Help In Georgia

Silent

I live in Washington as of right now but soon will be moving to Rentz GA to be with my loved one. I noticed how close to the ocean and FL I'll be, do any of you kind mates know if there will be anything close by so I can kick my feet up and feel at home with some pyrate swag.

• 2 months later...

That would be quite fun for sure, only I can never seem to get off when all these fares are going on. Weekends are usually spent at work so that would be counting me out on most cases. :P There are a few in the Region I have discovered qutie by accident. Brothers of the Coast is out of Jaxsonville, and Pirates of Pensacola is another one around. Nothing close by us though....Biggest body of water? Lake Seminole what's your take Genleman Jeff?

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

I am about two hours away at best, Possibly Three. I reside in Thomasville so the closest thing to me in your Area would be the Flint, in Albany, but my tiny craft be better in in the slews and calmer waters, bein its a Chenoe, I have to be carefull not to get in too rough a water . I have taken out to the coast , during REALLY calm days but it isn't exactly a wise choice, If you get my Meanin

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

It's the gettin off on the weekends tahat be hard fer me. That is when most of these things take place. I work at Office depot In Thomasville. Not really a Computer wiz or anything like that , Just Glad to have a Job If ya know what I mean. If your down this way come by to see If I am there. :huh:

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

shipwreck , ah oh i know of thomasville well , i hunt in cairo and drive through thomasville or come back to eat there . i'm a crew member of the pyrates of the coast out of orlando or the central part of florida we go to tampa or st augustine last week and going back in a month or two, don't know if thats too far or not ? keep watching the board for new events.

Depending on the work schedule my friend. I hated I missed out on the St Augustine thing, It sounded fun. I did get to see the the HMS bounty while it was ported in Jville though. A Friday I beleive it was. There was a local group there and I alked to them a few Minutes.. Brotherhood of the Coast I believe They said they were. Did you know any of that crew?

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

Aye, I be from the southwestern portion o' Georgia, near Columbus. Anyone nearby interested in starting a pirate crew of an authentic nature? :huh:

Yarr, Ahoy thar Gentleman Jeff. I be right close to you in Birmingham, Alabama. I had tried to join up with the Dead Pirate crew I seen listed in "No Quarter " that was based in your part o' Georgia but got no response. I would love to get a Southeastern crew a-goin. How to organize?

Any ideas? Lemmee know!

Silverhearted Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Aye, I be from the southwestern portion o' Georgia, near Columbus. Anyone nearby interested in starting a pirate crew of an authentic nature? :huh:

Yarr, Ahoy thar Gentleman Jeff. I be right close to you in Birmingham, Alabama. I had tried to join up with the Dead Pirate crew I seen listed in "No Quarter " that was based in your part o' Georgia but got no response. I would love to get a Southeastern crew a-goin. How to organize?

Any ideas? Lemmee know!

Silverhearted Maggie

Ahoy there, Maggie lass! Aye, to be sure, I am indeed looking to build a crew in this area. I too had looked into joining the Dead Pirates, but it seems they're more into Sci-Fi conventions and such, not exactly my cup o' tea, if'n ya know what I mean. Instead, I would like to build a crew of a historically authentic nature, or at least fairly close to historically accurate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My crew strives for authenticity, though we're still out to have fun. We're based out of Fernandina Beach, Florida, though we welcome anyone who's willing to travel and join us for events. We do events all up and down the coast between Charleston and St. Augustine, and we try and do a longer trip at least once a year (like this year, we went to Williamsburg). Just shoot me an email or something if you're interested in learning more.

Cheers,

Adam C.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy there Cripps! I've been prowling the same waters as you. I spend nearly every weekend working in Charleston, and the Ritz Carlton on Amelia is no stranger to me. Our crew pillaged St. Augustine 2 weeks ago while I was stuck in Charleston. How was the Fest this year in Fernadina? Wish my crew could have made it.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Our crewe had a fine time with the Fernandina gang - they are first class and we are looking forward to returning again to their fine festival... They're a lot of fun!!!

We need to meet up in St. Augustine. We too the Pyrates of the Coast there last weekend again. Think it's becoming a second home for the crewe.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Mr. Studley,

Even though we are right here in Fernandina, we did not participate in the Shrimp Festival event this year. We were busy sailing other waters elsewhere for a group that wanted us to do a display for them. More than likely we'll have SOME presence at this coming festival, but I'm not sure who all will be participating. I'm currently working on our upcoming events schedule, and when I get it done, you'll be welcome to fall in with us anytime. Feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like me to keep you updated on our ventures.

Cheers,

Adam C., Ordinary Seaman

Our crewe had a fine time with the Fernandina gang - they are first class and we are looking forward to returning again to their fine festival... They're a lot of fun!!!

We need to meet up in St. Augustine. We too the Pyrates of the Coast there last weekend again. Think it's becoming a second home for the crewe.

-- Hurricane

Hurricane

Next time you are in St. Augustine you might want to stop by Hurricane Patty's. It is a pirate restaurant just off US 1, on the San Sebastian River. It is at the marina behind Fran and Tam's restaurant. They have life size pirates climbing ship's shrouds....lots of pirate stuff. I went to a party there in my garb and was a great hit with the staff and customers alike....had lots of fun.

KP