Pyrates of the West Coast

The island of La Margarita vanished into the night as the frigate gained speed with steady blue water wind. What little could be seen to designate land break existance became like distant dream as the weak shore lumination given by domociles dissipated with distance. No cry of seabird broke the steady sound of water caress of wooden curvature and only the heavenly bodies scattering the skies above gave witness to vessel's passing. Time seemed to suspened in these deep hours of Night's reign and the only contradiction lay in the haunting chime of ship's bell.

Chanault had kept vigil from chosen roost, the fife easing from one measure of rendering to the next in fluidity; the pale sights ever aware of surround. The young Frenchman's attention was drawn occassionally to the quarterdeck and the one that held its sway for the time being. In the time that was spent touring the fregate's decks earlier, Raphael had decerned and determined the Irlandais origins, further confirmed by Dominique's overviews and summaries. Lamaire had endorsed the man in question with highest regards and had hinted at involvements that went far beyond ship's business.

Finishing the lingering strains of current musical stream, Raphael left place of repose tucking the fife away with care. Softly trodding aft to gain access below, he paused briefly to scan holy ground's loom then continued on to destination desired.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 July 1704 6 Bells of the Mid Watch

- Aboard the Watch Dog

:: The past several turns of the glass went well, all was quiet aside form the nornal sounds of the ship and the music from forward. Not long after the striking of the bell, the turn of the glass, the music quit... Dorian noted this and once he had transcribed the navigational information into the log he headed to the fore rail of the quarterdeck. He watched a figure in the waist head aft. As the person closed the distance, Mr. Lasseter finally made out the form of the Surgeon's assistant, Msr. Chanault. He walked with a slow even pace, stopped and turned his sights upward to view the quarterdeck. Dorian remained where he stood, studying the small frenchman as he seemed to be doing the same. Then after a moment, the man continued on his way into the inner realms of the ship. Mr. Lasseter remained at the rail, wondering if the man would easily become a true member of this ships crew, or if he would always remain an outsider, always remain a step outside of the fold... His thoughts were interupted by a change in the wind, the sails flapped once, then twice, then billowed out steadily...::

Mmmm... lets hope tha's all tha' was... might be a sign o' a storm...

::He turned and heads back to the binnacle, conversed with the man at the wheel for a moment, then turned his eyes to the heavens...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

"Mister Pew."

"Mister Pew."

Feeling a slight tug at my breeches I groggily rub my eyes and find myself staring at Eric Franklin form, now backing towards the cabin's door.

"'Tis ne'rly mornin, thought ye might be likin' ta catch tha sunrise of tha new day sah." Eric says in his low tone.

"New day, aye. New days always be bringin 'bouts new beginnin's Mr. Franklin."

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

F I N I S

This ends Book One of the Watch Dog. The tale continues in "The Watch Dog, Book ll" found here in the Skull and Quill Society - Fiction (previously called Rabble Rousing).

Our many thanks to everyone who contributed to this volume of work, from Diego who created it, on down through our many writers and play actors. It has been a pleasure writing with you all and we hope to see your work continue in Book ll. A thank you to those many readers who have passed along their compliments during this first stage in the virtual experiment that is "The Watch Dog".

-W.R.W.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bump, bump

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

• 2 weeks later...

What he said ^^^^^

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 2 weeks later...

and again

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 2 weeks later...

and.............. again.......

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 1 month later...

and........ again.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 1 month later...

Heave!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Heave Ho!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 6 months later...

Heave!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

• 2 months later...

I came across this old friend and was in fear that it might become misplaced in the past. With this in mind, I took it upon myself to raise it to the forefront...oh flame caressed bird from the ashes. This is where it all began, after all, and many a fond memory stems from its' humble start. (Of course, one must go beyond page one and more into the vacinity of ten to gain the tale at hand.)

A toast in recognition to writers new and old, that have kept this tale alive!

:ph34r:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye..quite a worthy read...even from before page 10. I just may read it again :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I "heart" you more, P. :lol: **blush**

Wanna bet? **sticks out tongue** :lol::ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Heave!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ahrrr! So thar be the West Coast dogs!!

'Nuthr check'n in har!!

T'gether we can takes a whole army of Elizabethans, I says we can!!!

....er, an Elizabethan, that thar be a curvy curvy lass, right???

:blink:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

And Heave again!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif