EBAY leather bottles!!

fergal

hi all! Fergal the Botteler at yer service ( aka Shane Stainton, at least thats what mum kept tellin me)

I specialize in medieval leatherwork specifically bottles and tankards (them tankards coming soon!)

BUT keep in mind that the bottles I make are actually period for you folk! they were in heavy use in the UK from the 11th to the 18th century!

the listing I have up today that ends in a few hours is for a set of 6 bottles, so if yer needin to bribe....err motivate the crew this is a good-un

if you like the bottles but dont fancy buying a TON of them then feel free to contact me via the listing, my email addy, or via my website just call me! im usually in the shop.

Ill be leaving this Tuesday morning with a quick stop off to the post office and then abroad until next saturday so if youve read this and wish to contact me email will be the only medium Ill be able to communicate until I return.

also, if you need something made and its leather, yes I can do it, yes boots too, yes, guantlet gloves too, yep that too, yup even that :lol: just keep in mind that my turnaround time is currently mid june to mid july depending on the work commissioned, and yep referances are gladly provided upon request.

ok with no more further guilding o the lily here ya go

the ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5574346493

me website

www.granddesignworkshop.com

also I make costrels as well. * look in the bottles subsection of the folio page if yer wondering what a costrel is...short definition is that its made for folks that REALLY like their beer hehe *

thanks for reading this whole darn thing.

Yours in Service

Shane Stainton

sorry William was messing about with the dogs *feedin time* straps allow the bottle to drape with the top of the bottle about shortrib high from my shoulder and Im a fairly tall fella, can be made longewr or shorter to your specs. no the "cork" is rolled vegtan held in place with cutnails BUT a I can do a hand carved wooden stopper no problemo.

if your interested paypal me 45 for the bottle to shane@granddesignworkshop.com. expect it in about two weeks, Ive got the blanks in stock just need to yde wax, cork and ship yours after I return from the far flung lands of Syracuse this next sat.

S.

nope that IS the real bottle B)

generally using lasts *wooden molds* is usually only found with bombards *a type of tankard* and footwear.

I make those by soaking em and pounding the living shinola outta them as I fill them with sand. so when someone tells me to "go pound sand, I gleefully tell them, hey I just got off work"

lined with beeswax, mead, yep they sure are. know whats fun? when your holding one in your hand it doesnt look all that large, then when someone offers to fill er up at a event. (holds over a liter) ya get some strange looks and glances under the bottle to make sure there isnt a hole lol. whats REALLY funny is the costrels *they hold up to 3 liters* people are so used to tall = big when it comes to liquid containers *snickers*

ask any merchant man in his broad beamed lil fat merchants ship about wide containers hehe

S.

no problem! I can definately have one to you by pensic.and I recommend sticking with the brownish cuirboilli, athough it limits color choices the darn things are indestructable.

:)

but if you REALLY want I can dye just about any color you wish.

YISTTD

Fergal the Botteler

Shane Stainton