Pirates on the Prowl....

Been meaning to send greetings to the Royaliste from Desert Pyrate afloat on the Lady Washington. Eric looked like they were treating 'em well in when I visited with 'em in port in St. Helens, Oregon.

He hadn't started mouldering-- yet. A few months shippin' in the Northwest will surely grow the green between the toes.

During our visit Erin and I bestowed cinnamon muffins upon the crew dressed in our finest lady pirate wear.

Oh, and I might have let it slip to his mates that he was a pirate-- hope he's not in trouble-- Sails incognito with Captain Evil aboard, he does.

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

On a similar tack, the folks organizing the events at Oxnard during Tallships week want any and all pirate, Rev War, Civil War, etc. groups to please participate, they'll haul pirates all around the events and such. Seems to be the'sleeper' event of the year on the coast..from what I can deduce.....Michelle Gilmour is the contact person..........

Royaliste,

What dates are you going to be in Oxnard again? Are you also doing San Pedro and San Diego? I will definitely have to visit with you in September, if'n the encampment director lets me slip away. ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ahoy!...Sorry for late answerin', but we've been hauled out for emergency repairs to the rudder and prop...all done, fine as ever!

..Royaliste will be in Oxnard battling the Lynx on August 5-8, then in L.A. doin' the same, and down to San Diego...Also at the Tallships Festival in Dana Point in Sept.....Fresh paint, new sails, lotsa gunpowder!!!.....

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:huh: ..........Ahoy, Matey's!!!....Anyone in the So. Cal area with a spot we could stash our chase truck for the Royaliste, carryin' spare stuff and a way for provisioning the ship as we travel, give me a shout by email, as we need a few pirates jumpin' in as she sails south.....Fair Winds...

:ph34r:

ROYALISTE Headin' into the Sea Lanes.....Soon Enuff ;)

Unfortunately I'm too far inland and away from your port. :ph34r:

That's all right by me; we'll still be lookin' out for a few of you familiar scallyuwags during the festivities.....Regardless of how each festival is booking the Battle Sails, feel free to stop on by (costumed 'o course, it's the Royaliste, eh?)

<_<

Looking forward to your visit. Anyone we know of that post here at the Pub be crewin' with ye?

Alas! I missed this 'n a while back...Privateer from this forum is crewing, Possibly Localolita and Miscreant Robert....My first mate Raul will be in form just as in Ojai....(packin' plenty 'o powder, and a smile!)..Desert Pyrate is in for the adventure, and Conneticut Ben is makin' plans......Also Andelew, potentially a new topman in the making..Anyone interested in crewing, sent up a flare, eh?.........

<_<

ROYALISTE Locked, Cocked, and already Rockin' in the Sealanes..........'Sail San Francisco, July 28-31' Battle Sails Twice daily with the Privateer Lynx

• 4 weeks later...

Aye, Royaliste

It was good to put a voice with an image last night. ;) I be all set to crew for you in Dana Point, in costume no less. I wish I could assist more, but alas this was the most I could negotiate. See you in September, if not at Corona.

Fair Winds and Calm Seas,

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye mate twas nice ta meet yaz on Saturday it were. It would be a tough road to hoe but mayhaps this move south could be done sir, can you p/m me I'll give you my phone and you can call me? If you can get your truck to south O. C. I can Get it to San Diego Saturday Morning fer certs...

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Aye mate twas nice ta meet yaz on Saturday it were. It would be a tough road to hoe but mayhaps this move south could be done sir, can you p/m me I'll give you my phone and you can call me? If you can get your truck to south O. C. I can Get it to San Diego Saturday Morning fer certs...

Oh I'm suppose to tell you Ace of Harbor Bay misses you all and wishes they could have made the trip with ya all! and be safe......

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:huh: Ahoy and avast!!.........It's been most excellent meetin' up with many 'o the scallywags from the Pub on RR downstream run, hopin' to see more 'o ye at Dana Point!!...So far, the Royaliste has been in fine form, doin' justice to her reputation as a fast gunboat....We've been averaging six cannon blasts per guest, so next time, you'll know wot ship to sail on durin' a Battle Sail!! :) ..Also, as far as the ASTA Tallships Challange, she's been first in each leg in the unofficial division...Impressed the judges enought hat they awarded her 'overall third' in San Diego when the Challenge ended....Dana Point next, then.....Tallships 2006 on the Great Lakes mateys................

:huh: Ahoy and avast..Also, as far as the ASTA Tallships Challange, she's been first in each leg in the unofficial division...Impressed the judges enought hat they awarded her 'overall third' in San Diego when the Challenge ended....Dana Point next, then.....Tallships 2006 on the Great Lakes mateys................

:rolleyes:

Soos, yer racing now, are's ya? Not turning yachty on us, are ya? :lol: Ya never know, I might be slippin the Arizona Yacht Club burgee up yer mast whilst I'm helping crew. ;):huh: Nay, just a wishful thought, but funny. But I do need a picture of myself crewing as the men in the club will be shocked. Perhaps you saw a few of the bucaneers while in San Diego. I heard that about 8 Bucaneer 18's from Arizona where racing down there the weekend the Tallships were there. They call themselves the Pirates.

~Black Hearted Pearl

This all sounds like you all have tons of fun in the summer.

I love reading about it :)

Good luck in the races guys :rolleyes:

I was wondering, is there anything ever going on in the area of Tennessee?

My friend is from there and as soon as hubby get's a job they are moving there and this means i will most certainly go overthere,

Given the job they may move elsewhere but probably Tennessee as there is where her family and friends are :)

hero.jpg

We were talking of doing a leg up the Mississippi, but they are talking of sheathing the Bounty in steel to do it, and I have waay too much love for me wooden ketch to do that to her...On another tack tho', I just confirmed a call during a surgery today placing the Tallship Royaliste in the 2006 Tallships Challenge in the Great Lakes, so....head to Chicago, eh? :D ...P.S. Pearl, 'o course we ain't no 'race boat', just says it all for the crew's ability and our sailmakers skill!....for sure, the photo op is good, mebbee a trip to the top of the first yardarm be in store!

:D

ROYALISTE Raidin' the Southland, and Doin' a Fine Job of it, eh?

for sure, the photo op is good, mebbee a trip to the top of the first yardarm be in store!

:blink:

Uh Oh! Better make sure my health insurance premium is all paid up if I'm to go to the top of the yardarm. I'm there for ye, Captain. :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

for sure, the photo op is good, mebbee a trip to the top of the first yardarm be in store!

Uh Oh! Better make sure my health insurance premium is all paid up if I'm to go to the top of the yardarm. I'm there for ye, Captain. :D

Bloody 'eck, you'll do fine, but...as far as yardarm falls, aim for the blue, not the brown! :D

We'd love ta have ya up to these parts, Cap'n Gary... it would be cool to see the Royaliste, since I wasn't able to see you all when I was in Cali last year...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Aye, it'll be quite a challenge in itself tryni' to fund this adventure!..On a closer tack, Dana Point is lookin' like one fine pirate affair, and after that, the Tallship Royaliste is rumoured to be headin' for the Channel Islands Harbor to begin interpreting living history through piracy just in time for the Seafood Fest and the Gold Coast Faire at Ojai...

<_<

ROYALISTE Takin' No Prisoner's, Mates!