Wanting yer advice

Fancy

It's time I looked the part! I'm lookin' to assemble my first pyrate wench outfit and I'd like some advice on where ta begin... I've already googled and found lots of places, but which is the best to start with? ebay? a certain website? (I can sew pretty well, too.)

So... can ye help me?

Fancy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I always thought ye had one? Well, thrift shops are one good place to start. The skirts and blouses they have there are perfect! I got my bodice at one of the ren faires and also a chemise as well. The rest I put together with skirts or blouses from thrift stores.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Nope, sure don't.. ;) but I will...

I like your bodice.. the way it goes under the boobs and lifts... (ok, I'm being blunt, what the hell, how else to I explain meself?) anyhow... I want one that does that. I've found a beautiful dress on ebay, but the bodice doesn't appear to do that.

I will go to my thrift shop and see what I can find there... hopefully they'll have something that will work... the dress on ebay is $200.

thanks!

Fancy

Yup! They say beauty is pain and ye definitely feel pain in the bodice-lol! But the look is great! Guys enjoy it, that's fer sure! I get a lot of attention in it. :) Ye definitely need to get yerself a bodice, good times with that!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Will do..

thanks!

I'm off ta bed now... it's 4:20 AM!! Jeez! I had no idea! LOL!

Sleep sweet, Christine. thanks for all your help, when I get my dress together I'm going to post it up. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later.

G'nite, luv!

Fancy

Bodices are the hardest to fit to women. You have to try them on to see what works. I wouldn't buy one off the Internet without being able to try it on first.

One bodice I made out of leather a few years back came under my boobs, so while looked great to the guys, it can be your undoing too- as my chemise with the elastic neck accidentally came down, while I t'was on stage preformin' with Mallory and McCall one year, exposing myself to all...I was redder than the skirt I t'was wearin'.

Nowadays I prefer them just enough to push me up, but not fall out.

Course, for some reason, they just sort of slide back down. I think I need to build 'shelfs' in my bodices like bellydancing bras...

But I swears, I gots 'em! :rolleyes:

Rumba Rue

**In the beginning there was nothing and then it exploded** :rolleyes:

I'd like to find a faire... but it may be that I have to order one... and if so, I'll make sure they have a good return policy and order a few... to try on.. maybe that would work...

No, I don't wanna be fallin' out... I just want 'em... supported.

Fancy

That's what i told some one too Rumba.

I made one after the pattern and it didn't fit as it should, so we adjusted it and it was great for a while (the pic i posted here remember?) but after wearing it a day it was horible..

So much for working hard on your first bodice, so i'l make sure you get one of good fabric and boning too.

To see it go bad like that is a huge disapointment! :rolleyes:

hero.jpg

Most of the ladies I know swear by these guys

http://www.bruteforceleather.com/scripts/p...p?idCategory=17

Pricey, but worth it. I know they do quite a faire circuit, and Pennsic. I've seen them at the Fetish Flea in Boston, too.

Hawkyns

:rolleyes:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

cough cough sputter.....for those prices I can definately make it myself!!! And for a third of the cost! Geesh!

Rumba Rue

** :( **

Yeah, like I said, pricy. but the pics don't do them justice. The leather work is, I am told, lasercut. Certainly I have never seen such clean crisp lines with any kind of knife. Those who I know that have bought them swear that they fit perfectly and nothing shifts.

They don't show pics, but they've made a full leather dress of about 6 oz, laser cut, studded and spiked. The spike bra was interesting, too. :(

Hawkyns

:(

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

alot of websites do custom works - you give them your exact measurements and they cut it to fit you. Also, they will most times have an alter policy instead of a return.

This is where I ordered my bodice - www.greycatdesigns.com

She does all custom work and is very nice to work with. The bodice fit perfectly, the only thing I wished diffrent is the fact that she doesn't use steel boning which I cold have used. The prices are in a mid-range - bit more pricey, but they really are well made and custom crafted. Can't get anything in leather though . . .

as for skirts and chemises and the like - as was said before, thrift shops and even some chain stores will have peasant, hippie, flowy types of skirts that should do.