movie quotes game

Fancy

Ah, Mancini. I will add it to my list.

"Damn! Come back from the grave and ran out of ammunition!"

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Now that's one that escapes me . . .

Is it from "Shaun of the Dead"?

No, but that's a good guess. Definitely in the right direction. It's a movie from the 80s, featuring several TV actors.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Is it a comedy? I'm still at a loss but I'd have another guess if it was a comedy.

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Is it a comedy? I'm still at a loss but I'd have another guess if it was a comedy.

It is an alleged comedy/horror movie in the vein of the ED movies. It features veterans of Cheers, Night Court and The Greatest American Zero.

Edited by Raphael Misson

Ok, there seem to be no takers. That one is from the movie House (1986) starring William Katt, George Wendt and Richard Moll. My friend and I thought that line was really funny.

How about this one?

"We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin."

"Well I got the sh!t kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!"

(Oh, speaking of WI, all you Wisconsin fans should check out the MSTK3 version of the movie Giant Spider Invasion. Packers!)

"Hard to believe, isn't it, that beneath this wrinkled well-fed exterior there lies a dangerous killing machine with a fetish for . . ."

There if you don't get this Ill post another quote tomorrow that will give it away if you have ever seen the movie.

This one is dedicated to the Viceroy

id.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting another hint but here goes . . .

"Voila

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity is a vestige of the vox populi now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance a vendetta held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you . . ."

id.jpg

I only saw the movie a couple of times but with all of the "v's" I'm going to guess "V for Vendetta".

Here's one from a movie that comes from a book and it is the book that seems to be a potent seer of the way our Country is moving.

"You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?"

Hint time!

This line was given by a guy that played Captain Kidd to a guy that played Blackbeard!

Ho's THAT for a piratical hint?!?

Still no guesses, eh? Okay, this should make it easy -

Charles Laughton, Laurence Olivier, Tony Curtis, Jean Simons, Kirk Douglas, and Peter Ustinov.

And since I *am* up...and have been since 6.15 am this morning...here is my ever so glorious quote...guess it if ye dare!

"...That's so. Even a tramp like me, no matter what happens, I know there's always a brother who won't refuse me a bowl of soup."

Damn, thats sharp!

The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

I love Tuco. One of the great pirate characters of all time.

Yeah, Cap'n Bob, you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get ahead of these seadogs! They know their flicks.