William Brand

Post yer colors, mates!

387 posts in this topic

The banner of my crew, The Cursed Few, as designed by Greene, Rackham,& Murther:

CursedFewFlag1.jpg

Edited by Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight those be mighty fine colours.

Very nice work, Nathaniel. It has a classical look. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of making a weathered version.

user posted image

:lol: Very nice mate. That be worthy of a round or five on me. :lol:

It is as lovely as me mum, Gods honest truth that is. Tis fine work you do indeed. Fair winds and following seas mate.

The work was worth the gratitude.

BonesdiscoveryaboutOder.jpg

Nice artwork, Oderlesseye! :ph34r:

Hoisting my Jolly Roger over our boarding school dorm in 1983:

JR.jpg

This flag made its most noteable appearance in December 1985, when I hoisted it on a 5,000 GRT tanker going from the Mediterranean into the Atlantic (i.e. crossing the Gibraltar Strait).

I still wonder to this day why the Limeys didn't challenge us!

:P:P:P thats a really nice one!

PirateFlagofJackWolfe.jpg

©2008 Bright Wolfe Enterprises

Here's one I doodled up recently, in the "classical" white on black. I'm also leaning towards a black on red version...

In the interests of full disclosure, this started as a vague idea for a new tattoo, and just didn't stop.

croppedflag2.jpg

Great detail on the flintlock! very kool !

Hoist'n Me Colors High!

I claim this post in th' name o' Mad L, scourge o'...er...uh...well, at least five o' the seven seas, he be!

flag.jpg

Oh, and don't ye mind me first mate thar, she be of this strange ide'r that it be good fortune what t' let the booty bask in th' sun after a good take she does.

But fret ye not fer I make sure what t' follow th' forum rules and ensure she be fully cover'd, ye see, I have me second mate up in the crow's nest with musket loaded and cock'd and me canon master be at the canon ready t' fire, so covered she be no mat'r what foe may be stalk'n about!

They not be a call'n me 'Mad L' fer nuthin now....

:lol:

ROFLMAO ~! :lol::o:lol:

One crew is under the command of Captain Shite and sails on the Fiddler's Green, the other is under my command and sails on the Fortune. Here is our flag, flown over each ship, and each commander's personal colors.

The Flag of The Cursed Few

CursedFew6.jpg

Hold fast there Captain midnight.

To my Eye there is something familiar about them there Colours of Yorn....

I reckon that I have seen them Cutlasses elsewhere...........

Now where could that be?

Yes, Now I remember !!!!!

blackflag2rs.jpg

ON MY OWN COLORS ! ! ! :rolleyes:

The First Rule of Bein' a Pirate,

:huh: DONT GET CAUGHT ! ! ! ! :huh:

seriously though Captain Midnight, those are nice looking colors I hope that they serve you well.

Since we be marching in a parade today, I thought I should finally get around to making my own colors.

TempusFugit.jpg

Tempus fugit! Memento mori!

Very nice indeed James.

Seeing James flag I decided to review the thread ...we have to stop moving and deleting images ....yes ...I'm guilty as charged.

I just recently received the small scale version of the sign for Black's Coffeehouse from the sign maker. A wonderful piece of work. And to think, he only asked to be paid in coffee :lol:

janusportrait.jpg

and a close-up of the actual image, a Janus Face. Fitting in that it represents looking to the past & the future, something we do a lot of in reenacting.

janusclipart-1.jpg

A Fyne looking sign you have there, lass

:lol::lol::lol:;)

Here be arrr new flag :lol:

IronLotusFlag_3x5.jpg

Black Canvas, blood and black powder-stained white cotton applique-embroider stitched on both sides. ;)

Some excellent new additions to this thread. Very nice.

This thread should become a sticky.

Here is our newest addition.

l_8bce42de5fedc911a1fd96ebcbc74413.jpg

The flag of Captain Jonah Micagie Greene (Captain Midnight). The final version of my flag. I have had two others before this one, that were not quite historical looking enough for me, so I came up with this design that I am finally happy and content with. It's a "done deal" now, as I have also stitched the real-life version in fabric. The design is all stitched to the background on both sides of the flag.

Captain Midnight's Flag

Real Life Version

Here is a pic of my crew's flag in my signature (minus the name and the green field. I actually want to pick some peoples minds on ideas and where is a good place to get a great price on getting this done. Trying to keep this on the hush hush so I can surprise my crew with it. I am debating on keeping the original blue and orange, or go with a simple black and white. Also again if any of ya have an idea of a good place to get this done it would be very much appreciated (would love to get it done before LI Pirate Fest).