Post yer colors, mates!

Very nice sign Captain Midnight. I'm assuming this is the computerized version & you'll have a live one as well?

Aye, Chole, this is the computerized version. The real version hangs from an iron bracket in the front eave of my shop...thank you for your compliments! :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banner of my crew, The Cursed Few, as designed by Greene, Rackham,& Murther:

CursedFewFlag1.jpg

Edited by Captain Midnight

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Captain Midnight those be mighty fine colours.

Very nice work, Nathaniel. It has a classical look. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of making a weathered version.

user posted image

:lol: Very nice mate. That be worthy of a round or five on me. :lol:

It is as lovely as me mum, Gods honest truth that is. Tis fine work you do indeed. Fair winds and following seas mate.

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

BonesdiscoveryaboutOder.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...
Hoisting my Jolly Roger over our boarding school dorm in 1983:

JR.jpg

This flag made its most noteable appearance in December 1985, when I hoisted it on a 5,000 GRT tanker going from the Mediterranean into the Atlantic (i.e. crossing the Gibraltar Strait).

I still wonder to this day why the Limeys didn't challenge us!

:P:P:P thats a really nice one!

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work Mr. Wolfe. Fine hand ya have there.

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

• 2 weeks later...

Great detail on the flintlock! very kool !

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Hoist'n Me Colors High!

I claim this post in th' name o' Mad L, scourge o'...er...uh...well, at least five o' the seven seas, he be!

flag.jpg

Oh, and don't ye mind me first mate thar, she be of this strange ide'r that it be good fortune what t' let the booty bask in th' sun after a good take she does.

But fret ye not fer I make sure what t' follow th' forum rules and ensure she be fully cover'd, ye see, I have me second mate up in the crow's nest with musket loaded and cock'd and me canon master be at the canon ready t' fire, so covered she be no mat'r what foe may be stalk'n about!

They not be a call'n me 'Mad L' fer nuthin now....

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

ROFLMAO ~! :lol::o:lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg

That thar be a remarkable tattoo that one 'ass. Err 'as. :lol:

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

One crew is under the command of Captain Shite and sails on the Fiddler's Green, the other is under my command and sails on the Fortune. Here is our flag, flown over each ship, and each commander's personal colors.

The Flag of The Cursed Few

CursedFew6.jpg

Hold fast there Captain midnight.

To my Eye there is something familiar about them there Colours of Yorn....

I reckon that I have seen them Cutlasses elsewhere...........

Now where could that be?

Yes, Now I remember !!!!!

blackflag2rs.jpg

ON MY OWN COLORS ! ! ! :rolleyes:

The First Rule of Bein' a Pirate,

:huh: DONT GET CAUGHT ! ! ! ! :huh:

seriously though Captain Midnight, those are nice looking colors I hope that they serve you well.

• 2 months later...

I just recently received the small scale version of the sign for Black's Coffeehouse from the sign maker. A wonderful piece of work. And to think, he only asked to be paid in coffee :lol:

janusportrait.jpg

and a close-up of the actual image, a Janus Face. Fitting in that it represents looking to the past & the future, something we do a lot of in reenacting.

janusclipart-1.jpg

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog