movie quotes game

Fancy

"Well, we are doing the work of pathetic, lazy morons."

So no guesses? This was just glossed over then I assume . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Pew,

Go back and check the Articles that Mission put up. I think you got passed over and then we started the thread again. For the millionth time.

"Adventureland"

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Duchess, that has to be your post-apocalyptic guitar movie, Six String Samurai. (Did you make that poll up on your FB or did you find it somewhere. It gave me an idea...)

Ok, as to the articles, they are posted on this page of the thread, but I'll re-post them here.

1. As long as the game is active, new quotes can only be posted by the person guessing the previously posted quote correctly.

2. If no one guesses a quote within one week of its posting, the previous quote is forfeited and a new quote can be posted by the first person to notice this.

3. If no one can guess a quote within 48 hours of posting, the quote poster must give a hint or forfeit their turn.

4. If someone guesses a quote, the quote poster must respond within 48 hours of forfeit their turn.

5. No one can exclude Duchess from guessing, not even Mission.

The problem with this thread is that if no one can guess your quote and you don't give us hints, the thread disappears, sometimes for months at a time. (Look at the dates.) So we made up some guidelines. (I wish I could sticky them inside the thread, but that doesn't work. Yet.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I had a feeling...I may copy it and gussy it up even more. (When is the last time you had a hug? Does my cat count?)

Ahem. I had an easier quote before, but I feel cranky now. This long quote looks easy, but Google won't help you a whit. But I'll give you a hint right off the bat, even though it won't help...much - this was released in 1967.

"Ok, all right, I'm sorry I ran away. You can take me back to Washington."

"Those are not my orders."

"Oh, really? You mean I'm free?"

"My orders are to kill you."

"What?!"

*Gun clicks...repeatedly...on an empty magazine.*

"Valentine... Valentine! You got any Magnum .44s"

"There's some on the boat."

"Too late for that. I promised Helen I wouldn't work late. Give me your gun!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay...I'll be taking a wild and scattered broadside at this one...

Just a guess, mark ye, but I'm sayin" "The President's Analyst", with James Coburn.

I had a feeling...I may copy it and gussy it up even more. (When is the last time you had a hug? Does my cat count?)

Ahem. I had an easier quote before, but I feel cranky now. This long quote looks easy, but Google won't help you a whit. But I'll give you a hint right off the bat, even though it won't help...much - this was released in 1967.

"Ok, all right, I'm sorry I ran away. You can take me back to Washington."

"Those are not my orders."

"Oh, really? You mean I'm free?"

"My orders are to kill you."

"What?!"

*Gun clicks...repeatedly...on an empty magazine.*

"Valentine... Valentine! You got any Magnum .44s"

"There's some on the boat."

"Too late for that. I promised Helen I wouldn't work late. Give me your gun!"

Damn, thats sharp!

Yes, that is it. Now honestly, were you able to look it up? (I thought this was a really arcane movie - I wouldn't have known about it if Netflix hadn't recommeded it to me.)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

LOL! I'm not sure why, Good Surgeon, but for some reason that particular movie has had a rebirth of interest in the recent past. I think that it may have something to do with a James Corburn marathon on TBS or something but the movie was all the rage there for a while a couple of months back. I always thought it was a hilarious movie.

Cap'n? You're up!

I'll be teeling ye my secret...

It was the "1967" hint that gave it away. There was just...something...about the quotes and the date that whispered to me "James Coburn...James Coburn". Had to be either his Flint movies or the one with him being a presidential shrink...and a quick check on Amazon told me the shrink movie was from the hinted date. So...amazingly, I didn't cheat...well, much...

Yes, that is it. Now honestly, were you able to look it up? (I thought this was a really arcane movie - I wouldn't have known about it if Netflix hadn't recommeded it to me.)

Damn, thats sharp!

And now, since I'm up, here's a multi-quote...

"We need a body...anybody's body!"

"Can you get one from Gusto the Body-Snatcher?"

"He owes me a favor!!! But he died yesterday."

"What about his body?"

"Somebody snatched it."

The movie is one of my favorites...

Damn, thats sharp!

Is that "History of the World, Part I"??

I agree with you, Mr. Mission! I definitely enjoyed the Flint films but it was a completely different strain of humor.

Nope, sorry...but ye're thinking along the right lines...

Its another 1960's film, released in 1966...if that helps...

And as a further hint, here's another quote...one of the most memorable lines of the movie...

"I am a parade!" (and yes indeed, the glorious soldier who said that *is* a blowhard...)

Is that "History of the World, Part I"??

I agree with you, Mr. Mission! I definitely enjoyed the Flint films but it was a completely different strain of humor.

Damn, thats sharp!

• 2 weeks later...

As per the articles I'm posting a new quote,

"My name is Francisco Garcia Lopez and I do not wear pajamas."

Ok no quesses so here's a hint. For those who've been around awhile I've abused this movie twice before I belive. For those who are somewhat newer DANGER

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Nope that's not it, here's another hint or more precisley another quote from the movie.

"Plasma isn't working I need whole blood!"

Any rules on when to give up the answer and post anew?

1. As long as the game is active, new quotes can only be posted by the person guessing the previously posted quote correctly.

2. If no one guesses a quote within one week of its posting, the previous quote is forfeited and a new quote can be posted by the first person to notice this.

3. If no one can guess a quote within 48 hours of posting, the quote poster must give a hint or forfeit their turn.

4. If someone guesses a quote, the quote poster must respond within 48 hours of forfeit their turn.

5. No one can exclude Duchess from guessing, not even Mission.

Not specifically . . . but I would think that No. 2 covers it and if a week goes by then YOU can give out the answer and then provide a new quote.

The answer is"Hatari". I thought I'd given it away with the "DANGER" hint. Oh well quess I'm odd. LOL Here goes my next shot,

(Actor#1)" My glasses foged up but I'm pretty sure I got a piece of one!"

(Actor#2) "Ours or theirs?" Now I no longer have this movie and google isn't helping me so just in case my memory doesn't serve here's an opening hint. Uber famous b/w WWII film.

Edited by hitman