Finding a Pirate Ship

I was wondering if anyone could help me in a lifelong dream. Me and my friend have been friends for 24 years, sense the first day of kindergarten. It started with a dream that we never got tired of, sailing the Caribbean in a pirate ship ( maybe not a actual pirate ship but one made to look like one). We started early in life and had the opportunity to take care of my parents house, and later owned the place when they left it to me (nice place by the way), we went to a near by college together and got in the real estate business and are earning quiet a bit of money, everything goes to the bank. the money saved in that bank is for our dreams. That Pirate Ship, a custom made (or not) pirate ship, not some crap small boat, but an actual ship, made for sailing, made with quality, (absolute QUALITY) to function for the rest of our lives. I need help finding someone or some company to build my ship, any help or advice, or even something you think is cool to have on a boat will be welcome.

:lol:

Captin Paul

Well.. While I regret to inform you that I cannot assist you in the aquiring of yer ship, wouldn't It be awesome to have a Fog horn mounted on the front shaped like a cannon? or a deck/swivvel gun? Or a cannon, with a fog horn inside? Just an idea, but wouldn't it be awesome if you could point your cannon at someone on shore, or on another ship, and then..

--WEEEEEEEEEEeeeee OOOOOOOOOooooooooooh!--

Ya rake him from stem ta stern with the loudest, deepest, most earthshaking horn EVER!!! :lol:

well Bloomin' Bloody 'eck, Paul...dunno if ye are pullin' on my wooden leg or wot, but......My present ship's 72' of pirate ship, I've discussed the next one with the builder, and it'll run me a small 2 3/4 million for another a third larger than this. 'aven't a clue about your stash 'o dubloons, but that's today's prices.........email me if you have the cash, I know the builders...

114.jpg

:lol:

ROYALISTE Celebratin' Blackbeard's Wake, 05/07/05........

Suprisingly enough Shaelyn and myself have started t' look into this as well...Yes we're just a wee bit crazier than most t' try an build a vessel worthy of...well a pirate.

Oddly enough I was gonna mention talkin' to you, Royaliste for this one. Howe'er ya beat me t' it! Bloody Pirate! :lol:

If ya find the time...shoot me an e-mail...I think we need t' talk Royaliste :) ;)

Like Royalist said, hope ye gots a few million(s) to throw away, and that ain't including the boat dock fees either.

Rumba Rue

** :blink: **

Aye...ain't a cheap venture that be for sure! ;)

I look at the bank accounts and wimper e'ery time I think about it...but it's ever so worth it in the end. :)

I hope no one thinks iam a little weird coming up this idea, but iam absolutely serious into doing this one. ( what I mean by this one is that I have a huge list of my dreams that I am determined to complete, things like making the worlds largest conga line, and recreating the opening credit scene from the Drew Cary Show. But the ship is the absolute most important one) but yeh, if any one knows about pricing for ships or costs of licenses and permits and stuff like that. Things Iam worried about on a ship would be international borders on the sea, I want to sail in the gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean, I just don’t want to run in to trouble with some Cuban or Mexican police boat and end up spending the night in one of there jails sleeping with a guy named Guadeloupe. One thing I also need is some shipmates which Iam still looking for. One more thing that I want to do is offer a 1 to 2 week stay on my ship to people who would love to stay on a pirate ship.

Still need help so please keep wrinting ;)

Captin Paul

Being too practical occasionally, I have two questions fer ye, Pirate Paul:

1) How much have ye researched this dream of owning a pirate ship?

2) Have ye any experience sailing such a ship?

And, aye, I do concur with Monsieur Diego, t'would be nice to have ye buy a round of drinks fer us here...kinda be a tradition with new pirates entering the Pub. The best place to do that would be in the Initiation Rites & Pub Mgmt. room.

I do wish ye the best of luck with bringing yer dream to fruition, matey!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Well, mate, you've quite a lot of parameters. The sea is different, it makes all the rules and you abide by them. Sailing skills are learned, not bought, and so...you can always end up in a not so friendly situation somewhere, but experience and sea miles keep you helmed clear of most trouble. That said, one doesn't aspire to a 'pirate ship' and then want a low profile lifestyle, they don't mix, savvy??..Also, it takes a lot of documentation for licenses and such....they arent necessary for a private vessel, unless you have commercial ideas, then, well...there's a long line of aspirants already doing it....It seems you are young, so..do it like the rest of us...start with a dink, learn to sail, work yourt way up in vessel size, or...take a trip on a similar ship to your ideas and see how you hold up, then, re-group, get a dink, learn to sail, blah blah....Not all treasure is silver and gold, eh??....I sailed in a tight harbor two weeks ago, 65 knots, bare poled, and during the blow, I didnt think one m inute about my treasure, swords, etc...but man was I working on my helming skills and thanking experience the next morning when we were still afloat...just finished repairs where one carronade decided to try and join old Flint........................Aye!

Being too practical occasionally, I have two questions fer ye, Pirate Paul:

1) How much have ye researched this dream of owning a pirate ship?

2) Have ye any experience sailing such a ship?

1)I spent quiet a while researching everything I can, starting young reading books and stuff, later taking history classes about the time. Right now I am doing research on the legal part of it.

2) I spent some time working on a ship on the cost of Louisiana in New Orleans, it was a old fashion tour type of deal, there is got the feel of water. later I went with a buddy of mine on a bigger boat out farther in the seas, there I got the feel of stormy type of situations. well I found out that I don’t get sea sick (pheww) and its a lot funner then I hoped

one thing I want to make clear, the idea of a pirate boat is mostly going to between me and my friends. I want the feel of a pirate boat because I spent my whole life loving everything about pirates.( I don’t want to actually take the role of a pirate and go overboard on the idea and actually rob a little drug boats coming form Colombia or something) other wise I want this because something is driving me to sail out in the ocean, I don’t know what but something is telling me this is what I have to do. What could be more important then the boat is the friends I am going to have on them.

Another thing is that I am young, I am 21, this seems young, I know. Don’t give the impression that iam still a student in debt in a one room apartment or any thing. I graduated from high school early and was able to start on colleague early. I went to a speeded college plan combing internet classes with going to class. I majored in computer programming, and Iam quickly working my way up the latter. Also the side investing of homes in some hot spots in Colorado. So hopefully money wont become a problem, and while iam young i am trying to get all the experience I can get. :ph34r:

Captin Paul

Oh... one thing i forgot, what are you guys talking about when you want me to buy you guys a round of drinks

Most new folks round these parts introduce themselves an' buy e'eryone a round in the Initiation Rights section of th' forum mate.

Capt? Gary... Know what he is talking about............... I am not a sailor... that is why I'm the marine..................

But if you wanna know this "stuff" capt. Gary is the guy to type to.................. no bulllshit....... and you don't want that....

he knows his shi8t.................... (Royaliste something like that.............)

Suggestion, instead o' tryin' ta build one from scratch, why don't ye buy a ship already made and jest re-do some things. I'm sure it t'would be cheaper in the long run.

Rumba Rue

**You there go hoist something**

Yer fer certs not going ta believe this one matey. I saw a wonderous boat afloat this weeksend past I dids and it be hand tethered and built upon what appeared ta be a mayhaps seventeen foot V bottom the fiberglassing was supperior and detail as good ergh better than in Hollywood on a scale of one ta fifteen I'd take it! i neglected to take a picture fer I was without one o those devices but mayhaps one of our cast a crew members their did and will shares it wit ye! A miniature take the patrons out on a sail about, riggin and sails, masts, flags and nest top notch it were.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.