movie quotes game

Fancy

Ha. High Fidelty. I just read the book, and that is probably the most identical book-movie pair I've ever encountered.

:rolleyes:

Oh my... that's hilarious.

Fwiw, I really like John Cusack. And I think he'd play a very good me if (heaven forbid) the need ever arose.

Funny... High Fidelity and Serendipity (which he did almost right after High Fidelity) are sorta flipsides of the coin of love. I lke both, but I belive HF rings more true to life. Though I gotta admit I like Jeremy Pivens'character in Serendipity (anyone who quotes Epictetus is ok by me).

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I always enjoy Cusack's movies. But I was disappointed in him when I found out he thinks Better off Dead is the worst movie he has ever done, that it's a blight on his career. And I wondered how someone could be that confused.

Anyway back to the quotes.

Character 1: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.

Character 2: Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein? Got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

I love better of dead.

Thats exactly what I mean. It is the movie that pretty much defined the rest of his acting career. So for him to run around hating it, saying it's a blight on reputation, is a little bizarre.

I always enjoy Cusack's movies. But I was disappointed in him when I found out he thinks Better off Dead is the worst movie he has ever done, that it's a blight on his career. And I wondered how someone could be that confused.

Anyway back to the quotes.

Character 1: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.

Character 2: Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein? Got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

Well its been a few days, so I'll give this one up, it's Usual Suspects. Here's a new one for you:

"You are drunk and when you are drunk you forget, that I am in charge!"

Let's go that way!

Your quote is from "Willow", a really great movie.

Hmmm, how about this one:

"Gimme a vhiskey, ginger-ale on the side, and don' be stingzy, baby." (germanic accent)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I feel bad contributing a next quote since I really didn't remember the movie - just the quote. But...

"You've all suffered from their cruelty - the ear loppings, the beatings, the blindings with hot irons, the burning of our farms and homes, the mistreatment of our women. It's time to put an end to this!"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hmmm, how about this one:

"Gimme a vhiskey, ginger-ale on the side, and don' be stingzy, baby." (germanic accent)

Oh, sorry to have not given the answer before now, since no one identified it. It was Anna Christie and the line was Garbo's first words heard on screen. She held off from doing talkies for as long as possible, waiting for a movie where her Swedish accent would fit it. Anna Christie provided the perfect vehicle for her, and as they say, the rest was history.

So here's Mr. C's new quote again:

I feel bad contributing a next quote since I really didn't remember the movie - just the quote. But...

"You've all suffered from their cruelty - the ear loppings, the beatings, the blindings with hot irons, the burning of our farms and homes, the mistreatment of our women. It's time to put an end to this!"

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Christine was almost on the right track. It's from The Adventures of Robin Hood made in the 30s.

(Some of the stuff they got away back then is interesting. I was just watching Bringing Up Baby with Rock Hudson and Katherine Hepburn. Through a series of contrivances Hudson was running around in a negligee and is asked why, he responds in great frustration, "Because I just went gay all of a sudden!")

Christine, you put up a quote.

"Am I not?"

The comic strip? No, not at all.

Here's another quote from the same movie:

"Wine, sir? Mouton Rothschild ’55. A happy selection, if I may say?”

“I’ll be the judge of that. That’s rather potent. Not the cork, your after-shave. Strong enough to bury anything. But the wine is quite excellent. Although, for such a grand meal I had rather expected a claret.”

“Of course. Unfortunately, our cellars are rather poorly stocked with clarets.”

“Mouton Rothschild is a claret. And I’ve smelled that after-shave before and both times I’ve smelled a rat!”

"Am I not?"

Bond, James Bond...

Diamonds are Forever, I believe.......

My quote:

"When my father died, all he left me was a spoon and an iron pot!"

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org