movie quotes game

Fancy

Ah, a movie I've never seen. Good hint.

I feel obnoxious today, so I will give you all a very difficult quote to play with.

"This song of the man and his wife is of no place and everywhere; you might hear it anywhere, at any time..."

(I'll give you a hint. It was on cable TV recently.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Cheat! :lol:

It was an interesting movie, but nothing like movies today. It just sort of wandered around for awhile with various things happening, some of them a bit fantastic and others quite mundane. I must admit, I watched all two hours of it because I actually wanted to know what was going to happen though. So it succeeded on that level. (Turner Network Classics is showing Oscar and Oscar-nominated films all month.)

I should have quoted another sign in the movie, but I couldn't remember it word for word. It was something like, "Weeks passed, but the woman from the city continued to stay. No one could understand why." Just that, nothing else other than the silent images. (Of course, had I used that, no one could have Googled it because I couldn't find it. That would have been nefariously obnoxious. At least you're honest about it. 8^) )

Your turn!

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ooo. I know that one. It's me. It's what I say to my students! Followed shortly on by "If you can't do this math you shouldn't be allowed out of college. In fact, you shouldn't have been allowed into college." Actually all that reminds me of a quote!

Huh! Ok... hold on... right!

We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Huh! Ok... hold on... right!

We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.

Oooo, is the Rozencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead?

BING! We have a winner! Good job Duchess!

I really like that movie.

Character 1: Where'd you come from? You look pregnant.

Character 2: I am pregnant. I'm not even going to ask what you men are doing out here in your matching pajamas, by the way.

LOL...that has to be The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. B)

If I am right...here's the next quote:

Person 1: The leg is good, It'll bleed plenty and we avoid any necessary organs.

Person 2: I was thinking more of a graze...

Person 1: Well, you don't want it to look like you just gave up.

Person 2: No, I get that...

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

LOL...that has to be The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. :ph34r:

If I am right...here's the next quote:

Person 1: The leg is good, It'll bleed plenty and we avoid any necessary organs.

Person 2: I was thinking more of a graze...

Person 1: Well, you don't want it to look like you just gave up.

Person 2: No, I get that...

Serenity

???

My Home on the Web

BING!  We have a winner!  Good job Duchess!

I really like that movie.

After, what, almost a year of playing this game, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you and I have similar tastes in movies. :ph34r:

Ah, no, it probably shouldn't, all that evidence.

:ph34r:

Oh goody! In that case...

What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

I betcha Duchess gets this one too.

My Home on the Web

Oh goody! In that case...

What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

I betcha Duchess gets this one too.

Ha. High Fidelty. I just read the book, and that is probably the most identical book-movie pair I've ever encountered.