What does your user name mean?

Mission

OderlesseyeRRR.jpg

My post is the Look out and ye can't smell me from eerrr

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo is short for "Bodine", a nickname I got from junior high days. I always ate enough for ten boys my size, (never did grow much either way)and was always mimicking Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies. I loved the line about cyphering, and "gradgiating th' sixth grade" and drove everyone nuts. One day I was at a friends house and was staying over, so when his older sister called us in for supper, she called for him and for "Bodine"... and it stuck. My friends have shortened it to Bo over the years and that is the name I go by.

It's always been a toss up as to who was more fun, Jethro or Grannie.

So were you ever a Double-ought Spy?

:(

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

While playin' some D&D with sum o' me mates (after a nice dinner full of beef and bean burritos) i was dubed. That's the real story, but i like to tell the ladies a different version...

To be happy for a night - get drunk

To be happy for a month - get married

to be happy for the rest of your life - get a sail boat

• 1 year later...

Me real name be Tony (Anthony) thus the "Antonio".

Malasses is purpose mispelling of Molasses a key ingredient in my favorite beverage RUM! The reason for the misspelling is a) It's more piratey and 2) I am a Huge fan of the show Firefly/Serenity and the Captain in that show is Malcolm Reynolds (Mal). (We're even naming our baby after a character in the show. That obsessed!)

While making the name I wasn't sure if Antonio Malasses would be a cool name or not. that is until I noticed that if you break down my spelling of Malasses you get "mal" the Latin word for "Bad" followed by "asses". Thusly translated I am Tony Bad Ass. LOL!

Capn Antonio Malasses

It's been said "Never Trust a Skinny Chef" I say "Never Trust a Sober Pirate"

At primary school/kindergarten I was the only one in my class that didnt have a nickname so some bright spark came up with Lee (my real name) rhymes with Pea and Peas come in a Pod. The name has stuck ever since and now even my family call me PoD

I like to tell people it stands for Purveyor of Death though in my Pirate Persona :lol:

Edited by PoD

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

While making the name I wasn't sure if Antonio Malasses would be a cool name or not. that is until I noticed that if you break down my spelling of Malasses you get "mal" the Latin word for "Bad" followed by "asses". Thusly translated I am Tony Bad Ass. LOL!

Capn Antonio Malasses

:lol: That was my original take on the name. :P

Besides Malcolm, Mal could also be Malachy or Malachias.

Malachias Barrett was the principle character in the 'Brethern of the Coast' series by James L. Nelson

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Zingara is italian for gypsy, and Carmella is my grandmother name .

My grandparents ( mother and father side) imigrated from Italy to Brasil on the first War, (I was born and raise in Brasil ,I have been here in USA for 10 years now ) . There is a dispute in my mother side about the origin of her family, some said they came from France escaping persecution (from what was never said) , others have found traces of the family in other countries in Europe, there is not records enough to prove or disprove anything. so, maybe we are really gypsies.

P.S. In defense of my poor husband (he being one of the 30 Jack Sparrows around :lol:) would be consider a "legitimate " reason if your toddler thinks you are really him? maybe in a couple of years may husband will be able to move on LOL :P

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

D. B. Cooper was a modern day pirate. On November 24, 1971, he high jacked a Boeing 727. His demands were simple: $200,000 and a parachute. He bailed out somewhere over Washington (state) with a backpack full of money. It is the only unsolved U.S. air high jacking case.

I spell my name with a "U". The dictionary of early occupations defines a couper as one who sells ill begotten goods.

Edited by D B Couper

D.B. Couper

Captain McCool is the name I go by when "playing pirate."

Full name: Sean Michael McCool

Most commonly called: Jack

Common Aliases: Michael McCool, Jack Sheridan, Michael Sheridan, and Mick McCool

And no, the name McCool was NOT (not not not!) meant as a pun! I seem to have a knack for picking names that I think sound great, but others find silly.

In any case, I chose the surname because of Fionn mac Cumhaill, or Finn McCool. He was a legendary irish warrior, sometimes depicted as a giant, and always a figure of great strength, honor, and wisdom. The name is very Irish, which is the nationality I wanted to play, and I always liked the sound of it. I honestly never even considered the potential misinterpretation of the name as being a pun.

As for Jack, I simply kept it from my time of playing Jack Sparrow at the local ren faire. More people knew me as Jack than as Michael (my real name), and I figured it'd be difficult to go by yet another name, so I kept Jack. I now wish I had used something more original, or even just stuck to Michael, but the name stuck, so there I am. I did, however, decide upon using Sean for my persona's Christian name, being the Irish version of John, for which Jack is a common nickname.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

...As for Jack, I simply kept it from my time of playing Jack Sparrow at the local ren faire. More people knew me as Jack than as Michael (my real name), and I figured it'd be difficult to go by yet another name, so I kept Jack. I now wish I had used something more original, or even just stuck to Michael, but the name stuck, so there I am. I did, however, decide upon using Sean for my persona's Christian name, being the Irish version of John, for which Jack is a common nickname.

Hee hee hee. I know you. But I highly doubt you remember me. :)

Took me name from a legendary Canadian Pirate- from BC! Gunpowder Gertie- Pirate Queen o' the Kootenays! A bit beyond the GAoP, more from the steampunk era I be thinkin'. And totally fictional.

But- seeing, as we shared the same last name, a LOT of geographical details, and some other similarities - I figured who better t' be a Gunpowder Gertie-than ME? Though lately I be findin' meself hailed a bit more as Dirty Gertie- but then, tha's from me habit of being less than well scrubbed, in me piratical persona!:P

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Took me name from a legendary Canadian Pirate- from BC! Gunpowder Gertie- Pirate Queen o' the Kootenays! A bit beyond the GAoP, more from the steampunk era I be thinkin'. And totally fictional.

But- seeing, as we shared the same last name, a LOT of geographical details, and some other similarities - I figured who better t' be a Gunpowder Gertie-than ME? Though lately I be findin' meself hailed a bit more as Dirty Gertie- but then, tha's from me habit of being less than well scrubbed, in me piratical persona!:P

It is because Dirty Gertie is so much more approachable with out the fear of being blown to bits Eagh eagh...

And well the Dirty part has some fun connotation to it left to a mans imagination aside being dirt faced.. Hee HEee

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

It is because Dirty Gertie is so much more approachable with out the fear of being blown to bits Eagh eagh...

And well the Dirty part has some fun connotation to it left to a mans imagination aside being dirt faced.. Hee HEee

Aye! And who said Gertie wasn't appreciatin' the cut o' a man's jib?:P

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

...As for Jack, I simply kept it from my time of playing Jack Sparrow at the local ren faire. More people knew me as Jack than as Michael (my real name), and I figured it'd be difficult to go by yet another name, so I kept Jack. I now wish I had used something more original, or even just stuck to Michael, but the name stuck, so there I am. I did, however, decide upon using Sean for my persona's Christian name, being the Irish version of John, for which Jack is a common nickname.

...Oh?:o

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

...Oh?:o

Mmm...I'm from the same Renaissance Festival. I haven't worked there for years, but my husband has. My daughter used to attack you every weekend. But no one ever remembers me. :) Just my husband...who most recently was some sort of Spaniard with a lisp.

The name "Capt Scurvy" was given to me by my old crew. I had a jacket that was made for me by a very sweet lady who owned a dress shop in town but really didn't have the same taste in fabric as me. She made it for no charge so I was of course very gratefull and polite about it, even though it was white with lime green embrodery and a light green lining. One of my fellow pirates said it looked like I was a walking advertisment on how to prevent scurvy and the name stuck. Our travelling pirate carnival called Capt Scurvy's Carnival of Senseless Debauchery got it's name from a very upset patron at one of our early shows. He was an older man, in his 80's and came up to me after a show and said that was the most disturbing display of senseless debauchery he had ever seen and our name was born

Haha, brilliant. That's a damn good story, actually. Wish mine were half as interesting.

And mother crow, hah! Yes, I definitely remember your husband! I'm sure I would remember you too, if I saw you!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Thanks. Most of my names for everything I've done has come from some incident (good or bad) with the public or the people in charge of an event. We did a ren faire one year (I will leave the name out to protect the guilty) and one of our members was verbaly chastised by another faire employee for a small piece of velcro being visiable on his outfit. He was quite and took the beating and then told me about it later that day. We were watching a demonstration later put on by the same person and you could tell the sheild he was using was a trash can lid. Instead of pointing out the fact that the word "Hefty" was visable we went to a junkyard that afternoon and bought everything ew could find with the Ford logo on it and made a bunch of outfits and called ourselves the Fraternal Order of Rakeish Deviants, or the Knights of FORD. Needless to say we were not welcomed with cheers adn laughter from that one particular group but everyone else thought it was absolutly brillent. The Order has been in exsistance for over 6 years now.

The name "Capt Scurvy" was given to me by my old crew. I had a jacket that was made for me by a very sweet lady who owned a dress shop in town but really didn't have the same taste in fabric as me. She made it for no charge so I was of course very gratefull and polite about it, even though it was white with lime green embrodery and a light green lining. One of my fellow pirates said it looked like I was a walking advertisment on how to prevent scurvy and the name stuck. Our travelling pirate carnival called Capt Scurvy's Carnival of Senseless Debauchery got it's name from a very upset patron at one of our early shows. He was an older man, in his 80's and came up to me after a show and said that was the most disturbing display of senseless debauchery he had ever seen and our name was born

Nice! that is what makes this hobbie a hoot - Good times always!

I bet that jacket looks good now with some weathering and wear (if'n ya could stand wearin it that long :o )

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Thanks. Most of my names for everything I've done has come from some incident (good or bad) with the public or the people in charge of an event. We did a ren faire one year (I will leave the name out to protect the guilty) and one of our members was verbaly chastised by another faire employee for a small piece of velcro being visiable on his outfit. He was quite and took the beating and then told me about it later that day. We were watching a demonstration later put on by the same person and you could tell the sheild he was using was a trash can lid. Instead of pointing out the fact that the word "Hefty" was visable we went to a junkyard that afternoon and bought everything ew could find with the Ford logo on it and made a bunch of outfits and called ourselves the Fraternal Order of Rakeish Deviants, or the Knights of FORD. Needless to say we were not welcomed with cheers adn laughter from that one particular group but everyone else thought it was absolutly brillent. The Order has been in exsistance for over 6 years now.

Hahaha... nice. Way to stick it to them!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Capt Scurvy's Carnival of Senseless Debauchery

Hey... drunkin Debauchery be cool.......... :D (wot.... someones gota do it....... or we will forget about it's proper inportance in the developement of society....)