Wanting yer advice

Fancy

Pearl, I have been accused of many things in my life, most of them legitimately, but I have *never* been accused of being a prude. Immoral, perverted, shameless, and hedonistic, perhaps. The right Hand of Satan, oh definitely. But NOT a prude.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

I beggin yer pardon, sir. Of course,I did not mean to say ye was prude. But the others of us have been so accused. Ye, me fine gentleman, could never be mistaken fer a prude. I shall take me punishment now. :ph34r:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.  I shall take me punishment now. :ph34r:

Hmmmm.... flogg ..... Oh- this isn't an adult thread is it?

Blast!!! :ph34r:

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

mayhaps I'll give that serious thought... sort of a tutorial in bodice fitting... 

Hmm... it would be quite educational...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Being a guy type....( (I've made the "vest style bodices") and what I call the "slut top" (ok ... need a better name for it, but it looks like a woman is "falling outta her top", but realy won't (drat...) )

From what I can figure there are basicaly two different types..... the tight vest kinda thing (Dutchesses second photo) or the more period (and somehow more "supportave type" ) and many different variations of both of them....

You can make your own (look up the "bidice generator" or go to some of the S.C.A. sites for better info...... ) or you can check out the page Gentelman of Fortune sujested............

but being a guy type..... there is nothing like a well cut bodice to keep a man on his toes................... ;)

Yesterday while out at the Ren-faire here in Calif. at Irwindale, my dear Boats happen lay eyes upon a bodice he really liked and asked me to try it on. It fit...so he bought it for me.

Hopefully my dear 'girls' will stay put, but I'm not holding my breath.

It unfortunately was made with the really thin boning, so I'm not sure how well it will work - as the ones I make I use the better wider boning.

Well if nothing else, I'll have a bodice I can use to make a pattern off of.

The pattern I have (I bought from Alter Years many years ago), just doesn't seem to work for me as well these days, as I've gotten older and my body shape has changed.

Rumba

i came on this thread a bit late but as one of the males of the species if i might add a personal observation; as patrick called them you have the slut bodices which i usually refer to as bovine bodices the low-cut, let your boobs hang over like some servile cow ....if that's the look you want go for it but if you'd rather an alluring provocative appearance the higher more period bodice will still allow the public to admire your abundamce without frightening small children and getting many a poor married man an elbow to the ribs when your nips and his eyes pop out

i have worked both ren faires and priate fests for over 25 years and i'm sorry to make this observation but i would prefer a classy looking woman with her clothes fitting properly rather than some grotesque cartoon of a sort sex show freak

i have done custuming in 16th, 17th &18th century theatrical productions for over 40 years and fitted at least 150 bodices over the years... and when i see what some women think is attractive at some of the events it makes me want to cry and find some large cloaks to cover them

but i have also seen what some other men think is attractive.... and i can see why the silicone boob culture has such a hold on them .....they think women should look like cartoons with boobs the size and shape of watermelons or beach balls on their chests ..... as for myself ad i hope most men i would rather see a woman whose eyes and smile i can see first when she walks into a room and not just see "tits" with legs

i also have made many leather bodices as they were period as well for lower class women who worked hard physical jobs ....but along with some proper boning in these i also line them with fabric so they withstand long wear and allow the garment to breath

with you being a larger busted woman i do think you will need to go for comfort and support or you will hate wearing the bodice if it is just a showcase for men to gaze at

so please take the time to try things on or go the custom route and i think you will make an informed decision.

best of luck to you

:rolleyes:

i have done custuming in 16th, 17th &18th century theatrical productions for over 40 years and fitted at least 150 bodices over the years... and when i see what some women think is attractive at some of the events it makes me want to cry and find some large cloaks to cover them

but i have also seen what some other men think is attractive.... and i can see why the silicone boob culture has such a hold on them .....they think women should look like cartoons with boobs the size and shape of watermelons or beach balls on their chests ..... as for myself ad i hope most men i would rather see a woman whose eyes and smile i can see first when she walks into a room and not just see "tits" with legs

That is very pleasant to read.

