movie quotes game

Fancy

Adaption, with Nic Cage?

Here's mine...

"Sergeant, you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't. Who falls out of a chopper, or why. It ain't up to you. It's just war.

When I get home and people ask me,'Hey, why do you do it, man? Why? You some kind of war junkie?' I won't say a word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Black Hawk Down

I knew a guy who was over there when that happened. He said that movie was a pretty good depiction of what was going on at the time.

Ok, pick the right one...

"Perhaps the gigawatt discharge coupled with the temporal displacement field generated by the time vehicle caused a disruption of my own brain waves, resulting in a condition of momentary amnesia."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Uh, Part 2? The only one I haven't seen a ba-zillion times...

(Black Hawk Down was an EXCELLENT depiction of combat in general)

Here's mine...

"Whhooooaaaa!! In Latin, Jehovah begins with an 'I'...!"

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Uh, Part 2?  The only one I haven't seen a ba-zillion times...

Nope, part III. It's in the letter that Marty reads from doc (with Doc voicing-over.) Part II...well, it sort of sucked, didn't it?

Christine has left us quoteless...

Here's a goofy one I've been waiting to spring on ya's (I may have butchered the least interesting line...it's been a long time since I've seen it):

"There can't be a race...if there isn't a river!"

"What are you saying, Major?"

"We're gonna blow...the mother...up!"

Hint: You won't find this quote on-line (Well, I didn't, anyway). The movie was released in 1984 and features one of my favorite under-rated actors.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Looks like everyone is. Sorry, I'll pick a searchable quote. The one was from Up the Creek. Tim Matheson is one of my favorite underrated actors (he played Otter in Animal House.

Try this one. Diego should know this...

"What was I supposed to do? Call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others? "

Mission_banner5.JPG

I leave it for Diego :)

and see if we can get this one too:

"I'm sorry, I don't speak English."

"You are speaking English right now."

"No, I only know how to say, "I don't speak English" in English."

Well, that one was Sahara. A movie that isn't really like the book, but is so true to the characters I was able to predict the lines.

Duchess

another one that's probably easy to guess..

"I find you very attractive. Your assertiveness tells me that you feel the same way about me. But ritual remains that we must do a series of platonic actions before we can have intercourse. But all I really want to do is have sex with you as soon as possible."

Fancy

A Beautiful Mind... great flick! Russell Crowe rocks!

And mine...

"Be careful what you shoot at... some things here do not react well to bullets!"

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Jill's quote is from Shakespeare in Love. (Not to be confused with George Lucas in Love.)

My quote that you have all neatly sidestepped was from The Sting, one of the three best movies ever made IMHO. (Where's Diego lately? He might have known that one.)

And Top Secret is a hilarious movie! Val Kilmer has never been dumber. B)

"I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a girl he met in a restaurant, who then turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to a childhood lover who she's last seen on a deserted island, and who turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French Underground."

"I know. It, it all sounds like some bad movie."

(Yes, it does. B) I loved Top Secret. Another movie with it's roots firmly established in WB cartoons.)

Mission_banner5.JPG