Hotels or Camping?

So what is the norm? Many of our shipmates and crew plan to attend this year (more so since we're making it our offical honeymoon!) and I've been wondering what the norm is. Do most stay in hotels? Do they have Camping? Are they're "Rules" or "Requirements" if you do camp?

LOL, yeah it's an idiot question but I figure I best ask it now rather then later. :)

I'd rather sleep inside th' fort than spend the money for a hotel room (and have to walk so far......) I can "tote" a bed roll. and the lean-to.. (just have to buy some 2x2's and shave them dowm..... for tent poles (kinda hard to fly with) but inside Ft. Taylor is sheltered.......beautifull camping....... (the beach was cool also....)

It would be cool if we could "camp" inside the Fort....

<Still going to go even if I can't camp inside th'Fort....>

(Wot if Ft. Taylor, charges a "special event fee" of $20 per night to camp there ?(inside or outside the Fort) still cheaper than a hotel room...

• 1 month later...
I'd rather sleep inside th' fort than spend the money for a hotel room (and have to walk so far......) I can "tote" a bed roll. and the lean-to.. (just have to buy some 2x2's and shave them dowm..... for tent poles (kinda hard to fly with) but inside Ft. Taylor is sheltered.......beautifull camping....... (the beach was cool also....)

It would be cool if we could "camp" inside the Fort....

<Still going to go even if I can't camp inside th'Fort....>

(Wot if Ft. Taylor, charges a "special event fee" of $20 per night to camp there ?(inside or outside the Fort) still cheaper than a hotel room...

Patrick....

There is a good hardware store available where you can get wood for tent poles if need be. I'll be happy to take you there when you arrive.

>>>>> Cascabel

So the merchants can stay in their tents in the Fort? And the merchant area is grass and not pavement, right? (I don't want to haul that big-arse Panther Pavilion all the way to Key West and then not be able to put it up!)

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not after me.

Where can one camp in the fort? Does one camp on the grounds? Is there cover of any sort.

I've never been there so I was wondering if someone can explain the layout and the camping possiblities? Where would one shower? What facilities are available to the camping pirate?

Pictures?

-W.R.W.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Like I typed eairler..... It would be "cool" if we could camp inside the fort, but I don't know if we can or not........ I would like to camp because it would be cheaper, and a lot of fun (aaargh... all the other pyrates...)....... I don't know about the merchants........

But it would be cool, if there was a (say only) $20.00 per night (only for the weekend) so Pyrates could camp inside the fort for the weekend.......

Don't know..... and I don't know anyone at Fort Taylor to find out.............