Pirates invading Raleigh NC

If you are in the raleigh NC area, or if you just want to come have a great time with your fellow pirates then come join us in planning the first Raleigh Pirate Festival. We are undergoing construction of a major event in Raleigh NC at the state fair grounds (same location as the raleigh ren faire) If you are intrested you can call 919-601-9672 for more info. or e-mail me at raleighpiratefest@hotmail.com It should be a hell of a good time, and if all things go well, we hope to make it a twice a year evnet, once in Raleigh, then once in Ocracoke NC

I think that this is a great idea! Especially the Ocracoke thing. You could re-enact the pirate shindig there on the beeches when blackbeard and Vane in September of 1718. That would be a great thing to re-enact... A WEEKLONG PIRATE PARTY!

I'd love to help.... if only virtually via computer!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I have tried to get them to have a pirate event there for years, but Hyde County keeps saying no. SOmething to do with a party they used to have called Bucanner Bash. There was a fatality during a dune buggy race, since then they shut it down. Maybe if the Raleigh faire goes over well they will look at the numbers and reconsider.

• 3 weeks later...