Pyrates of the West Coast

Well, now tat be a problem...I tried yer link 'nd got told tain't ther anymore.  ;) but, I twill be look'n later in ta week to confirm tis still go'n on.  :blink:

i just went to the same and went to city then to events then to june then to the eleventh and got this one to pop up!

http://www.co.kern.ca.us/apps/eventcal/evt...asp?evtkey=4662

Wierd I click on the first link i did and nada and this one is the same addy and it goes through to it.....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<writing notes to self: "move to the West Coast">>

;)

Well mateys and bunnies, (be ya plunder ergh knots) Bakersfield has a mighty reputation 'ere on the coast, one that sure seems ta fit. (ITS HOT THERE) Damn! Hot! three twelve packs a beck's twenty four bottles of water and a gallon of ice tea later. The after effects of sun stroke having been mellowed out as if I were feeling scurvy ergh somethin! All's well! It were a goodly small (remember this was the innaugural event there) get together of many known and unknow pirates from shires throughout the southwest. Gate work be me gig and I does it well fer the producers made certain invite fer me return and ad their other faire in November as well to me list of duties and tasks fer the upcomings season. We talked about putting on the faire as the first faire of the season the week afore Palm Springs and the complete and total need fer lots more shade. Fer the sun it was brutal. Took solice going to the mall in the early afternoon and walkin about in garb passing out flyers to the locals fer sundays conquest of gate doubling success. (actually marketing 101 and the mall was air conditioned) fun was had by all ceptin fer a friends guild truck blew a head gasket in the wrong place and that were a dread problem of commute fer repair. THe nobles were accurately portrayed and the guild yards did show many battles fer the patrons. Ifin only the beer vendor hadn't backed out on the ninth hour! Yes it turned out it were a dry faire but not by design and will be fully flowing wet by next year! A good to great time was had by all!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

What about the name I jes gave a newly built race galleon ghost ship I'm gunna call it "The Watch Dog"

Is it ready fer a crew yet?

Capitan Capnwilliam

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

First officer

Quartermaster

Bosun

Master gunner Pirate Petee

Ship surgeon

Spiritual advisor and palm reader Kendra

Cook

Moral Officer Rummy

Cartographer

Lookout(s) 1 2 3 4

Gunners crew

Ships carpenter

Ships blacksmith

Able seamen

Volunteers are being interviewed on dock at pier "J" (Send me a p/m)

It is all coming together nicely

Petee me ole friend I see you may have a goodly need ta move into a mastergunners shoes matey and the ship bein a ghost ship and all is right here (as I points to the side o me head) right here in the minds of those who feel a little play is exercise for the mind!

Actually I believe that there could be enough said about in the creativeness of me mates about the pub here, that a thread of discerning folk involved in creativly workin about and creating the a ship with comradery as it plays out (on the cuff) you might call it completely adlibbed fer the purpose of mayhaps a future script ergh even a book maybe. Right here building each day with the intigral parties of said ships crew being the only players. What ye think?

I would like to join, don't know exactly how I can be a service to the crew. . .but I would still like to join!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

What about the name I jes gave a newly built race galleon ghost ship I'm gunna call it "The Watch Dog"

Is it ready fer a crew yet?

Since I am not the captain type she will need a goodly capitan!

I would be the ships master

first officer

quartermaster

bosun

master gunner

ship surgeon

cook

Moral Officer

cartographer

lookout(s) (also gun crew)

ships carpenter

ships blacksmith

able seamen

Volunteers are being interviewed on dock at pier "J"

two, two can i here three three can i hear three?

I'd be good at lifting the morale of yer crew, so 'ow's about if I becomes the official Morale Officer. Here, diego, let me give ya a hand and see if I can raise yours a bit~ B)

Aye lass and ye be getting a lot more than me hand ye will! Three up and on board lets party folks! Join the fun ye can be from anyswhere ifin ye read it all this is the ghost ship in the minds eye, the storm of turbulent water waitin to be smoothed by our hull. c'mon muster up mateys!

Well seein as that we be waitin on the rest of da crew before we put out, an I bein da master gunner. I thinks I'll be going down below ta checkin the stock o powder, shot and slow match.

" Sneaks into the bilge and sets up hamock, fills up tankard with rum, lies down, lights up pipe,sips on rum, tilts tri-corn over eyes and ZZZZZZZ"

Petee-2.jpg

:rolleyes: ooooooooooo Pete's in trouble! And we haven't set sail yet boy is this going to be interesting! B)

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Capn, Kendras teasin me. B) ... B)

:rolleyes: AM NOT!! *Folds arms*

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

The captain hasn't hired on as of the yets but he has been courted for the job if he should want it. Children thar will be no whining none nada neit no! ifin ye cry best have wings fer you'll surely fly! Right over board now lets seem alive!

:rolleyes: Im Sorry Diego. . .*giggles*

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Is it ready fer a crew yet? The muster is fillin up a bit quickly do take the time to ask yerself do ya have time to be free, to (in period banter) be a part of a working story, a book or a script mayhaps? Would the ship benifit from the seriousness that will be needed with you taking part in such an endeavor as this?

Capitan  Capnwilliam

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

First officer

Quartermaster

Bosun

Master gunner Pirate Petee

Master-at-arms Sir William Red Wake

Warrior

Ship surgeon

Spiritual advisor and palm reader Kendra

Cook

Moral Officer Rummy

Cartographer

Lookout(s) 1   2   3   4  

Gunners crew

Ships carpenter

Ships blacksmith

Able seamen

It is all coming together nicely

The ship's master has offered me the position of Master-at-arms. This is a lower warrant officer rank generally reserved for an able seaman with experience as a marine. However, since his invitation is most gracious and he flatters me with the confidence of the request, I shall except the offer.

Now, to the maintenance and storage of the arms.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg