Post yer colors, mates!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat the Knife Bright did you get your name from the colors that you wear? Or are you just that smart? :)

There was a young lady named Bright

Whose speed was much faster than light;

She set out one day,

In a relative way

And returned on the previous night.

Edited by Bright

• 1 month later...

Here is the updated version of the flag of my crew, The Cursed Few, as designed by Greene, Rackham, and Murther. The swords on the older version were originally borrowed from a design by Tall Paul; they have since been replaced with these, which are an accurate representation of the distinctive short sword issued to each member of The Cursed Few. This personalizes our flag more, and avoids any conflict with anyone else's design.

CursedFewFlag3.jpg

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 1 month later...

Seems Our band of bucaneers is growing quite global and in the interest of less confusion and proper intedification it may not be a bad Idea to have a registry of sorts to keep track of who is flying what colors.

All comments welcome.

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

• 5 weeks later...

Imitation is the finest form of flattery. That said, I honestly wish people would stop stealing my ensign. I have now seen my crossed pistols flag hijacked and claimed by a half dozen people. A paintball company took it and traded out the flintlocks for paintball guns. One guy put it up and facebook, and (without any alteration whatsoever) claimed to have drawn it himself.

Bloody pirates.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Here is a picture of the wonderful flag that William Red Wake made for our pirate group, Pirates of Treasure Cove.

Sorry didn't have time to play around and make it bigger,it's a huge flag.

PiratesofTreasureCove.jpg

The flag is huge, and thank you. That one was a pleasure to make. Does it fly often?

PTCSalute.jpg

• 1 year later...

Aye.

So far it's been used for everything from a flyfishing website to promos for some four different bands. The only time I'm ever bothered is one someone posts it unchanged and claims that they drew it themselves.

EDIT: Make that five bands...

418572_375188545828493_100000120516746_1641143_1214692204_n.jpg

The flag is huge, and thank you. That one was a pleasure to make. Does it fly often?
[/CODE]

Eye have seen it at Escondido Ren fair and Oceanside Harbor Days.. The Flag still flies on those occasions.

PTCSalute.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

This is the "Caribbean Siren's"

mermaidflag.gif

And this is the "Twilight Shark's"

PrivateerFlag.png

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

• 2 years later...

My goodness but my colors have never been posted here. So a correction is in order. This was taken while flying over Fort Taylor in Key West, Florida.

F110D800DSC_4220_SELECT_TINY_NET-MOTION.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

OI-ROGR-B.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG