Movie Pirates

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he is not a pirate., And he has an "English Accent" without pretending...,but his Nautical accomplishments are truly staggering even to today. He could navigate !!!!

Captain Bligh., Anthony Hopkins., The Bounty

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Wow, this is just too easy: Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Carbbean.  Go Geoffrey Rush! :huh:

I happin to agree with ye that Barbosa is the best "modern" pirate, though he still can nier stand up the likes of Long John

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Captain Bligh., Anthony Hopkins., The Bounty

I'll see your Captain Bligh and raise you:

Robert Newton in "Blackbeard the Pirate".

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Captain Jack - Bugs Bunny combined with Pepe LePew and Calico Jack? They couldn't have created a better amalgam of movie silliness for a pirate captain character if they'd asked me to design one. (Many of my favorite movies borrow from the old WB cartoons.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Walter Mathau as Captain Redd in Polanski's "PIRATES"

>>>> Cascabel

Aye Cascabel,

Walter did a grande job there....

I also likes Robert Shaw as Cap'n Red Ned Lynch....

C'mon now.... ye all knows th' movie...

An' yes, o'course I canna say I don't loves both Sparrow n' Barbossa...

Bloody 'ell! Most o' th' ones mentioned hold a place in me heart...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Captain Jack Sparrow, of course ... however ...

My second-favorite would most likely be Tim Curry as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. It's a hilarious Muppet-ish movie, but Tim Curry and the boy who played Jim Hawkins really gave the movie its heart. And I adore Tim anyway; his over-the-top acting is wonderful no matter what he's in.

My favorite historical pirate is always going to be Anne Bonny, who I had a fascination with long before I decided that pirates were cool in general anyway. :)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

While I was entertained by Jack Sparrow and the other pirates from PotC, I can not forgive them...

My favorite movie pirate is Morgan from Cutthroat Island followed closely by the Dread Pirate Roberts.

Favorite future pirates are Robert Urich from Ice Pirates and... of course, Han Solo.

Favorite fictional pirate would have to be Captain Jeremiah Berek from AEG's 7th Sea rpg.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Hmm, while Jack Sparrow (From PotC), Morgan (from CutThroat Island) and Long John Silver (From Treasure Island) are ALL good choices, I'd have to say that Cotton (and his Parrot, from PotC) were the most entertaining.

And though he can't be classified as a 'pirate', Kurt Russell as 'Captain Ron' is most likely my favorite Captain! :)

Tor†uga Wënch™

Well its gotta be a toss up-- either Burt Lancaster in the Crimson Pirate --or Peter Ustinov as Blackbeard's Ghost. B)

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Hrothgar Addams! You're a fellow GQ fan, aren't you?! B) Rock on!!! Gawd, do I love that movie ...

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Darned tootin!

Capn' Taggart is the man! :lol:

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Darned tootin!

Personally, I've never been able to choose between Alexander ("How did I come to this? I used to be an actor once, dammit, now look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!"), Fred ("Am I the only one who saw that thing, with the EYE going all over and --"), and Guy ("DO I?! _DO_ I?! For all you know, I'm just Crewman Number Six, and I'm gonna die!! Mommy, mommy!!!").

Impossible to choose a favorite. Guy, however, still wins for best line:

"Hey! Don't open that!! It's an alien planet!!! Is there AIR?!? YOU don't know!!!!!"

(Apologies for going wildly off-topic. I adore this movie. ;) )

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

my cabin boys are totally enthralled with potc and i love all of the characters in that. i love peter pan with hook - the best hook was in the disney movie of the stage show even if it looked like the stage show. and will always a hearty laugh for yellowbeard!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Dawg Brown in Cutthroat and Roc Brasiliano (Anthony Quinn) in Against All Flags. Also Yul Brynner, The Buccaneer.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Darned tootin!

Impossible to choose a favorite. Guy, however, still wins for best line:

"Hey! Don't open that!! It's an alien planet!!! Is there AIR?!? YOU don't know!!!!!"

Ah, but don't forget the subtle but well delivered line ...

"That was a hell of a thing"

Gotta say either Dog Brown from Cutthroat Island, or Captain Ron, as un-piratey as he may be, he cracks me up...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."