movie quotes game

Fancy

Blue's clues!

Ok, now I think I know it, but since I haven't seen it (and probably won't any time soon), I feel I'd be cheating.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I think you should post another quote.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's really been on life support for several months anyhow. Who the hell is Uwe Boll?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah...that may explain why I don't recognize the quote. I haven't seen many video games made into movie movies. I try not to stray too far from old movies re-done as new movies (they're already re-re-making Mr. & Mrs. Smith! Is this trip really necessary?), rides made into movies (Will there ever be a Haunted Mansion 2? We can only hope not.), cartoons made into live action movies (Clutch Cargo anyone?) or toys turned into films. (Ok, for the record, I don't see how Transformers II was all that much worse than the first one. The juvenile humor was a lot more apparent, but other than that...more of same IMO.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aww. I was going to post an audio quote, but I can't find it on-line. I may still get it off the DVD.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

"Well, you see, I didn't know where your office was. So I asked the newsboy. He didn't know. So I asked the fireman, the green grocerer, the butcher, the baker, they didn't know! But the liquor store guy... he knew!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, at first I thought...no, I better not say that, cuz it just might be a clue...but this is from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"...

Can I have Jessica as my prize? ("We wants the redhead!")

"Well, you see, I didn't know where your office was. So I asked the newsboy. He didn't know. So I asked the fireman, the green grocerer, the butcher, the baker, they didn't know! But the liquor store guy... he knew!"

Damn, thats sharp!

Somehow I doubt it. :blink:

789237218_l.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

Even tho I don't get the redhead...

"Now here is a little peninsula and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland."

As a hint, I will say this simple line will lead to no end of confusion on the part of the characters involved...

Damn, thats sharp!

The Cocoanuts

Why a duck?

...my favorite Marx brothers movie.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nuts...

well, that didn't take long.

The Cocoanuts

Why a duck?

I'm all right. How are you? I say here is a little peninsula, and here's a viaduct leading over to the mainland.

...my favorite Marx brothers movie.

Damn, thats sharp!

The movies that I know, I usually know really well. :lol: (Where would Bugs Bunny have been without the Marx brothers?) I actually have a whole picture book containing some of their best riffs that's named... Why a Duck?

Gee, now I have to come up with another quote.

"He's not as tough as he thinks."

"Neither are we."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The movies that I know, I usually know really well. :( (Where would Bugs Bunny have been without the Marx brothers?) I actually have a whole picture book containing some of their best riffs that's named... Why a Duck?

"Neither are we."

Mark, you will laugh at my answer. Paul Newman and Robert Redford... in... Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

It really was the first thing that came to mind. Funny that. Oh well. Maybe someone else will guess it.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

The movies that I know, I usually know really well. B) (Where would Bugs Bunny have been without the Marx brothers?) I actually have a whole picture book containing some of their best riffs that's named... Why a Duck?

"Neither are we."

Mark, you will laugh at my answer. Paul Newman and Robert Redford... in... Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

It really was the first thing that came to mind. Funny that. Oh well. Maybe someone else will guess it.

But...but... I think I'll give it to you on a technicality. Right people, wrong movie.

(Who are those guys? :( )

Mission_banner5.JPG

John? Johhhhhhhn? Oh, well. That was from The Sting, which is one of my five favorite movies EVER.

Since John gave it away and didn't take credit, here's another one, in honor of Captain Sterling's laptop. It could be challenging unless you know the movie.

"Bring around...the loaner." (Speaker rolls eyes.)

"The loaner? The loaner?"

"It's a classic."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, it is.

Mission_banner5.JPG