Wanting yer advice

Fancy

Stop!

go no further till you check out this site!

some of you have seen it before but its invaluable for 18th Century Women's clothing

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it's a good dizzy because I didn't even know the proper place to start.

How would you define proper? I ask because, as you may or may not know, but as Hawkyns points out, there are two distinct schools of thought on the subject.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

The dress is nice, but again as you stated, not sure about the bodice.

If you shell out 200.00 bucks for that outfit, only to find out the bodice isn't going to work for you...you're out a lot of money.

Do go to the faires, even if it's in another state that might be near you.

Try them on to see what suits you best.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

this is what I've been having my eye on for a while... my only reservation with it is the bodice... it seems to come over the bust instead of under.

dress

Here's what happens with bodices:

If it looks like it goes under the bust or that is what you want, if you have any mammaries at all, you will have absolutely NO SUPPORT. Be prepared to flop over the top, out the sides and everywhere else inertia will induce your breasts to go. Simply wearing a shirt will not solve the problem, shirts are not meant nor designed to do that. To avoid this problem you need a bodice that comes up at least half way over your bust. It is this support from the bottom, sides and front that produces the ogle worthy cleavage and not dangerous squishy pendulums subject to the capriciousness of physics.

No matter how great you look with them out and amuck, you'll look ten times better with them properly displayed. I promise.

Duchess

Can you provide a visual aid.... lets say a JPG for this? We'd like to make up our own minds please B)

If it looks like it goes under the bust or that is what you want, if you have any mammaries at all, you will have absolutely NO SUPPORT. Be prepared to flop over the top, out the sides and everywhere else inertia will induce your breasts to go. Simply wearing a shirt will not solve the problem, shirts are not meant nor designed to do that. To avoid this problem you need a bodice that comes up at least half way over your bust. It is this support from the bottom, sides and front that produces the ogle worthy cleavage and not dangerous squishy pendulums subject to the capriciousness of physics.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Duchess, you crack me up... B)

and your point is right on... I know it needs to come up a bit over, or the hang-over will happen... I just don't want it to come way over (like the one in the pic appears to do) and diminish anything that might otherwise be pleasing...

omg, this whole thread has me thinking of Rumba's siggy... I'm indeed laughing at myself, for here is a whole thread seemingly dedicated to the support of my breasts! LOL!!! B)

oh well! I'm sure this thread may help someone in the future as well as helping me right now.

And I really do appreciate the help!

Fancy

Okay (photo) graphic evidence.

Center lady, an exceptionally well fitting bodice.

http://www.joatmon.com/renpics/pics/MOM&DAUG.jpg

ill fitting not really a bodice or anything at all, this one is only medium bad.

http://www.caffeineod.com/shawn/ren/mini-1...05-0516_IMG.JPG

You know it's odd, I see prime examples of what not to wear for a bodice, quite frequently in person, but I've searched all over the web, and it seems that no one has photographed them. I wonder why? B)

Duchess

LMAF!!! Fancy, I'm sure Mad Jack would love to hold your breasts up. :lol:

Duchess you are soooo right! I've seen some very top heavy gals just hanging horribly out because of ill fitting bodices.

I kid you not, I've tried every friggin' style of bodice and not one of them (including ones from vendors at faires), seems to give me the support I'm looking for. Course I have a situation where one hip is higher than the other, one shoulder is lower than the other - hence my having to make my own bodices.

I swear I got boobs, (38-C) but the darn things keep wanting to slide back down into normal position....

Hmmm, ropes and pulley's might work too. :lol:

Rumba Rue

**Does fruitcake flush?** :lol:

it's not the corset the guys are looking at...it's the mound of soft supply flesh pushing up above the corset the men's eyes are focused on.

WELL there went my mind fer the night............... :lol:

(just to keep this ON topic, I have made a few bodices for ladys.... but what I make are more of a low cut tight vest....... It's the way the blouse/chimese is made that keeps a woman from "falling out" (drat.....) )

(just to keep this ON topic, I have made a few bodices for ladys.... but what I make are more of a low cut tight vest....... It's the way the blouse/chimese is made that keeps a woman from "falling out" (drat.....) )

I didn't think the blouse had much to do with it... other than maybe it being too low cut or not... is that what you're referring to?

LMAF!!! Fancy, I'm sure Mad Jack would love to hold your breasts up.

Why Rumba, whatever gives you that idea??? :lol:

Ok... I'm a 38 DD and don't want to fall out, or down. I want a nice tight fit and plenty of that nice fleshy mound above the top. Seems the only way I can find what's gonna work best is to just try a few, and get opinions.

Fancy

Ok... I'm a 38 DD and don't want to fall out, or down. I want a nice tight fit and plenty of that nice fleshy mound above the top...

If nothing else, I think you've just guaranteed a VERY long life to this thread...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Another piece of advice...don't make a satin blouse!

I tried my bodice on last night and the desired effect was back but then i reaLized..on the event while wearing it, the bodice slipped upwards and was too high ;)

The satin blouse is soooo smooth and slippery it made the bodice slide upwards..so i'll have to find a way to prevend that..

Still leaves me to take the ~~ bend bonings out and replace them with something slightly firmer.. ;)

hero.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Charity ... altho satin isn't something I wear often, unless it's lingerie. I can imagine it slipping around where ye don't want it, but I bet it feels good.

If nothing else, I think you've just guaranteed a VERY long life to this thread...

oh, I doubt that... there's only so much to be said about the subject... but I will post the pics here, I reckon, when I finally get "them" rightly outfitted :ph34r:

Fancy

Or ye could post the before and after pics, and maybe a step by step of the fitting :ph34r::ph34r:

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Pearl, I have been accused of many things in my life, most of them legitimately, but I have *never* been accused of being a prude. Immoral, perverted, shameless, and hedonistic, perhaps. The right Hand of Satan, oh definitely. But NOT a prude.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg