Post yer colors, mates!

Well mates. Twas hopin t'get some feedback on m'colors but neither time did I hear much from a one a ya. Take a look again n'tell me wot ya tink ...I am a professional artist and a pirate! I ken take any criticism ya give me ...just don't IGNORE me! B)

:rolleyes:B)B)B)B)

New:https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtop...35entry219950

Original:https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtop...20entry207869

There is one correction to the explination of the symbol for the triple goddess. There are three different symbols used. Here is an unreliable source if you want more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lies tha green n black un meself. tha simple one ye've got in yer avatar best. plus it meets tha far away rule. er'y one will know yer commin to be sure.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• 1 month later...

I have Just finished the artwork for the C.H.E.S (Thats Colchester Historical Enactment Society) Flag, Prior to beggining construction, so I decided to post it to see what you guys thought.

blackflag2rs.jpg

The Image of the skull, and the design of the wings is taken from period Gravestones and woodcuts, the cutlases were also based on early 18th century artwork.

Just tryin out an idea.. work in progressredcatflag-06.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I like it Paul. The large graphics and simple, familiar designs (for the times) will make that flag recognizable from a distance which, after all, is the point of flags at sea.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

My flag is my avatar. I kept it rough looking, so it would look like it was painted on faded canvas. It's a horse skull with a black heart under it. Means "Your worst, blackhearted nightmare come true." I picked a red background partly because everyone else was doing black, and because it could mean "blood" or "bloody." In the original drawing I did, the letters F and R are made to look like folded scraps of canvass, but the avatar is so small you don't really see that detail.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

My flag is my avatar. I kept it rough looking, so it would look like it was painted on faded canvas. It's a horse skull with a black heart under it. Means "Your worst, blackhearted nightmare come true." I picked a red background partly because everyone else was doing black, and because it could mean "blood" or "bloody." In the original drawing I did, the letters F and R are made to look like folded scraps of canvass, but the avatar is so small you don't really see that detail.

I like that one alot, and to tell you the truth, I never have to read your name, because the moment I see your flag I know it's you. The same goes for Bill Flint and Captain Jim. I will probably change my avater back to my ensign sometime soon.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I like that one alot, and to tell you the truth, I never have to read your name, because the moment I see your flag I know it's you. The same goes for Bill Flint and Captain Jim. I will probably change my avater back to my ensign sometime soon.

Why, thank you sir!

And I must tell you, I got the idea from your dog skull! I like horses (I have two) and I have a real horse skull I used as a model. But, your flag was the inspiration. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I have Just finished the artwork for the C.H.E.S (Thats Colchester Historical Enactment Society) Flag, Prior to beggining construction, so I decided to post it to see what you guys thought.

blackflag2rs.jpg

The Image of the skull, and the design of the wings is taken from period Gravestones and woodcuts, the cutlases were also based on early 18th century artwork.

SLICK!, I love the tombstone imagery.....

and it's DEFINITELY period!

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Why, thank you sir!

And I must tell you, I got the idea from your dog skull! I like horses (I have two) and I have a real horse skull I used as a model. But, your flag was the inspiration. :ph34r:

Thank you, Ransom. Have you begun a large scale version of your ensign?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Why, thank you sir!

And I must tell you, I got the idea from your dog skull! I like horses (I have two) and I have a real horse skull I used as a model. But, your flag was the inspiration. :ph34r:

Thank you, Ransom. Have you begun a large scale version of your ensign?

No, not yet. It's on my long list of things I need to make. I don't have much kit, as there aren't any pirates where I live. Most of my pirating I do on the Pub. But I'm working on it, and may try and attend some of the So. Calif. events next year. Hope so anyway.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well, I'm just drafting my colors now. It'll be some time before I have an image to post. For now, all I can do is describe them as planned:

Maroon field with yellow/gold dancing skeletons with interlocking limbs ala Tibetan Citipati (The Lords of The Carnal Grounds). Still debating whether or not to add the symbols of skillful means...

Great to see everyon'e flags and plans... here's mine...The black flag (small version) belonging to our crew "the Heart of Gold' ready to be flown over a certain North West brig. :lol:

Hand sewn linen. The heart be edged in a golden thread, but it is hard to see.

I'm still needing to add the flames on our larger version.

heartofgoldflag_cropped.jpg

Note to False Ransom and any other North West Piraticals. There be plenty of pyrate doin's in and around Portlandia (Portland, OR). We be easy to find...

just lookie here: www.pdxpirate.org, or here... www.underablackflag.org so set yar compass NW! :lol:

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

Well, after finally putting our new flag togeter.

blackflag2rs.jpg

I thought that I had better put up some pictures of the finished item.

So, after spending half an hour in a Very light, gusty breeze, holding up my camera phone, I managed to get a couple of not very good snaps of the flag with the wind behind it.

So, here it is.

flag2pic.jpg

AND

flag3bpic.jpg

Lightning.jpgAhoy Captain Blake Make A Account With Say Photobucket.com Upload Your Photo Or Artwork To It Then Copy The Img Details And Paste It To The Reply Page ? Should Do The Job? :lol:Ahoy Captain Addams Excellent Jolly Roger Looks Very Good

I like your design!

What did you make it out of?

greg aka gof

The fabric is a lightweigt cotton canvas, and I painted the design using acrylic paint mixed with a scrren printing compound to make the design waterproof. This may have been a mistake, since it took three coats of paint (Six after painting both sides.) and the plastic component in the screen printing compound made the design very heavy. To pick out the details, I used a Black perminant felt tip marker.

I used modern paints in order to prolong the life of the flag, but if anyone can suggest an alternative to the acrilic/screenprint compound, that is less heavy, but still waterproof, I would be very greatfull.

• 1 month later...

I used acrylic out of the tube for any painted flags on POTC III. It held up well, but there was some cracking, which turned out to be desirable for a movie. The only time the acrylic failed was when the flag was washed and then thrown into a cement mixer with volcanic rock to age it. Rather extrme, and I'm not sure anything would have held up through that punishment.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

• 3 weeks later...