II.

Dark is the night to winter’s soul

An unyeilding chill that won’t let go.

Sitting by fire’s blaze,

His mind drifts into mist, and haze.

To that once warm, guilding light

To those soft arms that held him tight

Those lips filled with passion’s love

And a voice low like the cooing of a dove.

He trecks on, face full of frost

Searching for that, which he has lost.

©Shana L. Martin 2005 Largo, FL. All rights reserved

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Wow... fantastic! Sad, but really good! You can tell it's from your soul... I wish I could express myself like that!

:)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Aye Kendra you are such an incredible poet.

But I think it be wise that it's best not to dwell on what may have been, but instead go bravely into the future and feel the sun's warmth upon your cheek.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

I so agree, that is why I say it is my last poem, done in this vain for awhile. Just need to get that last bit out! My hope is that when I share stuff like this, it gives a voice to those feelings others have a hard time expressing. I am trying to write a story a fantasy tale. eventually I will have to get back to my sequal to the mermaid story, but my mind just is on this other for now. and then there is our pirate fest coming in November. So it is safe to say that my meloncolly state is over and the warm summer sun is over head!

Thank for being so understanding all of you!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 5 years later...

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts if you indeed had not I would not have come back. to be honest I thought the pub be dead. I am glad to be proven wrong

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Forum sites, especially ones for older generations(by that I mean people over 18 or at least with very little to attract people under the age of 18) tend to be somewhat slow. So far I have only seen one site that is active daily and it is for kids and adults alike, the theme there is anime. Compared to other forum sites of the same type, I'd say this one is relatively active.

I've decided I like the Pub and so am going to do what I can to make it as active as I can. As soon as I can get around to it, I'll be advertising to every pirate-enthusiast I know, the only problem we may encounter is that most of them aren't as into computers and forum sites as I am. Hopefully though we will see an increase in activity.