Post yer colors, mates!

So these are your colors, mate? It says a lot about you but mostly it says that you are finally admitting that you are, indeed, a pyrate.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if I had a flag, I would be a captain, something I believe we would all agree I am not qualified for. (Nor interested in as it happens. A land- based surgical practice for someone who has served at sea was often a well paying position.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Since the "Caribbean Siren" got sunk (and soon the "Twilight Shark" will have the same fate) this is the "Rising Sun"s' flag (made by @Swashbuckler 1700)

JoukoRisingsunFlag.jpg

He made also the flag for the French privateer ship "La Chanson", which will be the focus after the "Twilight Shark" gets sunk:

LaChanson_zps95c230c2.jpg

With all my thanks and warmest appreciation for him.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

My goodness but my colors have never been posted here. So a correction is in order. This was taken while flying over Fort Taylor in Key West, Florida.

F110D800DSC_4220_SELECT_TINY_NET-MOTION.

I remember how heavy and inflexible that one was as we were attaching it to the pole, but it filled up with wind at once and furled and unfurled like the best of them. I love seeing the different flags flown at Fort Taylor and I'm starting to recognize them by name.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

It's been washed, slept on, wadded up and folded enough to soften it quite a bit. I'd like to make a really big one (10 x 20 feet) this year. I know that painted and sewn are both historically accurate so I'll make up my mind on that later. I'm leaning toward painted.

Forgot to mention that the flying gif is courtesy of Poppa Ratsey Callahan.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Nope. I use a heavy duty black primer and paint carefully. Steady hands are good for painting, killing and other extra curricular activities.

there was so much weight in canvas and paint when I did that one sided Fort Taylor banner, that we never ran it up the flagpole for fear it would tear out the pins or cleats from the pole.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

12193620_10207814439661750_4699713577501

I just finished making our crew a new flag as the old one was a bit small for our purposes. It's painted on cotton canvas. The skull and crossed swords are obviously taken from the flag (probably erroneously) attributed to Jack Rackham (seemed appropriate given my character name). The stars are for Chicago, our home port, and the Trinacria and Harp are symbols of Sicily and Ireland, respectively, and are indicative of both my and my character's heritage.