movie quotes game

Fancy

Some of them. I could probably recite the entire script to GBU with a little prompting...

It's time for an audio daily double. If you get it on this one, you're good.

Movie Sound Clip

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

two seconds...and one word...you have some high expectations there.

I said if you could get it on that one, you were good. :unsure: Someone got the Animal House soundbite on the phrase "Oh my God!" (It's not what is said, it's how it's said.)

If no one gets it by tomorrow, I'll post another soundbite.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

LOL! Great clue! I got it but want to let others play along for awhile so I'm going to sit back and enjoy. I will say this, the guy making the comment can take on a whole street full of cops with nothing but a song!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 2 weeks later...

That's gotta be either "Platoon" or "Full Metal Jacket."

Flipping a coin - "Platoon."

I'll take tails and say Full Metal Jacket for that one.

"Get Some!!!"

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

"He's dead Jim."

("He's worse than dead...his brain is gone!" ;) )

1. As long as the game is active, new quotes can only be posted by the person guessing the previously posted quote correctly.

2. If no one guesses a quote within one week of its posting, the previous quote is forfeited and a new quote can be posted by the first person to notice this.

3. If no one can guess a quote within 48 hours of posting, the quote poster must give a hint or forfeit their turn.

4. If someone guesses a quote, the quote poster must respond within 48 hours of forfeit their turn.

5. No one can exclude Duchess from guessing, not even Mission.

Ok, you guys, if this happens again, I say just look it up after a day or two. That is from Full Metal Jerkit, which means Iron John is correct. (By rights, I should just go ahead and hijack this thread...but I won't. You guys guessed correctly.)

Edited by Raphael Misson

Ok then -

"Has anybody here read a real book about vampires, or are we just remembering what a movie said? I mean a real book."

"You mean like a Time-Life book?"

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

That's right - your turn.

I was having True Blood withdrawals so I watched from Dusk til Dawn on Sunday instead!

Jonathan Washbourne

Wow . . . if it's the one I'm thinking of, that is an oldy but a goody!

I think that's "Wizards" right at the climax of the film. Am I right?

First speaker: What do I want? I want respect! Respect for human life and respect for American property! And I'm going to send the Atlantic Squadron to Morocco to get that respect.

Second speaker: That's illegal.

First speaker: Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?

One of the best movies ever made . . .

Wind and the lion

First speaker: What do I want? I want respect! Respect for human life and respect for American property! And I'm going to send the Atlantic Squadron to Morocco to get that respect.

Second speaker: That's illegal.

First speaker: Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?

One of the best movies ever made . . .