What does your user name mean?

Mission

As for the "Captain" bit, well ... when I changed m' name, I decided to give m'self a promotion in the process. :lol:

:lol: now you just have to work yourself up to that rank here! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: now you just have to work yourself up to that rank here! :lol:

Aye, I be tryin' t' do just that ... this'll be my 254th post ... I'm hopin' my rank'll go up by the 300th ... not that I would ever concern myself with that sorta o' thing ... LoL :lol:

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

• 2 months later...

Up. (I must say I am curious about the name "Dumbass Turtle"...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well my dad is spanish and my mom was taken by him during on of the raids upon a ship she was on. My mom is ?--a wench? This gave me the name of

Bizmalah Delmar.

Bizmalah-- spelled in another way, is for allah. It is said in the coran to mean to allah the most merciful the most gracious, but in other languages means dont press your luck. Not sure if this name came from mom or not.

Delmar -- Spanish for the sea or ocean.

So

don't press your luck of the ocean!

Delmar

Sex, Mead, Swords, and Bows!

Lets see if I can get this right:

A long time ago in what is now Claire County, Ireland...There was a King named Cormac Cas...

One of his descendants was named Cu Mara... His descendants took the surname Mac Conmara, which was later changed to Mac Namara. Years and Years later, it was changed to McNamara, which is (mundanely) who I be... Josh McNamara, a direct descendant of the 5th Century King of Thomond, which is now in the general area of Claire County Ireland. <_<

Duncan is my SCA first name, also taken from my family's history. Patrick is my SCA middle name, also from my family's history... Patrick MacNamara from the song Kilkelly, the School teacher who helped an illitterate father write letters to one of his sons who left ireland and came to America during the potato blight.

The Captain part of my username... I am the Captain of the Iron Lotus, a Ship within the SCA. I was awarded my Captaincy by the Matriarch of the SCA mercenary Household Black Company in 2003. I am also one of the Commodores of the Allied Outlanders Fleet. :D

Captain_MacNamara

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Hmmm, well mine is simple enough really. The 'Black' comes from a time more than 30 years ago from the SCA. I wore solid black clothing. All the time. This was before Goth was cool, btw, so I wasn't part of that group and never have been.

The name 'Talon' I took because I like the sound of it. It later gained the added reference to my raking style of verbal confrontation when braced. My nails didn't hurt the name either.

'MacNamara' is, according to my grandmother, a part of our family tree. I considered using 'nic Namara' just because I like the sound of it better.

I'm Welsh-Irish-Ojibwe by descent. I've thought of changing the name of late. My real name is Siani, I'm told it's Welsh for 'Jane'. :huh:

So...'Black' Talon (nic Namara?) :lol:

Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion.

Up. (I must say I am curious about the name "Dumbass Turtle"...)

Aye! Me too!

But aren't the rest o these great people just gettin yer goat there Mission. I mean ta says is it not great? The history the grandure and the passion with which htese the new come from a place caled the few and within the rites and times of this mans life will become the many as we all but fade away into the abyss of internet pyracy.com.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Captain - eh, why not?

Sophia - a name I happen to find very pretty

M. Eisley - the M stands for "Mos". For those SW fans, Mos Eisley is Lucas' version of a pirate city. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy," said Ben Kenobi of the sand-logged spaceport.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

M. Eisley - the M stands for "Mos". For those SW fans, Mos Eisley is Lucas' version of a pirate city. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy," said Ben Kenobi of the sand-logged spaceport.

Awwwww man... ya got me! Nice job... I completely missed that! Here's a rum for pulling the wool over ol' Blackjohn's eyes.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:rolleyes: Very clever! Have I ever told you about the decor for my bathroom? B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

M. Eisley - the M stands for "Mos".  For those SW fans, Mos Eisley is Lucas' version of a pirate city.  "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy," said Ben Kenobi of the sand-logged spaceport.

Awwwww man... ya got me! Nice job... I completely missed that! Here's a rum for pulling the wool over ol' Blackjohn's eyes.

Ha! I recognized it immediatly when she joined as Mos Eisley! But then I'm a Star Wars fan too. 1.gif

11stormTrooper.gif

As so many of you, I was also a member of the SCA (ten + years), under the name Rathyen de Burres of Acton—being a direct decendant of Sir Richard de Burres Knight Templar. I am told the ruins of Acton Hall still exist in England, mainly a foundation and a lot of grass.

