Post yer colors, mates!

Over the years there have been many contributions to this topic, proving that one can create an all original design with a little effort and the help of others. In the interest of making it easier search through the designs posted here, I offer a cross section of designs as a sort of flag registry. I'll keep adding flags to this first post, so that people can see what's out there in the pirate community.

I started the topic years ago with my own design I refer to as the 'crossed pistols'. This was for my own fictional character 'Redwake'.

RedwakeCrossedPistols.jpg

Capn Enigma

Capn-Enigma_zpse245ea9a.jpg

Captain Galvin St. Paul

CaptainGalvonStPaul_zps1560c644.jpg

Half Moon Marauders

HalfMoonMarauders_zps3b61e65f.jpg

Captain Alva

CaptainAlva_zps65dad26a.jpg

Long Tom's two flags

LongTom-01_zps8a2f26cb.jpg

LongTom-02_zps41a20f7a.jpg

Siren Song

SirenSong_zps8d34dd6e.gif

Sheppey Pirates

SheppeyPirates_zps4276ff56.jpg

Shipwreck John

ShipwreckJohn_zps3f1a6362.gif

Kidd Dread

KiddDread_zpsfaa8e73e.jpg

Captain McCool's Jolly Roger Of Ill Repute

Captain-McCool-JollyRogerOfIllRepute_zps

Bilgemunkey

Bilgemunky_zps54423afa.jpg

Heart of Gold

HeartofGold_zpsc9f1324a.jpg

The Watch Dog

WilliamPace-WatchDog_zpsb9960e7c.jpg

Black Heart Mac

BlackHeartMac_zps9ec5cf32.jpg

Tall Paul

CaptainTallPaulAdams_zpsa330f31e.jpg

Lazarus Gage

LazarusGagesFlag_zpsbc961ca2.jpg

Abrams

Abrams_zpscd2d67ab.jpg

Carrion

TarBucketBill-Carrion_zps4f98f24e.jpg

Cutlass Daughters

[imghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/WilliamRedWake/Pirate%20Flags%20Registry/Daniel-CutlassDaughters_zpsed916421.jpg[/img]

Kenneth_zps305f0e1c.jpg

Captain William

WilliamPace-CaptainWilliam_zpsdf4f4060.j

Nathaniel Cross

NathanielCross_zpsa5726362.jpg

flag_zpsc6fb05ca.jpg

Pirates of Treasure Cove

WilliamPace-PiratesOfTreasureCove_zpsa9b

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last pirate flag I made was 14 feet by 8. B)

pirate%20Flag%20PF.jpg

fightingtop.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Everything wot flies on our mizzen gaff is either 8 X 12 or 10 X 16. Just finishing a cotton, 'Sons of Liberty' flag for the Tallships events this year, with a new 10 X 16 Black Jollyin the works............The Royaliste ensign that made it to Hampton last year still bears everyone's signatures, but the damn nylon has faded from red to almost pink............ B)

Hoisting my Jolly Roger over our boarding school dorm in 1983:

JR.jpg

This flag made its most noteable appearance in December 1985, when I hoisted it on a 5,000 GRT tanker going from the Mediterranean into the Atlantic (i.e. crossing the Gibraltar Strait).

I still wonder to this day why the Limeys didn't challenge us!

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Hoisting my Jolly Roger over our boarding school dorm in 1983:

JR.jpg

This flag made its most noteable appearance in December 1985, when I hoisted it on a 5,000 GRT tanker going from the Mediterranean into the Atlantic (i.e. crossing the Gibraltar Strait).

I still wonder to this day why the Limeys didn't challenge us!

Nobody messes with pirates.

Except other pirates.

Cap'n Enigma,

Ben't that Captain Fallow's Jolly Roger from "The Crimson Pirate?"

Arrr, sharp eyes, ye got!

Aye, that flag be based on Captain Vallo's flag from said movie. Difference is that the dagger's handle be pointing away from the flagstaff.

T'was this movie that be my gateway drug to piracy and it made a big impression on me... quite literally: I also have this Jolly Roger as a tattoo on my left upper arm. B)

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

I recently finished one of two flags for myself. I call this one the crossed pistols.

photo-1471.gif

Now I need to recreate it on a piece of weathered canvas about 8 feet by 12 feet for my wall. Aye. I'm planning a big cuss of a flag.

If you run into trouble or just would like to have someone do it for(Canvas Flag) we do a lot of airbrush work for Haunts and the like.

~Barbosa

The Iron Hook

iron_hook_banner.jpg

We'll be flying this at the Key West festival later this year. This will be our first there, from what I have seen in pics it's looks to be a great time. Still need a tent suitable for the event, anyone know where I can find one? Suitable pole as well, something that won't be blown to hell and gone if it gets nasty.

Don't think the image is going to post but I'll try.

{option}http://www.creepy-ts.com/hook_flag.jpg

iron_hook_banner.jpg

I recently finished one of two flags for myself.  I call this one the crossed pistols.

photo-1471.gif

Now I need to recreate it on a piece of weathered canvas about 8 feet by 12 feet for my wall.  Aye.  I'm planning a big cuss of a flag.

If you run into trouble or just would like to have someone do it for(Canvas Flag) we do a lot of airbrush work for Haunts and the like.

~Barbosa

The Iron Hook

I appreciate that mate, but as an artist myself I've handled many a banner and flag.

Still, that be some fine work on your site. Damn fine work. I want the hook gift set! Collect them all!

delux.jpg

I recently finished one of two flags for myself.  I call this one the crossed pistols.

photo-1471.gif

Now I need to recreate it on a piece of weathered canvas about 8 feet by 12 feet for my wall.  Aye.  I'm planning a big cuss of a flag.

~Barbosa

The Iron Hook

I appreciate that mate, but as an artist myself I've handled many a banner and flag.

Still, that be some fine work on your site. Damn fine work. I want the hook gift set! Collect them all!

delux.jpg

Thank you, we'll have them, or at least one in Key West.

I do have one hook on ebay as well. How in blazes did you get the photo to post, trying to get the flag pic up with no luck.

iron_hook_banner.jpg