What does your user name mean?

Mission

I like your Avatar, Captain Sage. Very chic.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Mine is, uh, Aloysius.

I was created a Skeleton King room for a haunted house. It had a skeleton in moldering robes sitting on an electrified throne and six skulls on angled posts lining the walls. The worker electrified the chair and jumped out from behind the patrons.

I liked the idea so much I put it into the book I'm writing on haunted houses. :D

"Danger's my middle name..."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Life is sort of contradiction. Or at least an interesting balancing act. (Did you know if the composition of air changed slightly it would become a deadly poisin to us? Yet another useless fact we can all worry over.)

Besides, I've had wings in Miami. Works for me! :wub:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy mates!

Well, you asked, so here goes. My name was given to me as a nickname in high school by my friends on the basketball team many years ago, I think it is based on some radio character from the thirties or forties, but where they came up with the inspiration to name me after that character, I'll never know. When I joined the pub, I couldn't think of a good pirate name for meself, so I called meself "Gentleman Jeff", because I prefer to deal amicably with others (until crossed, that is), and then one day, my wife was thumbing through some of my old high School year books and found several photos of me with my nickname underneath. She said "why don't you just use the name you were called by your friends years ago as your pirate name?" It made perfect sense, and sounded proper for a pirate, and since I am the owner of a boat named "Barracuda", even the captain part of the name was fitting. So Captain Midnight it is! :P

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

For the past twelve years at CA Southern Renn Faire I have camped with the town criers. For the past two years I've been one. We pretend to be mean, sexist, jaded, and drunk. Okay...we really are drunk... Criers have been a traditionally male dominated guild (which is why I've stayed in camp so long!!!), and the guys joke that when they can't remember a girl's name they just call her "babe". The girls all call men "babe", now, too. I decided if they were going to call me babe, I'd just accept it, but I sure as tarnation was a Pyratbabe! :rolleyes:

Myspace pagepyratbabe13@yahoo.com
I have no true love but the sea. Arrrrr!

i'm actually going through a piratical identity chrisis at the moment,

and i'm trying to get away from the jack sparrow image

Bleddyn Is My Real Name!

I started using in piratical circles after a lovely lass called me Bleddyn the Mighty Pirate!

The search goes on thou...

Sjörövaren - är du Svensk?

banner3.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was going to start a thread like this, but found out it was already started....so here's my 2 cents...

The first generation of my family settled in Plymouth, Mass. around 1690. His name was Samuel and he is believed to have come from Barbados.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Well, me name comes from a classic narrative technique: the mistake. I had originally intended to call me business "Blackbeard's Treasure Chest" and me name would have been me original pirate name: Black John Flint. Me story would ha' been that I be the master of Blackbeard's vessel and I be the designee to be sellin' off his plunder to finance our next 'venture.

So there I be, typing in the name on an email to me beloved and I tripped over me own fingers and there, on the electronic page, was "Blackbead." It were perfect! So, I kept it and the rest, as they say, is history. Or "my-story" if'n ye prefer!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I'd suck as a proofreader. I didn't realise thar weren't any R in yer name tills I read yer post. I likes yer name even more now B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Thankee, mate! I thought about goin' by "Analbeads" 'cause I been asked if'n I make 'em. I do, but I have to "personally" fit those fer the lasses, don't ye know! :lol:

Aye....ye must have crossed paths with that Asian pirate, Captain Ben Wa :lol:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

;););)

I loves it! But them be "balls," mate, not beads! Of course, when you're talking about things you shove in bodily orifices, it all be one big happy family!

Aye....I remembers me first experience wit ben wa balls. The directions said "insert balls into her slowly". After about an hour and a jar of vaseline I figger'd out they were talkin' bout the little necklace that came in the box. Couldn't walk fer a week after that........

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

(well, ahem! gentlemen....bein' back ta the thread topic o' "user name's" ): the "Durty" means dirty but in a good way ifn ye knows what I be meanin', but I wish a couple o' ye's would stop puttin' in the name "Dick" 'stead o' "Mick"...I do not be wantin' some ta be gettin' the wrong impression......now ye mates kin go back to yer beads balls n' orifices :o

I'm not completely sure what me user name means... other than me given name be Eric, and apparently at some point or another I perform'd some deed whot got a title confirm'd on me. Not sure what that were... as the devil's watchin' I must'a been dead drunk when I done it, 'cause I have no recollection of the events in question. B)

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

kaizoku is japanese for pirate :)

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

anonymously = oderless/ seas whats up eahh .. still workin on me taste though cause Eyes a bit wit out tack .

4 : to change the direction of (a sailing ship) when sailing close-hauled by turning the bow to the wind and shifting the sails so as to fall off on the other side at about the same angle as before

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 months later...

Got this handle in '95 when all the other spellings of "green eyes" were taken on Dalnet IRC. And me ighs are green, after all. I'm greenighs on all the boards I frequent (mostly marine aquarium/reef related) and the igh has become a bit of an alter ego for me.

On this board, I'm considering changes my moniker to "greenighed threadkiller" since my posts seem to kill any interest in whatever thread it appears. ;)

Arr, rest assured, Greenighs; I be here t'kill the threads now.

My own name is a bit o' fried gold, if ye ask me. I be lookin' fer a pirate name, ye see, and I be usin' our favourite ficticious literary personality, Long John Silver, as me model (as far as the name goes). Basically, I be wantin' t'be makin' it sound cheesy, unnecessarily lengthy, and with a bit o' innuendo. I be tall, so that solves the first part o' that, Mike be a name which fits a pirate pretty darn well (though ye don't see it often), and Bismuth is a semi-precious element which makes ye sound a little cheaper than a guy named "Silver". So I says t'meself, "Arr, Cap'n Tall Mike Bismuth, that be good! Wait, no, t'ain't right. T'aint right at all," so I be talkin' t'me first mate, and somewhere along the line, I be transformin' inta a funky black cop from the nineteen-hundred and seventies named "Von Bulge". Ye know, like Truck Turner. Anyway, so I be bustin' up a mafia operation, outsmartin' me future first mate (who was a knight at the time) who be tryin' t'bomb me with carpet, an' eventually, I got in a pirate ship, transformed back inta me pasty-white self, and found me name still had the word "Bulge" on it. Well, "Captain Tall Mike Bismuth Bulge" doesn't sound too good, and given the origin of the new addition, I be decidin' t'go Dutch. Methinks that has a sexual pretense, "to go Dutch", but I be meanin' that I be makin' the greatest damn pirate name in all the history of Musicology and Scientology combined. No clue what that be meanin'. Gyar.

Thankee, Tall Mike, I apreciate the explanation. The "Tall" part I'd ventured to guess m'self, the "Bismuth" was obvious, the Van der Bulge goes without saying, but I admit being a bit confused about the "Mike" in there. Glad ye cleared that up. :lol: