Lord Of Illusion

I.

What you gave was nothing more than smoke and mirror

While tears fill my eyes, the truth becomes clearer.

Your words once tasted like honey wine

Now have grown bitter and rancid over time.

Trickery and lies, have you no shame?

Trickery and lies, broken hearts are your game.

II.

Whispers, promises, and every single vow

Means less than nothing to me now.

A feeling warm, like a drink of rum

Has left me cold and rather numb.

III.

You flew me to heaven, only to fall straight to hell

Now all that lies before you is an empty shell.

I let you in so deep, to places of me so desecrate

By using your sicking perfumes of deceit.

IV.

Unmeasurable is my hurt and pain

Yet joyful is your laughter at all the pieces you have gain.

What will you do with this shattered and broken mess,

Leave me here alone like all rest?

© 2005 Shana L. Martin Largo FL. All Rights Reserved

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

This one is as heartwrenching as your previous was sensual... Once again, masterful and moving, love. Brava!

Thank you Jack! Would you believe I just finished it an hour ago! :lol:

Yea Surprised me too!! It is funny all day today I knew I was going to write something.

Just did not know what. BTW I too like your Banner very much!! ;)

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Guest SirenSong

Darlin again congrats..But sis stay from the banner Only I can drool on it..lOL...

*Huggles* You are so creative that you inspire me to finish my dark Prince of Plunder romance. Aye I am working on it yet again...

Another beautiful piece, Lady Kendra.

Now I'm just worried about yer state of mind - I know that when I write a "dark" piece, it takes a while to "come back". Truly hope all is well with you, and thank you for sharing your visions. I look forward to your future works.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Another beautiful piece, Lady Kendra.

Now I'm just worried about yer state of mind - I know that when I write a "dark" piece, it takes a while to "come back". Truly hope all is well with you, and thank you for sharing your visions. I look forward to your future works.

I so thank you for your concern, it is alsways so helpful when another writer pick up anothers feeling. Yes I am going through a rough patch at the moment, and I thank you for your concern. I trust in God that this too shall pass!! Thanks Again

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Kendra.... sweet Kendra... I feel your pain.

Looking back, everything is not so plain.

The truth, or lies? Blurred like a spring tempest.

The emotions and pain... confused like a sea mist.

I'm sorry I hurt you, oh Lady of the Sea.

And I ask with my whole heart, that you'll forgive me.

I feel lost and alone, and wish for a guiding light.

And ask that you please don't throw me out of your life.

You are my mermaid, My Lady of the Sea.

And now, my dear... I have to set you free.

Your heart is your own, and follow it you must.

For someone as foolish as me could never regain your trust.

So I stand at the helm of my ship and dream of better days.

And steer my ship into the mists to get lost inside that haze.

I find the storm and it's hurricane wind tears my world apart...

Remembering the way that you danced into my heart.

--- Cap'n Mac

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Kendra Lass, ya be doin it again ta me. As always what ya be writin moves and opens the eyes. Ya gots that passion one needs. Me ats off ta ya Lassie. Ana if'n it not be to bold, a small kiss on the cheek I be giving ya to fer the job ya did. :lol:

Shoots anything that moves!!

Bravo! Well done Madame!

Aye ye made me think back when I t'was young and dumb an' t'was treated so by some men.

Ah, life is never easy and it certianly has it's ups and downs as we have all experianced.

But we get through it and move on, hopefully to better things.

Hang in there! hug.gif

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job, Kendra... been a while since I read your peotry, but I'm awed by your talent, as usual... :)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

She is a grand lass at the words. Need tta gets me a book o em ta take inta me Capt quarters fer the long times out at sea.

One day there will be. . .one day! :ph34r:

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Lady, I had the time this mornin to read yer work and filled with love missing it be. Ye can give all ye gots fer a long long time and ye can ne'r get back what you feel is deservin. Ye jes 'ave to keep on trying and it does come to ya. Not likes in a dream but it the flesh true love is waitin jes around the next corner turned. Be blessed in who ye are fer yer mind and beauty is fer certs (along wit yer writin talent) worth waitin fer. Thank ye so much fer sharin yer pain. It does cause one to reflect on all the misery of past failures, then too like this acknowledge the fact that true love does exist. I have met her she is we.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Wow, this is good... REALLY good... dark... deep... wow...

If you like this one!! go to my web pageWheelchair Diaries

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Lady, I had the time this mornin to read yer work and filled with love missing it be. Ye can give all ye gots fer a long long time and ye can ne'r get back what you feel is deservin. Ye jes 'ave to keep on trying and it does come to ya. Not likes in a dream but it the flesh true love is waitin jes around the next corner turned. Be blessed in who ye are fer yer mind and beauty is fer certs (along wit yer writin talent) worth waitin fer. Thank ye so much fer sharin yer pain. It does cause one to reflect on all the misery of past failures, then too like this acknowledge the fact that true love does exist. I have met her she is we.

From the bottom of my heart I do thank you, you have given me a renewed strength. to endure to the end. And wait upon God, and whom my heart is destiend for. May He Richely bless you and you lady's life with the deepest of passions for one another and along eduring frienship. *kisses cheeck!*

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 5 years later...