Movie Pirates

While Cap'n Jack, and Cap'n Barbossa are good, as is old Long John. I have to say Morgan Adams and Dawg Brown. Cutthroat Island is still one of my favorite pirate movies, probably because I have always found Gina Davis to be extremely attractive, and I liked Frank Langella as Dawg Brown, in fact the ship I am on has clothing and props from the Cutthroat Island movie, including one of Dawg's swivle guns and one of the banners from his ship.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned Hook...

Now Dustin Hofman did a a funny, but great job as Cap'n Hook....

But, Jason Isaacs did a grande job in th' latest Peter Pan...

I'll add 'im ta me list....

And tha' Parrot was hysterical!!! (he has an eyepatch and a peg leg)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Some of my favorites:

Tim Curry from Muppet Treasure Island

Jason Isaacs as Captain Hook

Robert Newton's Long John Silver

Capts. Sparrow and Barbossa

Taggart from GQ

Han Solo (why not?)

Also from PotC...

Pintel and Ragetti

Though it's not specifically stated that she's a pirate, I also liked Zoe Saldana's Anamaria

Steadfast, with purpose that none can restrain,

He braves all, and is true to his Quest.

And he uses the weapons a clever man can:

A pistol, a sword, and a jest.

For tho' all who see, brand him merely a fool

And he travels alone, without friend,

He suffers their scorn and disdain and contempt

And despite all, wins through in the end.

-- "The Pirate, Jack Sparrow"

N. J. Sorenson

Gotta say either Dog Brown from Cutthroat Island, or Captain Ron, as un-piratey as he may be, he cracks me up...

Capton Ron, Now there is a character I'll have to add to my list. That was the first movie I bought to start my my Pirate collection, I Pirate he might not be , but alas, he does seem to the heart of one! :D

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Of course Captain Jack Sparrow, but also Gina Davis' character in Cutthroat Island. She was a hotty!! :D

the best part of that movie to me was the opening scene , the line about the shot forgive me ifin I do'nt quote it exactly

"well, you see, I knew that you knew so I took your balls!"

tuchet, Morgan Addams!!

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Ah, but don't forget the subtle but well delivered line ...

"That was a hell of a thing"

My favorite subtle line was, "Woooww -- the floors are sooo clean!!"

(I shall shut up about GQ now, I swear.)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

One more ...

Waaaaay before I was a fan of pirates (was there such a time?! :huh: ), I was a MAJOR fan of Dustin Hoffman as the infamous Captain Hook. I love Dustin anyway ("The Graduate" is one of my all-time favs), and his portrayal of Hook was just hilarious; he and Bob Hoskins (Smee) were obviously just having _such_ a good time ...

"I just had an apostrophe."

"I think you mean an epiphany."

"Lightning has just struck my brain."

"Well, that must hurt."

... methinks I'll have to be rentin' this movie sometime soon ... it's been awhile!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Well here's some shocking news, i'm sure you didn't see this coming...Barbossa! set376a.jpg

Well ok, i have two i like very much too (Oh and Jack ofcourse..he's cute and funny but..) Dawg brown and Mr. Scully.

They're so cool and make great villains, esp. Dawg..what is it that us women fall for dangerous men? :huh: (Or am i alone on this..) but it's like Barbossa first place (On a big pedestal.. :huh: ) and the rest follows from about third of fourth place... :huh:

hero.jpg

All well said ! :huh:

I kinda like the pirate on the old Disney Tale Spins...Jean Lafiate (?)

(Me memory lapses at this moment)

I THINK you're talking about Don Karnage ... voiced by the ever-delightful Jim Cummings. I always loved Karney --- he's one of those hilarious cartoon villians that are just SO much fun to watch. :huh:

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Now this'll be waaay off topic, but----

Redd Oktober--ye ol scudder--where ye been?

Its good ta have ye back in port! :lol:

Okay--back ta movie Pirates. . . . .

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Welcome Back Redd ye have been missed..And ye as well Hrothgar. Still plugging away at me book..Can't seem to get it where I want it.

Has anyone seen George's Island about Captain Kidd's Treasure and a boy and his handicapped grandfather? Just bought it for a dollar at Wally world and it was good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Aye, thank ye all fer the kind words. I'll be happy ter fill ye in on the "where's" and "what's" of me gone-itude in another forum.

T'ain't pretty...but I still be alive!

Yarr!

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Alive is good enuf sometimes--

Any day I wake up and find myself on the right side of the lawn (above)

is a good day. :lol:

And there is plenty of time ta be mellow when yer dead. :lol:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

• 2 weeks later...

ok i gotta say my favorite pirate is sin bad if only for the name but i do like the cheezy acting and bad special effects of the originals and the now animated movie is just plain prettyfull

....,^.-.^,

....|.o_o.|., ---Meow?

.....'-.`.-'.\\

.....|......|.//

....|.|.|.|.|/

...(_(.I.)_)

bubbles2-sm-01.jpgsf2pencl.gif

Yay Bubbles and Rainbow Colored Pointy Objects!!! ^-^

("How did I come to this? I used to be an actor once, dammit, now look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!"),

Hey, no dissing actors. Wm Bowles worked as an actor for a time before he tried to seize the entire southern half of the US...... :o