from the other side o' the Red River! Iffin' any o' you "fine" an' "noble" Lone Star types ever get lost, an' head to the right side o' the Red River come May for the OKRF, feel free ta drop me a line!

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

• 1 year later...

New year new occasions to meet and go do some noise somewhere , for what I have seen the TX ppl want to meet but nobody takes the first step so here it goes.

What is the first faire/gathering coming up? is it Pirate Week in NOLA? who's going to be there ? me and the Capt are in the weekend so if you are planning send me a message and we can go from there. :D

Ahoy, and Well Met, Fair Lass. My lady and I are from Orange, Tx, and I too lament the lack of Pyratical happenings around this area. There is always Contraband Days in Lake Charles, La. in late April / early May, and the Swashbucklers Soiree in Galveston, coming up on July 21 and 22, 2012.

• 5 months later...

A quick note as there is now a crew in the central Texas area with members ranging all over the great state of Texas. The Brotherhood of the Crossed Bones is a new crew and we actually did an event for Make A Wish last May with a few other appearances around. We have been invited to march in the Texas Independence Day Parade that occurs March of this year downtown Austin on South Congress. We are hoping for a huge pirate turnout as Pirates did play a big part in Texas history. If you would like to join the march with us please contact me and I will shoot you the details, if you would like to join the crew we are on Facebook as The Brotherhood Of the Crossed Bones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png