I'm new in the costume thing and i do want my bodice to give me some cleavage, but i have to admit, i'd not want to look like (forgive me nothing personal and i'm talking the overly..ahum..round looks now) what i sometimes think looks indeed like some beach balls lay above the bodice.

It's cool to feel sexy and feminine and i enjoyed having a nice "decollete"and i want to make sure the next bodice has it too, but not too much..upto some level it's sexy above that i think it's kinda cheap.

But, not all women with bodices look like that :rolleyes:

I must say..i'd always prefer a good fitting one and over breast not under.

hero.jpg

Aye Capt phil is right and wrong. Leather will last 50 times as long but ifin ye have a huge rack it does become a most cumbersome unrelenquishing journey into non comfort.

NOT TRUE .

yes leather is mor expensive but it is THE MOST COMFORTABLE!

like i said earler i have a leather rose bodice (i use to work for them )

wich i have sold to many of woman(of ALL shapes and sizes) befor i ever bought one myself and all of them have come back and they love them!

there is one major factor that one gets with leather .... leather MOLDS ITSELF TO YOU OVER TIME in other words dont worry if it gets wet just wear it (how it fits right) till it drys and poof custom fit!!!!!!

my leather bodice from leather rose fits me like a glove esp now that it got wet (not soked just dampened)

just so you know most bodices are nothing but PAIN for me i have a bum sholder and the blade is off so most bodices cause a lot of discomfort for me and the only bodices i wear are leather b/c the leather moldes to me and dose not hurt me. oh and i work nyrf wich happens in aug-sept and YES it gets HOT my solution is an ice chest it never fales ! and as the ice melts cooling you down( your bodice gets damp the leather streches to fit you better as it drys it is even more molded to your body). hummmm relative comfort in a bodice nothing is better than that! if you ask me screw beauty is pain beauty is a good leather bodice (be it leather rose or not ) !

good luck in your quest i wish you luck.

blu

It all makes sense, in a delightfully kinky way. The common method for conditioning a new leather Western saddle, for instance, is to soak the leg leathers in water until saturated. Then, you give the stirrups a half-twist away from the saddle and shove a broom handle through to fix the stirrups in place. When the leather dries, you can remove the broomstick, and you'll find that the stirrups now hang comfortably perpendicular to the saddle, not knee-wrenchingly parallel.

Oh, and the answer is a resounding "YES", I'd gladly lend Fancy whatever support is required. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

from your avatar your bodice appears to fit just fine lass .....i agree a bit of decolletage is a fine thing smile.gif

ezpi_blush.gif

Thank you, that's very kind :)

The leather story about fitting to your body makes sense, but i once (a looooong time ago) had leather skirt and i felt when going to a hot place (rock gigs or whatever) it wasn't comfortable at all.

I guess quality of leather counts too?

Are those bodices of leather with lining?

The most uncomfortable for me was the rough inside of the leather skirt.

hero.jpg

I find that a lot of leather bodices are wicked overpriced. The pre-made ones you find at ren faires for example. They're just mass cut panels, riveted together, for quite a large amount of money.

I would love to own a leather corset or bodice, but I can't see how paying 300 odd bucks for pieces of leather hammered together with rivets is terribly worth it. Also, I'm a fiend for colour coordination.

Also, Unless you're paying for custom work, it is nigh impossible to find garb for amller people. It really makes me mad! I'm 5'3 and 105lbs. You never see garb for people like me! The only piece of actual bought garb I have was a dress from Sophies Stitches, the last XS one they had.

I'd love to be able to go to pennsic or wherever and shop for Garb, but alas no.

Also, I'd love to be able to find a corset that makes me look as if I have -some- cleavage ( which is a task in and of itself ) But custom work is so damned expensive, and if I'm getting custom work done, I want to be there with the seamstress, getting proper measurements taken by the person who's sewing it!

