Post yer colors, mates!

still working on my colors...

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mister Red Wake, sir, I had the immense pleasure o seein your flag at the Escondido fair, it made all the other flags around seem like cheap props at a kiddie's costume party....Scarlet and I spoke to a jeweler about making sterling silver pendants using your design with the crossed swords and even the PTC below....the original mold for the pendants would cost a couple hundred dollars but then the pendants could be had each for only thirty or forty....we figured everyone on the Pub would want one...a collectors item for members and mates of the Pirates of Treasure Cove...more on this later as we work it out with the jeweler...they will look Wayyyyy cool....once we figure it all out we will post a new thread with the info...cheers :unsure:

I'm still in awe of William's magnificent ensign! I fly the Calico Jack every year near Halloween, but I'd gladly purchase and fly the PTC jack! :)

Here's my own feeble effort of reworking my own ensign.

MJ_Ensign2_small.jpg

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I realised that I hadn't posted my Colours on here. Haven't gotten around to making them yet. I have the fabric, just haven't made it.

Rather rudamentary and not as grand as Will's handiwork but here it be...

30cb7458.jpg

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Mister Red Wake, sir, I had the immense pleasure o seein your flag at the Escondido fair, it made all the other flags around seem like cheap props at a kiddie's costume party....

:D

First of all, thank you.

Second, is my face red?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'm inspired by William Red Wakes

flag to make my own colors soon.... :D

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 months later...
The PTC Ensign at Palm Springs...and look...Rob Lowe.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Wil...gs/b1911741.jpg

And either I'm highly imaginative this evening, or the lady standing to Lowe's right (our left) looks remarkably like O-Lan Jones when she was in Edward Scissorhands.

I've designed myself a pirate flag - you can check 'er out in tiny, spritely pixilated art in my avatar. It all started out as a ball-point tattoo I put on my ankle one day.

Been noodlin' on a couple of designs. This one:

PirateFlag00.jpg

or this one:

PirateFlag01.jpg

(If anybody knows how to get a decent trace out of Illustrator, I'd be much obliged. The skull is a scan of a hand sketch. Bitmaps are okay, as far as they go, but to scale the thing up to full flag size it would be nice to convert it to vector.)

Been noodlin' on a couple of designs. This one:

PirateFlag00.jpg

or this one:

PirateFlag01.jpg

(If anybody knows how to get a decent trace out of Illustrator, I'd be much obliged. The skull is a scan of a hand sketch. Bitmaps are okay, as far as they go, but to scale the thing up to full flag size it would be nice to convert it to vector.)

I like the second design. The three cannons is a very nice look.

Tom,

I agree with William. Additionally, I suggest moving the Skull down a bit. Even though it is centered from top to bottom visually it is not. What about tilting the three cannons ...or fanning them ...or

...how about me just shutting my mouth.

Thank you, William and Silkie. I didn't want to post a bazillion variations, but I also was considering the second one, but with the skull in canton (upper left corner). Would make the overall design faintly reminiscent of ... something.... heheheheh.

William, both your designs and your execution set the standard of excellence. Thank you for posting them.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Silkie!

Thank you, William and Silkie. I didn't want to post a bazillion variations, but I also was considering the second one, but with the skull in canton (upper left corner). Would make the overall design faintly reminiscent of ... something.... heheheheh.

William, both your designs and your execution set the standard of excellence. Thank you for posting them.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Silkie!

I can tell you that it involves a seal.

How far from "authentic" would it be if it also involved a Celtic knot and wsn't black? ...don't much about colors. ...or is that I know TOO much about color!

;)

I can tell you that it involves a seal.

How far from "authentic" would it be if it also involved a Celtic knot and wsn't black? ...don't much about colors. ...or is that I know TOO much about color!

Google "rules of heraldry" and you'll probably find out more than you ever wanted to know about that sort of thing. Not that a pirate would be particularly interested in following rules.... <_<

I use WebTV to access the internet, so I don't have any graphics capability at all. I will attempt to describe the flag I envision for Captain Bob:

The flag itself is a rectangle with a height to length ratio of 1:2. The upper left quarter is black and the rest is red. Centered in the black quarter is a white hourglass, signifying that the time to peacefully surrender is limited. In the red field is a cutlass, a scythe (or sickle), and a skull. These last foreshadow the consequences should one fail to surrender peacefully in time. The cutlass represents violence, the scythe (or sickle) represents death, and the skull represents corruption.

If anyone would like to illustrate the described flag, I would be grateful. Alas, I am a terrible seamstress and I will be unlikely to actually make the flag. *shrugs*

Cap'n Bob <_<

• 2 weeks later...

my sincere thanks to William Red Wake for his assistance in getting my flag posted (see above). for those of you who do not know me...

its simple...

"HAVE SKILLS, WILL TRAVEL"

...not interested in being captain, quartermaster will do.

too many captains and not enuf pyrates.

again, i thank ye Sir William and i owe you a tankard of whatever ye be choosin' to drink!

...up close and personal means one of two things:

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

Aye...what does it remind me of?

PirateAmerican.jpg

After many internet and email issues, Capn William's flag is finally complete. The bravado of crossed cannons...

CaptainWilliam.jpg

I think it would make a nice avatar...

CW.jpg

That is an awesome flag, mate! Captain William, you should be proud, and William Redwake, you are a master at making those flags. I tips me hat to ye! :P

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Aye Capn William that Flag is great..never seen one with crossed cannons afore.

William you are really awesome with design, My hats off to ye as well. But I love the last one you posted...Indeed I think that may be my Fave of all... :P:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png