Post yer colors, mates!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flag of Captain Jonah Micagie Greene (Captain Midnight). The final version of my flag. I have had two others before this one, that were not quite historical looking enough for me, so I came up with this design that I am finally happy and content with. It's a "done deal" now, as I have also stitched the real-life version in fabric. The design is all stitched to the background on both sides of the flag.

Captain Midnight's Flag

Real Life Version

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a pic of my crew's flag in my signature (minus the name and the green field. I actually want to pick some peoples minds on ideas and where is a good place to get a great price on getting this done. Trying to keep this on the hush hush so I can surprise my crew with it. I am debating on keeping the original blue and orange, or go with a simple black and white. Also again if any of ya have an idea of a good place to get this done it would be very much appreciated (would love to get it done before LI Pirate Fest).

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Here is a pic of my crew's flag in my signature (minus the name and the green field. I actually want to pick some peoples minds on ideas and where is a good place to get a great price on getting this done. Trying to keep this on the hush hush so I can surprise my crew with it. I am debating on keeping the original blue and orange, or go with a simple black and white. Also again if any of ya have an idea of a good place to get this done it would be very much appreciated (would love to get it done before LI Pirate Fest).

...It's going to be hard to keep hush hush when a bunch of us are regulars in the pub, my dear. That and you coming out to the living room and telling. ;P

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Eye finally gotz it made! YArrrr!

IMG_2152.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

oh look at the pretty! I mean, um, fearsome sight!

'Tis a beautiful thing, that is.

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

• 4 months later...

Doesn't it look like you could just crawl into his skull with a comfy blanky and look out dreamily out to sea from the star that's been carved from his forehead? Plus, if anyone tried to bother, it can shoot 'em without leaving the comfy spot... =)

Too many flags, too little time spent actually sewing them . . .

I will use these two:

One of my favorites from history-

moodypirate.jpg

I like how the crossed bones imitate the Scot saltire on this one:

810f_1.jpg

(Plus my lazy-rump doesn't have to actually sew them up! OK, so they are poly-something, cheap, and thin . . . )

One of the ones I want to make sooner than later is:

- A blue/white Scot Saltire with a PC skull emblazoned on the center.

--- If I get smart and finish all my needed projects, I'll be bringing that one to Lockhouse in July to start/finish.

Plus, I have several stretches of weight wool in black/dark navy. I just need to decide what to do and how.

- Some will be the sewn and cut-out style

- Some will be straight-out painted (using acrylic art paint)

- At least one will be a solid black/navy

- A tartan one with a winged hourglass

-- That will be a LARGE one, using some cotton black with a small red and yellow sett.

- One in Wallace tartan, with an arm and sword (like in the Wallace clan crest).

--- Based on the material at-hand, that one will be a heavy cotton and be 2 x 3 and will be used at car shows and Scottish Games.

- One on green with arm with dagger (ala Gunn clan crest)

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I suppose this one qualifies.

The Logo of the UK Pirate Brotherhood.

ukpiratebrors-web.jpg

I came up with this when it struck me that the space in the pre 1801 Union Jack that would eventually be occupied by the St Patrick's cross, could be filled with cross-bones.

Then I prettied it up for the web forum

parchmentscrollsmall.gif

BTW, Although the site is geared up for British pirate enthusiasts, and is perhaps the poor English cousin to this site, I am more than happy to welcome input from anybody who has something to say.

• 9 months later...

William Red Wake is unquestionably the king of creating magnificent Jolly Rogers. Indeed, the only thing that could possibly be said against his work is that it is better than most pirates armed with just a needle, thread, and dyed cloth could possibly have managed.

My own avatar, the flag of Maureen MacLinden and her crew, the Cutlass' Daughters, obviously suffers in comparison: here's the close-up.

JollyRoger.jpg

Here's mine. The Pirates of Ill Repute. Landlocked pirates we be, sailin' the high plains!

I favor a simple, traditional style flag, but with a fun Colorado twist. It's been referred to as our "Jolly Bison."

JollyRogerOfIllRepute.jpg?t=1269412004

And below, the "Brethren of the Plains" banner I created. The Brethren of the Plains is a loose association of landlocked buccaneers I'm trying to assemble from the crews of various pirate groups throughout Colorado, the Rockies, and the Great Plains. Check out the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=348081475169

18654_493936005423_819650423_10953604_4673848_n.jpg

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Ooooh. I dig the thistle motif.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Here's mine. The Pirates of Ill Repute. Landlocked pirates we be, sailin' the high plains!

I favor a simple, traditional style flag, but with a fun Colorado twist. It's been referred to as our "Jolly Bison."

My first impression of the meaning of that flag was "Cut the Bull Shyte" LoL

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."