Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, Welcome!!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

The ship's master has offered me the position of Master-at-arms. This is a lower warrant officer rank generally reserved for an able seaman with experience as a marine. However, since his invitation is most gracious and he flatters me with the confidence of the request, I shall except the offer.

Now, to the maintenance and storage of the arms.

Sir William it is with the pleasure of all involve I humbly accept your attendance forth coming. We will muster together and go over many details of the like which should be none the less important to all for keeping the integrity and authenticity most promisorily addressed.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The ship's master has extended the invitation for me to sail with you fine folk as lookout/seaman aboard the watch dog. I have excepted the charge and look forward to setting sail with you.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

The ship's master has extended the invitation for me to sail with you fine folk as lookout/seaman aboard the watch dog. I have excepted the charge and look forward to setting sail with you.

Aye Captain Swan you are by a decree of mutual acceptance by this and all crews to be and ever will be most wondrously welcomed aboard as Lookout and for being the first to accept do you have a partivular watch you'd rather be in the basket?

So as to knot be confusing anymore than the normal confusion among the ships crews and such I would like to address you as will all the crew in the "Watch Dog" I feel the need to drop Captain and if it would be ok as well I would like it that Swan shall be your called name aboard ship.

Welcome aboard matey!

Stow yer gear introduce yerself to the crew (so far) and prepare yer brings 'em near.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Naturally I expected the title of Captain to be dropped, Swan suits me fine for my call name. I prefer the night's watch in the basket if it suits you and the rest of the crew. Thank you Sir for the acceptence and welcome.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Naturally I expected the title of Captain to be dropped, Swan suits me fine for my call name. I prefer the night's watch in the basket if it suits you and the rest of the crew. Thank you Sir for the acceptence and welcome.

Swan, grammercy fer yer ease and confidence lass. Can ye shoot a long bow? Night's watch it will be then, ye be in the basket on the 20 bells to the 24 bells and a goodly time it be too. Grammercy

Aye, I can shoot a long bow, use a staff, my throwing daggers are deadly acurate, short sword, long sword and I am particularly well acomplished in the florentine style of fighting, and knives and dagger fighting comes to me with ease as well. Any other means of fighting I can learn quickly and proficiently as you see fit to have me learn

"The Watch Dog"  A race built Galleon! A Ghost Ship of propers pyratical fantasy sailing through the seas of yer mind and touching the very core of your existance. P/M me ifin yer a worthy adversary or well studied team player

It's ready fer a crew. The muster is fillin up so please, do take the time to ask yerself do ya have time to be free, to (in period banter) be a part of a working story, a book or a script mayhaps? Would the ship benifit from the seriousness that will be needed with you taking part in such an endeavor as this?

Capitan  Capnwilliam

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

First officer

Quartermaster  Dorian Lasseter

Bosun

Master gunner Pirate Petee

Master-at-arms Sir William Red Wake

Warrior

Ship surgeon

Spiritual advisor and palm reader Kendra

Cook

Moral Officer Rummy

Navigator and Cartographer

Lookout(s)

1 Swan  

Gunners crew

Ships carpenter

Ships blacksmith

Able seamen

Volunteers asked to P/M Diego

We are looking for a crew of standup and standout reinactment players willing to work together for a chapter in history. A ghost ship from somewhere in time going somewhere in the sea of free mens minds.

** A wherry boat approaches the chains of the "Watch Dog", as she bumps the side a gent stands up in the stern sheets and confidently spans the gap, easily climbs the side onto deck**

Permission ta come aboard?

I've been granted the title o' Ships Quartermaster, and as duty comands, I's reportin' fer me duty...

::knuckles forehead::

Who 'as this watch? Where be th' leftennant?

You there, sway up me sea chest! 'ave it stowed in me quarters!

-------------------------------------

Thankee Kindly Diego...

I accept the position of Ships Quartermaster...

During the GAOP, most brit and Anglo-American pirates delegated unusual amounts of authority to the Quartermaster who became almost the captain's equal. The capt. retained unlimited authority during battle, but otherwisehe was subject to the QM in many routine matters. The QM was elected by the crew to represent their interests and he recieved an extra share of the booty when it was divided. Above all, he protected the Seaman against each other by maintaining order, settling quarrels,and distributing food and other essentials.

Serious crimes were tried by a jury of the crew, but the QM could punish minor offences. Only he could flog a seaman after a vote from the crew. The QM usually kept the records ans acct. books for theship. he also took part in all battles and often led the attacks by the boarding parties. If the pirates were successful, he decided what plunder to take. If the pirates decided to keep a captured ship, the QM often took over as the capt. of that ship.

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Interestingly enough, in the abscence of a purser or quartermaster, the captain was often responsible for these duties.

Captain William Bligh was the Bounty's purser, due to the lack of any other officers on board. He was responsible for selling additional goods and services during the voyage. He did so without any profit to himself. Bligh didn't want to cause any warm feelings or irritation by exacting high profits for the sale of certain extra items. He stated that his commision was enough.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Dorian Lasseter! Welcome aboard me ole son may you days be easy and your life be long throw mw tour bag sailor and lets get you sttled in. You know Sir William? Here let me give you a hand. One up. This (as I stands and holds me arms wide) this be the Watch Dog welcome aboard.

You'll have plenty of time to sell yer boat after you get settled in and aquaint yerself with the ship and the crew (we still be in recruitin)

"The Watch Dog"  A race built Galleon! A Ghost Ship of propers pyratical fantasy sailing through the seas of yer mind and touching the very core of your existance. P/M me ifin yer a worthy adversary or well studied team player

It's ready fer a crew. The muster is fillin up so please, do take the time to ask yerself do ya have time to be free, to (in period banter) be a part of a working story, a book or a script mayhaps? Would the ship benifit from the seriousness that will be needed with you taking part in such an endeavor as this?

Capitan  Capnwilliam

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

First officer

Quartermaster Dorian Lasseter

Bosun

Master gunner Pirate Petee

Master-at-arms Sir William Red Wake

Warrior

Ship surgeon

Spiritual advisor and palm reader Kendra

Cook

Moral Officer Rummy

Navigator and Cartographer

Lookout(s)

1 Swan  

Gunners crew

Ships carpenter

Ships blacksmith

Able seamen

Volunteers asked to P/M Diego

We are looking for a crew of standup and standout reinactment players willing to work together for a chapter in history. A ghost ship from somewhere in time going somewhere in the sea of free mens minds.

Tis a fine day!

Here is the skivvy.

I will be putting an agenda together as the ship musters. I feel that (if it is possible) we will begin our own thread and the moderator of the area allowed here in the Pub too will be aboard and can pull out (any posts by non shipmates). That being the format (my idea of what would be an unscripted play with a crew being the actors) the pretense of which should be the "great era" of the Caribbean pyracy's A most glourious time from 1717 -1748. The accuracy being that of weapons and banter, terms and expressions common to the time. Authenticity being a simple mandate. Know this! it will be nothing more than fun and allow everyone creative thinking and writing without grammer messin it up. You see as too were the great ships staffed this ship will have many differing people none of which have planned simiolarities hopefully we are all opposites and then too realize that as a whole, a crew, a coming together as one with (just as all pyrate crews did) the goal of freedom, the sea, open air, and a very wealthy early retirement.

That all being said, I too will be gone and on vacation from July the 7th through the 20th so I will have little to do with much ado about anything during my travels here in the state. We (hopefully) will all be on somewhat of the same page by then and ready to embark upon the seas of dreams and passion upon my return. This is a classic case of hurry up and wait. Sorry if this causes any inconveniences and too should allow much dedication to study time for those feeling the need to brush up (as I do) as well. God bless you all, my shipmates and onward with the wind at yer back mates. In your service, I remain, Diego Santana de la Vega