movie quotes game

Fancy

I should have known Black John would get that one. :rolleyes:

Great movie if you've never seen it, great campy silliness...

John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon's first movie I think, or one of their first. To think what they went on to do...

Yer up John!

Haha... my pirate geekiness is only exceeded by my SciFi geekiness.

:rolleyes:

So a quote...

It calls back a time when there were flowers all over the Earth... and there were valleys. And there were plains of tall green grass that you could lie down in - you could go to sleep in. And there were blue skies, and there was fresh air... and there were things growing all over the place, not just in some domed enclosures blasted some millions of miles out in to space.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Grosse Point Blank

Heh, funny...

Here's the next...

"I found this old address book in a jacket I ain't worn in a coon's age. What was that name?"

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

That was from Reservoir Dogs... another great movie.

Here's mine, it's from a stupid movie, but I loved it! -

"Has anybody here read a real book about vampires, or are we just remembering what a movie said? I mean a real book."

"You mean like a Time-Life book?"

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

"Has anybody here read a real book about vampires, or are we just remembering what a movie said? I mean a real book."

"You mean like a Time-Life book?"

I'm gonna guess, and be real wrong and say this was something Corey Haim said to Jason Patric in "Lost Boys"

SHIP2-1.jpg

Nope, not 'Lost Boys', although I liked that movie too.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

It almost sounds like something from the movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I don't think it is...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I thought Billy Bob had a dead on portrayal of Davy Crockette, plus he was the right age being 50 years old.

I watched this (I get more movie ideas from this game...) and Thorton was pretty good - he sort of stole the movie. I wonder how historically accurate his portrayal really was?

Perkeo - Google says you're right, so it's up to you to post another quote for us to guess.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I thought Billy Bob had a dead on portrayal of Davy Crockette, plus he was the right age being 50 years old.

I watched this (I get more movie ideas from this game...) and Thorton was pretty good - he sort of stole the movie. I wonder how historically accurate his portrayal really was?

The scene where Crockett is talking about “pass the taters” is a recounting of an event that is told in Crockett’s autobiography, other than telling the tale at the Alamo, the story itself is dead on with the source material. Of all the movie Crockett's I think Billy Bob came the closest for giving a feel of the real deal.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I remember that one! One of me "guilty pleasures" when I was younger. A good cast, a decent concept, one heck of an armored recreational vehicle, but it's been called "possibly one of the worst movies ever made." Hey, I liked it . . .

And I'd say that Cheeky is up.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Cyrano de Bergerac

Wonderful film indeed...

Here's mine....

Person #1 Id rather have em playin with their toys than playin with themselves

Person #2 They're too dumb to play with themselves. Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league you gotta buy it

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Ouch! that was quick!

heheheh...

"Nail him!"

Those darn Hanson Brothers... :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Treasure Island???

Starring Wallace Berry as Long John Silver

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

"Legend"

Another film that some people think is crap and I really enjoy. I think that those people that don't like this movie either try to make too much of it or too little.

By the way, I tried to watch it with the Goldsmith score . . . and I just couldn't finish it. I guess I'm a sucker for Tangerine Dream (see post re: "The Keep" in another movie thread.)

Oh, wait . . . that wasn't your line, that was part of your signature . . . foolish mortal, me . . .

The other quote is from "Yellowbeard," I believe. I watched it again a couple of months ago and I think I recall that line.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."