movie quotes game

Fancy

Damn! And I JUST watched "Hatari" not too long ago! Excellent quote!

I think I know the next one but I'm going to have to go home and watch it tonight.

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Well, those are more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Mostly they're to keep people from posting something and then walking away without a peep or folks posting multiple quotes for guessing which just creates rampant confusion over turns. (Alas, there must be some semblance of order to make a game work.)

I'd say you can give up prodding us along when it seems hopeless. About a week of trying seems pretty fair to me.

I think I've seen the movie you're quoting, but the WWII films all tend to get mixed up together for me. (Especially anything with Wayne in it.) But if I had to take a W.A. guess, I'd say The Dirty Dozen.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

No it ain't the dirty dozen I think I'll drop one more hint the stine is on the mantle.

No it ain't the dirty dozen I think I'll drop one more hint the stine is on the mantle.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I thought I recalled it and I went home and watched the movie again. It is definitely a great movie with some fantastic lines. I went to see "Memphis Belle" hoping that it would be as good as "TOH" but it just couldn't measure up.

How about this one:

First speaker: You ever think you'll live to make corporal?

Second speaker: Baby, I just want to live long enough to make civilian.

What is this? The all WWII movies, all the time version of movie quotes? :lol::D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Get one right and you can put up whatever quote you want!

:lol:

They're so similar that I can't keep 'em straight.

Mission_banner5.JPG

This one is a little off the wall . . . it was more of a psychological study when it was first made but then has made a comeback as a B-rated war movie because no one kept up the copyrights on it. It was made in 1945, released on Christmas Day, and has a star-studded cast, for the time, Dana Andrews, Richard Conte, Lloyd Bridges. The subject is a historical invasion but it's not one that has been featured very much in film.

I'd definitely have to look that up and that's cheating.

Tonight I am planning to watch a movie called "Invasion USA"...with the help of Crow, Tom and Mike Nelson. :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL! I was sitting here thinking that sure sounded familiar when I realized who your "buddies" are! Enjoy!

By the way, the movie I quoted from is centered around the Salerno invasion. If that helps.

Oh crap I can't think of the name but isn't that the one were the reporter lands with the invasion force takes a jeep all the way into town but the general won't budge from the beach head till he has more troops.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Not to get OT...oh, what the hell. Invasion USA was one creepy movie. Even Crow, Tom and Mike couldn't hide that fact. Plus it was the purest propaganda which makes it doubly creepy.

However, the unrelated short was hilarious. It was called

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay, the flick was "A Walk in the Sun."

So, to celebrate the season . . .

"We who walk here, walk alone."

Okay, okay, it was the original "The Haunting".

How about this one -

"We've an old proverb in England that says, 'Those who sail without oars stay on good terms with the wind'."

• 2 months later...

"Darling, I don't know how to tell you this but...there's a Chinese family in our bathroom."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Not even close. ;) It's much more recent than that.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, that's the one. It's always good to see Zooey Deschanel in a quirky role. (Not that she really plays anything in any other kind of role.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

If the Matrix movies were comedies, I'd guess them. But they aren't. (Don't know.)

Mission_banner5.JPG