For my pirate name, I wanted "something completely different." Went to the web site that gives you pirate names but didn't like any of them. In my writers group we all picked pirate names for Talk Like a Pirate Day, and mine was Fireship Fanny Todd, as I have red hair. But I though that name too long for this pub(besides, I know there is another, less flattering, meaning to the term "Fireship.") , so I came up with False Ransom, and the story that goes with it—held for ransom, ransom paid, but in lead coin instead of gold (full story under my introduction New Member).

BTW Loved Mos Eisley - my favorite SW's town! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Gutter punk is a derogatory term applied to young homeless often Traveling individuals that are thought to, but may not actually prescribe to the ideals of the Punk ideology.

Punk ideology is Individualism, anti-authoritarianism, political anarchism, free thought, and ethical enlightenment are concepts, and many others..

as for 13 its my lucky Number..

Much Respect

:lol:

John

M. Eisley - the M stands for "Mos".  For those SW fans, Mos Eisley is Lucas' version of a pirate city.  "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy," said Ben Kenobi of the sand-logged spaceport.

Ha! I recognized it immediatly when she joined as Mos Eisley! But then I'm a Star Wars fan too.

Thanks Pirate Petee, Mission and Blackjohn. And RumbaRue...I figured a few folks might get the hidden meaning right away...good catch! :D It was funny when I came up with the name...I didn't figure I was that big of a SW fan, but I guess I am (I was crazy enough to wait for hours at a time at the Ep 2 Convention...ugh).

Mission - Indeed...I saw your creation for your bathroom. I see how it can look like the Death Star, though I do see the shape of the Millenium Falcon in it too for some reason.

False Ransom - it's my favorite area in the SW movies...by leaps and bounds over Naboo.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Yeah, Mos Eisley is the best. Close runner up—Jabba's palace!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well my dad is spanish and my mom was taken by him during on of the raids upon a ship she was on. My mom is ?--a wench? This gave me the name of

Bizmalah Delmar.

Bizmalah-- spelled in another way, is for allah. It is said in the coran to mean to allah the most merciful the most gracious, but in other languages means dont press your luck. Not sure if this name came from mom or not.

Delmar -- Spanish for the sea or ocean.

So

don't press your luck of the ocean!

Delmar

Sex, Mead, Swords, and Bows!

Wow, I first thought yer from California and ye live in the city of Delmar.

That is indeed interesting tho, thanks! :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Gentleman of Fortune.... hmmmm well I wanted it to go with my pirate re-enacting web site but the truth is.........

Darth Vader said "Gentleman" in Star Wars.

He said "of" in The Empire Strikes Back

and then he said "Fortune" in Return of the Jedi

So, you see, I too was using a cryptic STAR WARS name that nobody guessed!

:lol:

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Monterey Jack is pretty bloody obvious, besides being from that area of california; I've used it when I do my shows involving kids; the bad guy is Pierre DeBris and my faithful sidekick is Guano. Even the grownups get a laugh. For the more serious stuff I use Josiah Gunn , an old family name from my wife's side. Nothin like MJ at all and not likely fit fer this forum!

:angry:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Foxe (or Fox) was the name I was born into. With a real name like mine I'm not gonna start calling myself "Sparrow" am I?

Plus, when I was at school I was "Foxe", and when I left school my best friend and I shared the same forename (he had it Monday to Wednesday, I had it Thursday to Saturday, and we took it in turns on Sundays), so we were both known by our surnames.

So, I've always been "Foxe".

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Mission - Indeed...I saw your creation for your bathroom.  I see how it can look like the Death Star, though I do see the shape of the Millenium Falcon in it too for some reason.

Or a TIE Fighter.

TIE-fighter.darth.jpg

This was actually my original model. I wanted to use the thing Vader threw Luke through on Bespin in TESB, but that was too complicated to build into a mirror. As it is, I had to eliminate the rounded edge to make the thing easier to build.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Look, you gotta' believe me. My name is Captain Sage.... ;)

I am the Captain of me site, The Pirate's Realm. I could have referred to meself as Lord of my Realm, but Lord Sage sounds too Star Wars-ey, NOT that there's anything wrong with that.

....and Sage means a wise and discerning man, but many who have no sense of humor think that pretending to be a pirate is the worst way to act like a sage :lol:

I googled the name and found a few Captain Sage's in history.

Hows about "Darth Sage"?