movie quotes game

Fancy

You didn't give us a new quote to play with, Cap'n Mac!

Here's another softball:

"You were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short."

And one that's just a great quote:

"Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the Exorcist about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time i see it... not to mention the fact that you're talking to a dead guy...NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL! ;)

naw, come on, this is an easy one...

here's another hint...

"Let's see... we've had the backyard circumcision, we've danced with the pigs to assure my fertility -- that one really changed my life. What's the next step? Cannibalism? Hey, Mrs. O'Brien, you doing anything tonight? We're having a barbecue, wear some hot sauce!"

Fancy

It's not too easy, 'cuz I sure don't know what it's from.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I believe it's from Big Trouble in Little China. (Boy, that was an odd movie.) The Porkchop Express! Either that or Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

_____

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert Heinlein

That's in my list of favorite quotes. ;)

_____

Ok, a new quote then (this should be easy):

"I remember it vividly. I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the edge of the sink. And when I came to I had a revelation, a vision, a picture in my head, a picture of this."

You're correct - Big Trouble in Little China. Bizarre but funny. I also like the quote:

"When they ask me, 'Did you pay your dues?' I always look them straight in the eye and tell them, 'The check's in the mail!'" (or something like that.)

And yay - someone recognized my sig quote!

Fancy - is that one from Krippendorf's Tribe? Saw it once awhile back, but that line sounds familiar.

RHJMap.jpg

Yes! Krippendorf's Tribe!

If you haven't seen it, do, it's so funny!

ok, how about this one... it's a classic... ;)

"Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I just love success!

He's a credit to your genius, Master.

Yes!

A triumph of your will.

Yes!

He's OK!

OK? OK? I think we can do better than that! Well ___ and ___, what do you think of him?

Well, I don't like men with too many muscles.

I didn't make him for you!... He carries the Charles Atlas seal of approval.

Fancy

Rocky Horror Picture Show ending sequence in the pool! adding the "in the laboratory scene!

Red Handed Jill! I resemble this! cept fer the die part!

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert Heinlein

I have a few problems though! I can even idenify insects fer I hold a Branch II Liscense in pest control as well. And it doesn't mention dance, sing, fish, cook, tell a joke or know how to kiss! what say ye then? Best add a few more in there.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Oh, I know! It's The Passion of Christ!

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, yes, I know. ;)

Great movie. Great movie. I was fixin' to swipe a quote from it myself soon.

Isn't the quote actually, "Rommel, you magnificent b******, I read your book!"

The other one is actually:

"I was interested to see a Bible by your bed. You actually find time to read it?"

"I sure do. Every g****** day."

(People can't find 'em using Google unless you quote them exactly right, Diego. :huh: )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok, I know this quote isn't totally right because I'm leaving out a character's name, so it's going to be a tough one for you Google searchers... :huh:

"You've a mean Irish temper _____, but I love it!"

Hint: it's from the 1960's.

Mission_banner5.JPG

thank you... I've seen that once a very long time ago.

Mission, don't know yours either, I'm not very familiar with older movies, not many of them anyhow.

but it's gotta be Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, right?

Fancy

Nope. Can't quote a movie I've never seen.

Doesn't anyone watch AMC?

Another hint: Lee Marvin's in it - and he's an absolute hoot! (He didn't say this line, though.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I can't quote some movies I have seen! LOL!

for the record...

"Last year, more people were killed by automobile accidents, heart attacks, lung cancer, and natural causes combined than by any one tomato."

go on, take a guess!

Fancy

Hmm... I think it's from Casablanca.

Ok, here's a few easy ones from a great movie. (Someone still has to guess the other one, though. Anyone?)

"Well, go on, it's merely a lift. Or perhaps I should say elevator."

"If God had wanted man to fly..."

"He would have given him wings, Mr. ____"

_______

Don't forget this one (if no one get's in a day or two, I'll confess):

"You've a mean Irish temper _____, but I love it!"

Hint: it's from the 1960's & Lee Marvin's in it.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I can't quote some movies I have seen! LOL!

for the record...

"Last year, more people were killed by automobile accidents, heart attacks, lung cancer, and natural causes combined than by any one tomato."

go on, take a guess!

Gee - I wonder what movie that is?...

This one should be fairly easy:

"Tell a person you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly; mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and they're suddenly theology scholars."

RHJMap.jpg