movie quotes game

Fancy

Argh, we gone OT ere.... But... I agree wi' the whole Keanu as Constantine thing... if ya ever read the graphic novel.... Constantine is a pale skinned, blonde haired bloke.... wot git thought Keanu could fill them shoes...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Okay, okay, I've started this reply three times and THIS time I'm going to finish the damn thing! I saw similarities in these areas:

1. Central theme of characters trying to find some way into Heaven.

2. Religious icons being turned into supporting characters.

3. Emphasis on the violent aspects of the struggle between Good and Evil.

Etc., etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both movies but I was just pointing out some of the similarities in theme and plot development.

BB

PS: NOW, does someone have a guess as to the film that Jayme quoted??

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Mr and Mrs Smith

Just saw it tonight. Man, that movie went on forever. And could someone tell me how it is that they weren't both dead by the end? (Other than the obvious explanation - it's a action/date movie and they were the "heroes".) Plus, even though they escaped, they'd still be hunted, right? So they could never make their marriage counselling session...

All right, this may be a tough one, if only because there's not much to it.

"*Heh* X marks the spot!"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

It would be Indiana Jones (and the Last Crusade). If no one had anything to say by now, I had planned to offer the following clue: The movie is not about piracy, but the main character does steal a boat during the course of it.

But now it's uncessary. Your move.

skeleton%20chess%20left.jpg

"Am I not?"

Is that from "Dracula - Dead and Loving it?" I have to admit that it was a friend of mine who suggested the answer; that's a flick I've never seen. Does that "count"? Pun intended . . .

:D Blackbead

Which, of course, is what makes it hilarious. Kind of like in "A Christmas Story" when the dad says the contents of the crate must be Italian because it says "Fragile", pronounced "frah-gee-lay", on the outside. But, Captain Sophia, am I correct?

Okay, okay! Here we go . . . in the same "vein":

"Hurt you? No. Bite you? YES!!"

(Hint: Muriel Pritchett never looked THIS good!)

BB

Okay, it be hints you're needin', eh?

Other stars in the film included Jeff Goldblum and Ed Begley, Jr. It was set in modern times but featured some "classic" monsters. The movie owed as much to the movies of the 30's as it did to Glenn Miller's music of the 40's. Look for a performance by a "Seinfeld" star before he was famous.

Enough? We'll see . . .

Lardy Man!

Would it be "Transylvania6-5000"???

I ha'n't seen that movie in years...

Who is this Muriel Pritchett?

I just loved that it was one of the first movies that Geena Davis was in.... hot lil Vamp, she were....

My quote;

"It was Socrates who once said. 'I drank what?' "

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Well done, Master Dorian, well done! I secured a copy of this old, over-looked film and have enjoyed it ever since the first time I saw it . . . in a theater! "Muriel Pritchett" was a clue as that was the name of Ms. Davis' chracter in "The Accidental Tourist." Now let the field have a gander at yer quote and sees if we can come up with the correct answer!

Ah ha! I ne'er seen th' Accidental tourist.... thus, th' unfamiliarity o' th' name....

Hehehe... Goode ol' Transylvania 6-5000....

"Yes master..."

"Stop calling me master, try my name, call me Gil.."

"Hallo Geel... how are you, Geel..."

"forget it, stick with master.."

"Yes master"

LOL

Right, now to reitterate m'quote;

"It was Socrates who once said. 'I drank what?' "

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

No, that was from Real Genius. Val Kilmer looked so young then...

"Now, how about that account? We have savings, checking, savings and checking, CDs, savings and CDs, checking and CDs, savings, checking, and CDs, T-bills, or we can just take all your money and throw it in a big mattress back there."

"Am I not?"

Hmm. How about a hint.

The person to whom this dialogue is directed at is part of a gang planning to rob the bank (this dialogue takes place in a bank - free hint). However, through a weird series of events, the person speaking actually robs the bank before the gang can break in.

How's that for a convoluted hint?

"Am I not?"