Finding Your Pirate Name

Rumba Rue

I located this post over in Beyond Piracy, posted by Capt. Morgan (April 20, 005) and thought that it would be of help to the new people here.

It's a short quiz kind of thing.

Try it out, for those who are having a hard time trying to think of a name for themselves.

My Pirate Name

or if you aren't happy with that one, try this one:

Pirate Name Generator

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it says i be mad morgan kidd. now i've been called mad before but only in the most lovingly way. and by pyrate phil to boot, but being my character is a mad apothecary, that makes sense!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Mine?

"Captain Jack Roberts

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!"

How ye doin?

'aven't found a truer quiz yet . . .

:blink:;);):lol:;)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was "Mad Ethel Bonney." The "mad" is accurate enough and I'm flattered by the "Bonney" (though I guess I be thinking of "Bonny") ... but I'm none to sure 'bout the "Ethel" ...

A most amusing quiz; however, I think I'll be stickin' with Cap'n Charlotte Savvy ...

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

*chuckle* I got Calico Mary Bonney, and Captain Mary Bonney the two times I tried. I am a little jealous of the Ethel. I'll keep my faire name Esmerelda Mappe. (due to my lousy sense of direction, I mean it is so bad I could get lost in a paper sack with big arrows that say "hey stupid go this way!!" )

• 3 weeks later...

Red Harry Flint? Maybe it was red hairy flint. Whatever, I didn't like it.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Mine was "Mad Ethel Bonney." The "mad" is accurate enough and I'm flattered by the "Bonney" (though I guess I be thinking of "Bonny") ... but I'm none to sure 'bout the "Ethel" ...

A most amusing quiz; however, I think I'll be stickin' with Cap'n Charlotte Savvy ...

I know that Ethyl be combustible... :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

My pirate name is:

Black Jenny Flint

one confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Just call me Sparky..LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I got "Iron Sam Flint"

"A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr! "

I'll be stickin' wi' me real name: Lord James Warren, Sir Osis of Liver, Order of the Sleepless Knights.

Or ye c'n call me Captain Jim or just Jim, as I be temporarily wi'out a ship.

Just call me when th' rhum be flowin'

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 2 weeks later...

Dirty Bess Rackham

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Haha thats sooo not me... *cough* WHAT? I DONT SMELL.... too bad

• 3 weeks later...

Well....according to this I'm Red Jenny Rackham.

Passion is a big part of your life, which makes sense for a pirate. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate.    Arr!

Passion, aye, I've lots of that. I've also got lots of deep, dark, red hair. Not carroty, a rich dark red..naturally so. The color I look best in is a dark auburn red color as well. So..

I'd have to say it fits. :rolleyes:

Uh...Red Jenny? hehehehehe

Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion.

I know one changes overtime so i did it again and felt different about some thing but noop i'm still

Mad Morgan Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

:lol::huh::huh:

hero.jpg

I picked me own name after me favourite Bay on the west coast; then along comes some idiot with a great tastin cheese and there goes a perfectly good name over th' side. :lol:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Black Jack Vane :lol:

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!