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

hmmm... another vote for leather, more places to look and more about proper fitting vs. the slut fit... ok....

I love leather and want very much to try a leather bodice, but they are pricey, I now know I want one that comes up a little over the breast, but not too much, enough for that sexy push... I most definitely need to try them out, I know. This will take some time, as finding someone or someplace will be difficult...

Patrick, Rumba, since y'all make them... where do ya'll be located... for a personal fitting?

Fancy

Sadly Fancy, we're both in California. I'm in Southern and Patrick's in Northern.

Recently I attempted to try on some Pendragon bodices only to find the largest they go for even an extra large was a size 14. Arrgghhhh!

Rather disappointed to say the least.

The leather they use is of a very heavy type that will certianly hold you up, but will also make you sweat and melt like a popsicle in the warm sun. Nice, but no thanks.

I know there's faires coming up in your part of the world, so go and check them out and see what you can find.

Rumba

i live in pennsylvania and i'm about 40 mile from pensic and i can sew a leather custom bodice/corset that i make the pattern directly off your body and the cost is under $200 for a lined leather bodice with boning and i will be in missouri at the st louis faire the weekend of june 4-5 and the great lakes faire in july .....you can pm me or contact me via email

:unsure:;)

I have made the "under the breast vest type of " bodices.....By mistake kinda sorts.... I made a more period one once (and they all work for what they were to "do")..... Depends on what style or look you are going for..... both look good (from a guys view...) I still say, that you should check out the bodice genarator that Gentelman of Fortune posted for more information.......

I remember us talking about things being so expensive in the states..

Get this, i just ordered this lovely bustier...

95054a2.jpg

It's got boning and all, and it's $30.14, and that's the largest size, the smallest one (for normal super slim ladies) is $18.83

They have corsets, also leather look ones, not sure about leather, but the leather look one is starting at $43.98

They also have great fabric ones.

These are the Dutch prices, now i don't know if British prices are more expensiv (pound prices are usually very expensive) but it should be the same for all countries.

I checked, on the registratiom form it says USA so you should be able to order there too :)

Pabo UK

Warning, those with kids, it's mail order company with fantastic lingery and night gowns, top clothes are (all real cool and sexy) but has also "adult things".

hero.jpg

I know there's faires coming up in your part of the world, so go and check them out and see what you can find.

Rumba

you may want to check out

www.recfaire.com

they list most of the venders links

my favs from nyrf.are

csdesignsonline.com.........c and s designs wonderfull chemices pesant blowses skirts and simpol bodices prices are moderate & she makes everything her self and is verry good quality.

houseof dra.com..................house of dra everything you need, but the bodice, in cotton and silk for men and woman high qualty a little pricey but worth it all hand made my the lady Dra herself.

i saw some one sugested heartsdelight in my opinion good if you want gauze tops or skirts wich are wonderfull for HOT weather events but personaly there bodices are not annything i would wright home about id rather spend a bit more for better qualty that will last for a long time .

i have a few of there shirts and a chemeise and i love em light weight and cumfey!

but none the less check out your local farie (or the links on faire sights they are a great resorce ) you may want to look up the SCA (the people responsible fo the pennsic war) they have info about period clothing .

speaking of pennsic my fav clother there hase become

ageless fashions

there sight is www.trappingsandtrouble.com

i have a few of there gauzies, & cholies and wow cumfey!!! i also bought a velvet coat and a heavy cloke for my man and he loves em!

i hope that helps a bit or at least gives you a few ideas. good luck in your search for the perfict garb ,dont get discourged it takes time to realy know what is "you" it hase taken me 10 years to hone the idea of what i want my garb to look like( now alls i need is the $$$$ ) it hase been a slow evolution from wench to the pirating gypsie i am becoming piece my piece.

blu :huh: